Remove Master Dependency

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:19 am

Hey, so I'm pretty familiar with the CS and Mash, and I've been around these forums forever, but something I've never had to do up until now is remove a master dependency from an esp. Specifically, there's a mod I was working on about a year ago or so which I decided I want to get back to, but when I first made it I had it dependent on TR_data.esm so that I could use some of TR's meshes in it. However, with the migration over to Tamriel_data.esm, I wanted to also switch my plugin so that I'm not stuck having to load/keep an outmoded .esm whenever I want to work on it, let alone when (if) I ever actually finish and want to play it. So how do I do this? I tried using Mash to just uncheck TR_data.esm, which loaded in the CS fine with just the game and expansion .esm's, but when I then tried to load it also with Tamriel_data.esm I got a bunch of moved reference errors, and duplicated meshes around my mod, including things like door markers, such that some interior doors (which I haven't touched) now point to two different exterior markers. Any help here would be greatly appreciated! :confused:

Russell Davies

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:50 pm

I just use http://mw.modhistory.com/download--5258

it's quick and simple.

I imagine that tes3cmd probably also has this function.

Miguel

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:57 pm

It's doable with, but not as simple as it should be, yet. You would have to individually delete the MAST (master esm name) and associated DATA (esm size) sub-records, which isn't too hard. But a planned feature for the future tes3cmd will understand groupings of sub-records better and be able to delete both of those with the same simple command.

Miranda Taylor

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:29 pm

You can remove dependencies in Enchanted Editor too.

City Swagga

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Wow, thank you all! This board doesn't move as fast as it once did; I was not expecting nearly this many replies, this fast. Y'all are fantastic ^_^

Edit: Oh! And I should probably have said that I fixed it. Thanks again!

Nomee

Return to III - Morrowind