Relationship Vigilant of Stendarr and Thalmor?

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:46 am

I read that Stendarr was at Tiber Septims (aka Talos) side when he built his empire.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/nine-divines-stendarr

With the Thalmor around, men is in danger again and the Vigilant should protect them from said group? Also Stendarr supported Tiber Septim (Talos) who's worship got outlawed by this group of high elves?

Can I assume, Vigilant of Stendarr would:

1. not accept high elves (Altmer) in their midst

2. not agree with the Thalmor

3. protect individuals trying to get away or even fight the Thalmor?

//edit: typos

Melanie Steinberg

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:13 am

Worship of Stendarr has been going on since long before Talos appeared. And while I cannot be sure, I suspect that they only care about the Thalmor when it involves the Daedra.

Although given the recent revelation that Lord Naarifin- leader of the Thalmor forces in the Cyrodiil theater of the great war- was in cahoots with some of the Princes of Misrule, I do suspect that they view the Thalmor with suspicion after the Great War.
priscillaaa

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:51 am

As the Apologist of Men, I would hope so. Whatever their concern for Talos worship, they ought to be concerned the Thalmor are soliciting Daedra, and against mankind no less.
Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:41 pm

I'm curious about how the Vigilants feel about the rumors that Titus Mede II wielded Goldbrand at the Battle of the Red Ring. I wonder if they believe it or even think about it that much.

In any case, yeah, like Crimson Paladin and Bactrian said, they won't be too fond of the Thalmor receiving aid from Daedric Princes. However, I'm not sure how many people in-universe actually know about that. It is information we take for granted, but most people in Tamriel may not necessarily know that.

Side note: I also find it interesting how hypocritical it is that the Thalmor beseeched the Daedra for aid, considering their self-proclaimed devotion to worship of their Aldmer versions of the Aedra. I never see anyone mention that.

Invasion's

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:47 pm

I just reread the Great War in the Imperial Library, but there is no mention about them dealing with the Daedra. Except for the rumour, the Aldmeri Lord was being picked up by a flying Daedra after hanging for 34 days from the tower. Also The Rising Threat, which was just before the Great War, shows no indication, the opposite.

Anyway, could someone point me to some lore that is explicit about Stendarr? :)

Victor Oropeza

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:02 pm

IIRC, I can't remember where it is talked about (maybe it is in the story for Legends), but it is mentioned somewhere that the Thalmor may have made deals with the Daedra, specifically Boethiah. Boethiah, being the lord of plots and backstabbing and such, helped the Thalmor blindside the Empire so easily and seemingly be one step ahead all the time until, as Boethiah is wont to do, he turned the tables on the Thalmor. Titus Mede, who is rumored to have wielded Goldbrand (Boethiah's artifact), may have helped to make this happen, and in turn the winged daedra carried off Naarifin's body. This also suggests the reason for why Titus Mede isn't that perturbed when you come to assassinate him for the Dark Brotherhood. He knew that in his dealings with Boethiah that he would have to "return the favor" if you will, and that turned out to be his life. So the story goes, anyway.

As to your question about Stendarr, do you mean the Vigilants? All I could find was http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Discovering_Ruunvald. If about Stendarr specifically, the http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Stendarr for it is a good place to go, and it will direct you to some texts about him as well.

Cash n Class

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:48 pm

It's from the recent TES Legends game. The campaign story involves Lord Naarifin's dealings with Daedra.
Davorah Katz

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:04 am

Ah! Sorry, I did not know there was something like it.

It is great to read the stories about lore and not just look pure data up on a wiki page (this is great if you look for reference, though). The story is part of the game, which I never finished, so I still don't know everything that happens in TES5.

Princess Johnson

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:02 am

The Legends exposition is more interesting than I first gave credit. Once again, I have some learning to do. I wonder who else will get a Ledgends campaign...
Stephanie I

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion