My robot just pawns everthing

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:59 pm

So I built my robot, basically Robobrain everything except Mr Handy thruster, laser one arm, minigun the other. I got Armour, Science, Gun Nut maxed and lvl 1 Robotics so he's pretty buff and...

... he just destroys e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Things I usually struggle with (on survival) I just stand back and watch in awe as he carves them up like sausage. He slagged a bloke in power-armour just before I'm sure was in one shot, two at most - he was there and then he was a pile of ash.

Yeah it's fun, but... not so fun.

Think I'm gonna have to dumb down my robots or alternatively just keep them for the arena because the wasteland just won't survive them.
maddison

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:15 pm

Here I was thinking you made robot that brought one of your items to someone as security for money it wanted to borrow...

LuCY sCoTT

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:13 pm

I'm on current survival mode as well- I've only just got ADA- gave her twin auto-lasers, and she's an absolute beast in combat. Seems like she has a much, much higher rate of incinerating enemies into ash-piles with those than you do.

Siobhan Thompson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:55 am

my ADA as well. she is a killer! I also like how she picks up stuff and gives me junk whenever we talk. maybe more productive than my settlement scrappers!
Portions

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:44 pm

Somehow my Ada (With Robobrain treads) got up into the catwalks in one area and mowed down all the guys I hadn't even seen. Pretty frickin' sweet

Stephanie Nieves

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:17 pm

Interesting how one generations quick misspelling of the word own into pwn turns into an actual catchphrase word that the following generation deciphers as pawn. B)

Not quite sure yet if pawn will make it to t-shirts yet.

[ becca ]

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:28 pm

Been there for the whole own, pwn, pawn, degeneration; as well as the omg, aomg, zomg, thing that was slightly less prevalent. Still missed it...

Noraima Vega

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:43 pm

Try make them melee hovering robot.

...they use weird horizontal & vertical spin attack... the double arm vertical spin attack deals devastating damage...

Taylah Illies

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:26 am

I need to try that! make my own Pawn Star!
Tikarma Vodicka-McPherson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:44 am

I actually do believe Ada was killing level 200 legendary bot faster with vertical double arm spin attack.. than I use my two shot gauss rifle that deals 800 damage per shot...

Chris Jones

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Yeah, mine has Gatling lasers on each arm, and I can just sit back and watch her absolutely destroy legendary enemies.

Lil'.KiiDD

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:32 pm

My ADA was a joke. She did less damage that any of the robots we were fighting. The robots seemed more powerful than any Deathclaw I ever fought in the game. Especially with rapid fire laser weapons they all seemed to have.

I have the armorer 4 perk. I have Science 2 perk. I have the Robot thing to 3. My Smith thing is only 1 or 2 and my Science perk not being up there seemed to hurt my ADA a ton.

I just had ADA distract them, hacked the strongest one and then sniped them down. I gave ADA a stealth field to help what appears to be stealth nerfs from the last patch. That probably also made her weaker than she should of been. And in the end it seemed entirely pointless. But I maxed out everything she had with armor and the most powerful damage weapons. A long range laser for her head. A fast firing laser for her left arm. And the ax for her right arm. All were the most powerful armor, damage and etc according to the mods. Sadly I couldn't give her the same super fast firing laser that the enemy robots had. So she was weaker than any of the solid robots in the run through. Honestly she seemed weaker than Dogmeat. Obviously I carried much less. She carries much less. She didn't seem to use grenades I gave her. And she didn't seem nearly as tanky or DPS as you would figure a robot to be.

The last fight was disappointingly easy. It also seemed extremely bugged out. For some reason the timer got messed up when I shot out the spotlights. Thus it kept in an endless loop of sending the eyebots, mines and explosive canisters. I actually had to play the last fight 6 times before the glitches ended. I tested the spotlights 2x it bugged out both times. Apparently the 4 month delay wasn't about eliminating bugs in the DLC.

In the end Jezebel is just a settler for me. I don't know if this is a bug, or she is just intended to be a settler after the Mechanist story. I can still upgrade her at the robot workbench. But I can't use her as a companion now. She is just a settler who whines. Just what I need another Marcy Long (whatever the name) in Sanctuary. Thankfully I can still at least assign Jezebel to the Supply Line and she is now running supplies to the Mechanist lair. Sadly it's not a settlement that will get settlers that I know of.

Prohibited

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:36 am

Ada cannot take on two or more of Mechanist`s elite robots. They are very powerful and I loved fighting them without using new remote hack cheat.

But she and other properly built robot companions are still way more powerful and useful compare to most other old companions.

I love how these robot companions have clean Empty inventory just like dogmeat.

Daramis McGee

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:00 pm

I believe companions don't suffer the damage nerfs and increased damage taken that you do when on harder difficulties, so comparitively the enemies are easier for them.
JUan Martinez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:53 pm

I wonder how overpowered they are with the inspirational perk! And I wonder if it blocks you taking damage from there nukes and missiles! So you could run in grab agro from everyone and let your robot nuke you!
Penny Flame

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:43 pm

Let us hope not. To OP: Git gud--misspelled on purpose.

M!KkI

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:40 pm

The few I made were pretty elite rofl...

Had a flying one with laser machinegun/laser gun combo and it wrecks anything that walks near my base. Hes yellow and was a test to see what I could do.

Ada was rebuilt and kept assaultron like but forgot to add any weapons other than the basic ones it gives her. She still wrecked.

The third I made was named Duracell and hes got a gatling laser on one had and the other is a hand laser, hes the best so far. Also does the mesmotron attack because hes got a brain and can carry something like 300+ pounds lol. This one has thrusters too, and is orange. This guys amazing and replaced dogmeat.

fourth one is a giant *** sentrybot/robobrain combo on tracks, has a minigun/gatling laser combo and that creepy smiley face ( joker face ). Painted him black and sent him to finch farm because that poor family got wrecked by a group of elite supermutants. Imagine their faces when they see that driving up to them haha. :o

Eilidh Brian

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:45 pm

Why people insist on calling this a cheat? All other "control" perks works the same way. Yes it trivialize some encounters because it has a %100 chance to work but in the long run it has a limited use since it doesn't work on synths. Robots are the most rare enemy type in the game (before Automatron) so i don't see a reason to consider this feature as a "bug".

Rude_Bitch_420

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:04 pm

My Ada also has 2 rapid lasers and a robobrain head for the beam and she killed a legendary bloated glowing one in pretty much a second and a half on hard.
J.P loves

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:24 am

I used it too rarely if I am close enough to the target.

It`s not really cheat though. I just put it that way to mock Bethesda ignoring remote hack problem. lol

Ashley Hill

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:09 am

I agree with you that it's not a cheat since it's something the devs did deliberately. I've got to say it seems EXTREMELY over powered to me though. I had used it on my first character when you had to sneak up on robots to use it, and it always felt like a real accomplishment when I managed to hack a sentrybot. I haven't played that character in a long time so when I added it to my current character a couple of days ago I was astounded at how easy it is to use now.

Personally, between the two I preferred it the way it was before. I do think it was a little too difficult back then, but now is way too easy.

What I'd really like would be something in between. Maybe make it so you have to go up to them to plug in but it will work even in combat. That way have to at least run the risk of taking fire.

I'd also like it if the game interface for giving robots commands was the same as the pacify perk. It's much more streamlined from a UI point of view to be able to point at it and give it commands rather than having to go through the hacking interface again.

Oh! I'd also REALLY like it if the key to hack was the same one as to pacify. I'm so used to hitting "E" to take control of something with pacify that I'm often missing hitting the "R" to hack.

Juliet

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:52 pm

On my original point - are people happy with having their robots P-A-W-N everything they come across or are they gonna dumb them down or perhaps not use them as companions?

Don't get me wrong I'm not cranky about it, in fact I'm glad to know I can have the God of Destruction, but I do think I'm gonna dumb him right down because it gets boring real fast just being a spectator.

Think I'll just fit him out with lvl 1 science and gun nut gear and see how that goes. I'll keep the P-A-W-N-E-R-S for the arena.
Abel Vazquez

Return to Fallout 4