(REL) New Seyda Neen 1.5

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:40 am

New Seyda Neen 1.5

As promised I've now released 1.5, hurray! It's been quite some time since I last played around with the CS so it might come with a bug or two, but hopefully not. Enjoy! :)
Futures
* 13 new shacks with fully furnitured interiors.
* New Taverns to hang around: The Evil Mudcrab and The Red Lantern.
* Docks, with a Haunted Tower and a shipmaster offering travel service!
* New environments: More trees, foliage, rocks, bushes etc.
* Several New Traders: Weapon smith, clothier and more!
* Hidden Treasures.

New in 1.5
* Added 1 new shack with interior.
* Traders will have yet more to offer.
* New and improved environment, sorted out some old dialog.
* "Fortifications" (wooden palisade) , it's a rather important location.

Note: The mod works fine with Seyda_Neen_abandoned_shack by Tesenthusiast, and PrincessDocks by Princess Stomper. It doesn't work well with Seyda Neen Docks v7.0.
Thanks to tes96 for this information. Don't know with other mods though.

PES DOWNLOAD: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=5057

Trance - Ready for 1.6 (not even the very wise can see all ends!) :goodjob:
Laura

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:29 am

Thank you!! :D
Eve(G)

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:50 pm

There has been an error with your request. This may be due to your browser settings. Please check your security settings and try the link again. Or, go to Tools, Internet Options in your browser and choose Delete Files button. Close all browser windows and try the link again. NOTE: You could also be recieving this error because you are under 18 years of age and trying to access an advlt rated file. Should you reach this error again, please contact Customer Support.

:(
Charlotte Lloyd-Jones

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:08 am

Despite not fitting with Vality's BC Tree mod, I'm still going to update from the old version because I enjoyed it so much.

I'll just have to sharpen my axe in the CS, and knock down some of Vality's trees. ;)

Thanks for the update :thumbsup:
emma sweeney

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:06 am

:(

Strange, should work. Maybe it's not been uploaded just yet, I'll fix another link.
Elea Rossi

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:28 am

both the link doesn't work .
Mel E

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:37 am

both the link doesn't work .

How's that possible, the speedyshare link works just fine with me :brokencomputer:
Shiarra Curtis

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:39 pm

After more than 5 times download , the link of speedshare worked.

I just see it ingame.

where is your Fortifications (wooden palisade) ?

and I noticed you have been changed fadrill's shack and M..Q..'s shack, the layout are better now.

I also noticed you add a copurse stalker in Aler's shack, who's Aler ? that just him ?

I also noticed allmost all your new npc do not have AI package, so they will not play any iddles. can be fixed easy.

and the lantern, I think you have decide stick to ash lantern.
Portions

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:15 am

After more than 5 times download , the link of speedshare worked.

I just see it ingame.

where is your Fortifications (wooden palisade) ?

and I noticed you have been changed fadrill's shack and M..Q..'s shack, the layout are better now.

I also noticed you add a copurse stalker in Aler's shack, who's Aler ? that just him ?

I also noticed allmost all your new npc do not have AI package, so they will not play any iddles. can be fixed easy.

and the lantern, I think you have decide stick to ash lantern.

Very strange, should work without problems. Well have too fix that tomorrow.

It's not a "real" palisade, If you haven't noticed I've added some wooden poles that should reasemble a "palisade".

You mean they don't stay idle at all?

Yes for now that's how it's gonna be with the lanterns. I may alter this later on though.

P.S: You should be able to find Aleri at the Evil Mudcrab if I'm not misstaken..
Sharra Llenos

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:50 am

Speedyshare link worked for me, gonna try it out now! :D
ijohnnny

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:29 am

You mean they don't stay idle at all?

Yes for now that's how it's gonna be with the lanterns. I may alter this later on though.

P.S: You should be able to find Aleri at the Evil Mudcrab if I'm not misstaken..

I mean npcs don't play animations while standing. such as "watch left and right", "prepear clothes", "touch hair".....
this is cause you put no Ai package in the npc AI window. you can add a follow package then set the distance to 0 for standing npc.

about lantern, suggest replace with the one you put outside Arrile trade house. yes, the red paper lantern. the ID is ....177_small. yes, the "small" one can sway in wind.

about dirt datas.
as I said before, I noticed you change something without make unique ID. such as "ex_common_skywalk_01", these may cause problem.

If you need me, we can modding together. I can do some fix or even add misc quests for it.
D IV

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:13 am

Is this compatible with Arg Domurg?
And I'm probably not spelling that right at all.
Kayleigh Williams

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:08 am

(This is a duplicate of my post on your WIP thread. Let me know and I'll edit the WIP one away.)

As I said on the PES page, this is a damned fine job, Trancemaster! I love it.

I noticed a couple of things:

1) I found one little... seam or something? I'm not too up on the specific technical mod lingo, but there's one building that has a problem. I've posted images to show the building -- it only shows at certain angles, but it does show clearly when it does. Some images show it, some don't. (Images 2-6 in this http://img198.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=mgescreenshot019.jpg.)

2) It's got dirty refs.

And a little would-be-nice -- I don't know if it's possible, but is there a way you could you set the two boats in image #1 differently so they don't rock in perfect unison?

Again, I think this is fantastic work. It's a keeper for me.
Scott

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:37 pm

I mean npcs don't play animations while standing. such as "watch left and right", "prepear clothes", "touch hair".....
this is cause you put no Ai package in the npc AI window. you can add a follow package then set the distance to 0 for standing npc.

about lantern, suggest replace with the one you put outside Arrile trade house. yes, the red paper lantern. the ID is ....177_small. yes, the "small" one can sway in wind.

about dirt datas.
as I said before, I noticed you change something without make unique ID. such as "ex_common_skywalk_01", these may cause problem.

If you need me, we can modding together. I can do some fix or even add misc quests for it.

1. Oh I didn't knew those AI packades caused the npcs' too touch hair etc. I'll fix that.

2. Will check it out.

3. Used the esp cleaner to sort out dirty data. Will update the files as soon as possible

4. Yes I might just need your help for the next version, you'll get more info when it comes to that.

- Trance
Emily Jones

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:03 pm

thanks, I allready have a bit ideas for many sections. this time we willn't do same section of the mod.

and I suggest remove the 2 towers near the haunted tower, they seem not fit the evirment. and allso, they have no doors. suggest just remove them.
^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:12 am

Another question (please excuse me if you have addressed this in a past post or PES download page comment and I missed it):

It's odd where you placed the Red Lantern banners, and did not at all help me to actually find the place. Why are they placed next to other buildings well-away from it? I mean, I understand that you put them on the paths/bridges leading to it, but why not just place one next to the building and eliminate any vagueness? It seems inconsistent and counterintuitive where you have them.

That said, I just have to reiterate. I love the layout and what you've done with it. I was just bubbling about it when I saw it. Reading the early comments at PES, and having my own preconceptions ("yawn, another Seyda Neen mod"), I was extremely pleasantly surprised. Great, great job.

Edit: Minor correction.

Second edit: I checked out the cleaned version, and the crack beneath the building is smaller, but it is still visible from certain angles.
NEGRO

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:05 am

BUMP!
Sweets Sweets

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:27 am

Thanks for this this mod, Trancemaster! Its my favourite Seyda Need mod. The update looks really good. How Seyda Need should be (well actually is - in my Morrowind!)! Thank you!

Time grab my Construction Set and start deleting Vality's tree around Seyda Need!
Izzy Coleman

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:42 am

Does this mod break the quest "Fargoth's Hiding Place"? I'd really like to know before I download it.
Ownie Zuliana

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:34 pm

Just tested, looks good, its more like an acctual town now. I didn't like the statue though, looks too "epic" for this place, just my opinion ofcourse.

Not compatible with MGE's grass or Vanitys bitter coast trees since it changes the terrain quite a lot, i think im gonna edit away some of the "incompatible" grass and trees, seems to be worth it imo :) Good work!
Ella Loapaga

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:45 am

Does this mod break the quest "Fargoth's Hiding Place"? I'd really like to know before I download it.

No. Someone had those problems, but it was "Caldera Expanded", (If I'm not misstaken) which blocked some doors in and around Seyda Neen.
Lew.p

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:41 am

No. Someone had those problems, but it was "Caldera Expanded", (If I'm not misstaken) which blocked some doors in and around Seyda Neen.

Correction.
The problem is with the mod called The Mountains Of Ever Winter.
It has a dirty reference on the ex_nord_door_01 that blocks every door of that type in the game, of which there are some in Seyda Neen.
:)
Monika Fiolek

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:04 am

Correction.
The problem is with the mod called The Mountains Of Ever Winter.
It has a dirty reference on the ex_nord_door_01 that blocks every door of that type in the game, of which there are some in Seyda Neen.
:)

Oh my fault. Someone over at PES gave me a report about the Caldera mod causing these issues. Problem solved :hubbahubba:
Terry

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Oh my fault. Someone over at PES gave me a report about the Caldera mod causing these issues. Problem solved :hubbahubba:

That's what was initially thought, but I helped the guy work through the problem, and we narrowed it down to the Ever Winter mod.

BTW, I am thoroughly enjoying your New Seyda Neen. It's a permanent mod for me now. thanks for updating.
Naughty not Nice

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:30 pm

Hello Trance ~~

if you are working a 1.6 version, hope you may get rid of these dirty datas first.
Phillip Hamilton

Next

Return to III - Morrowind