Remaster versions of games and no discount

Post » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:59 pm

It seems that xbox is becoming flooded with remastered version of games for the new gen console. Many of these games I already own on an earlier xbox platform and I'm sure that this will be registered in my xbox account as it has carried over from platform to platform. Does anyone else think it would be a nice gesture for game companies to give a discount for games that we have already put our money into?
Julia Schwalbe

Post » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:38 pm

It would be a nice gesture since it shouldn't be too hard to check your library. With that said I doubt any of your major devs are going to do it.
Trevi

Post » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:42 am

it wouldn't be hard if you purchased it digitally.. physical copies however could be a real PITA to try and verify

maria Dwyer

Post » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:09 pm

Since Call of Duty Modern Warfare, I have pre-ordered nearly every COD with every single map pack. I have spend best part of a hundred pound sterling everytime. The exception is the latest COD with jump packs and players jumping to dodge bullets. I have not bought a single map pack and I have totally blanked the latest. That said, Microsoft can see on my xbox live account my history of purchases. I have noticed that COD Black Ops has been remastered and is for sale at around £15. I'd love to purchase but I kinda feel a bit peeved considering that I have already spent around £100 on the game when they first released it. I had every map pack plus things like additional weapon slots. I also wonder if they will carry across?
lucy chadwick

Post » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:16 pm

Sure that would be really nice.

It would be really nice if Bethesda didn't hike the price of their "Fallout 4" Season Pass but companies are greedy and gamers are stupid and keep spending money.

Vote with your wallet.

Worked for "Dead Space 3".

Liii BLATES

Post » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Yeah, game companies have learned that they can charge full price for an old game if they simply slap a new coat of paint on it and make it available for a new system. It's a bad precedent, but that's business for you. I'm really glad I didn't buy Skyrim SE for PS4.
Dona BlackHeart

Return to Othor Games