Robot companion taking damage from nowhere?

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:47 am

Dear friends,

Travelling with my new robot companion, I've noticed that he was being destroyed too much. Always complaining about taking several damage and often being with no weapons (both destroyed). Being high-level and with the best armors available, I found it a little suspect, so I've decided to make a test.

We went to the Glowing Sea, and headed to the locked house (unlocked via a terminal) with the Bloated Glowing One inside. I was lucky enough to get a Legendary Bloated Glowing One lvl. 273. Crippled his legs (in fact, exploded them), and he was completely unable to move. So, I watched Peepers II finish him, from a safe distance, using his weapons.

It happens that he "took damage from nowhere". Really. I certified that there wasn't no other enemy around, and my robot suddenly had his arms exploded, and complaining about "taking several shoulder damage". I waited until both weapons "respawn" on his hands. He started to shoot and... weapons exploded again. It happened something like 6 times before the crippled enemy was killed. Sometimes, he also had his head "exploded" and saying "head is pretty damaged" (or something like that).

Really. My robot is taking damage from nowhere. And no, there aren't no unstable parts. All of them are stable. I've tried that again with a Mythic Deathclaw lvl. 273, also without his legs, and a Deathskull Radscorpion lvl. 273, without all his 8 legs. And my robot keeps exploding.

I've recorded a video showing this, but I'm too lazy now for upload it. And you guys probably don't want to see it. (but if the discussion goes ahead, I'll post it)

EDIT: the video was uploaded https://youtu.be/3k6jK7TfoUQ

Anyway, someone experiencing this? Knows the motive? I play on PS4 in the "hardcoe" mode.

Thanks!

Silvia Gil

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:02 pm

No, my robot so far is in good shape and she rarely loses body parts unless I especifically destroy her limbs for fun. But I haven't take her to the glowing sea yet, I will try it in bit.

Post the video.

Claire Vaux

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:14 pm

Well, here it is:

https://youtu.be/3k6jK7TfoUQ

Miragel Ginza

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:20 am

I just crafted a similar robot to yours using robobrain upper half with the flying legs, dual gatlings, and armor to improve energy dmg.

It still solos everything, I just didn't encounter legendary enemies. If you are really not using unstable parts then it must be a bug.

Rebecca Clare Smith

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:45 pm

Yes, I think that it may be a bug. He is very good at combat, too bad that keeps breaking all the time...

CxvIII

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:35 pm

What if you create a new robot using the same parts to test?

Prue

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:59 pm

I think you're being stalked by a new class of Radscorpian that can send damage through the ground without surfacing

Oyuki Manson Lavey

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:24 am

I think that's the only explanation!

Calum Campbell

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:00 pm

Hmm... nice! I'll test it. Let's create Peepers III so..,

Miguel

Return to Fallout 4