Robot work bench

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:12 am

Though I do love the work bench and just being able to customize a robot there is something missing...maybe. So not sure if it is something they didn't include or I just havent seen. But where is the eyebot customization? That was one thing I was excited for but there is seemingly no eyebots. I also have found the eyebot pod schematics in the mechanist's room and have no clue whatsoever to what it's for. Any one know?

Tracey Duncan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:00 pm

No. So far the only robot that is missing is a giddy up buttercup.... With an assaultron laser horn. Powered by liquer and violence.
Eire Charlotta

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:59 am

Yeah I was really after a replacement for E-DE, loved that little guy and his beeping (and his kick-[censored] laser). Hopefully there'll be an update or mod. Still having fun though.

Connor Wing

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:58 am

Replacing ED-E was precisely why I wanted an eyebot but they kinda stiffed us on this one. Question still is though what is the eyebot pod schematics for?

JAY

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:48 pm

Its a settlement building, I didn't test around to much, but it seems to be a station to send out eyebots to gather crafting materials, ammo, etc.
Barbequtie

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Eyebot wouldn't have had much customization tbh, the rest are really diverse in their customization options but an eyebot really wouldn't have worked that well.
Amy Smith

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:49 pm

I'm not pursuing the story until the survival thing comes out and I can create my next character, but I am fooling around with the robot building and stuff. I've found a couple of robot repair kits which have obvious uses, but I haven't seen an option to actually make more kits yet. Did I miss it, or do you have to find them as loot? One would think they would be craftable.

EDIT: Apparently the kits can be constructed at a chem station under 'healing'.

Cheryl Rice

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:16 am

You send them out to scout for a specific material you want, and if they find it, they tag the location on your map so you can go and collect it. I wish they collected the resources themselves, but I guess thats what the scavenger stations are for.

Pat RiMsey

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:09 pm

So.... if you send them out after, for example, aluminum, they're going to give you a map marker for someplace like Corvega that has a lot of aluminum scrap? You've got to go pick up a can or coolant cap or whatever yourself as junk?

Nomee

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:43 pm

Yup, looks that way. The one time I've done it, the mission marker led me to the core of a raider hideout (there was adhesive all over the place) but the marker was in the ceiling. So I'm not sure if this was a glitch or not (there was also half a skeleton hanging out from that ceiling). But other than that, it puts a marker on your map that you have to travel to yourself. Though It is still pretty cool because sometimes you just need some copper, but are low on caps and have no idea where to start looking. After you send them out it takes some time before they report to you saying they found something, so if you are in a pinch, you gotta be patient. You get a notification if it finds something. If a map marker does not appear, go to the quest tab in your Pip-Boy and select the top quest in the miscellaneous section. You also have to repair the pod sometimes.

Love iz not

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:55 pm

If you consider the creativity a team of devs can have it could be pretty cool. Well of course there would be no appendages to add but there would still be weapons and shells.

Benjamin Holz

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:35 am

I mean, how would you expect an eye bot to bring stuff back to you? It's a scout

tiffany Royal

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:32 pm

Can you build robots without doing the DLC quest (mechanist)? Because I planned just like you and I'm waiting for the survival to create a new character to do the quest with. If you can still build robots without completing the quest I'll certainly fire up fo4 right now :D

Miguel

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:47 pm

As soon as you get introduced to Ada at the beginning of the DLC, the new workbench will unlock... you won't have a ton of customization or build options until you go further into it, but if you just want to get started with the basics all you have to do is trigger the mission and do the first part.

Makenna Nomad

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:25 pm

Thanks! I'll go ahead and have a look at the basics with my current characters then :D I presume most other options will require science and/or robotics expert anyway, which I don't have and not planning on getting with my existing characters, so that'll wait for my new character.

Rachael

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:26 am

Has anyone determined whether or not one can create Drinkin' Buddy using this DLC?

I know it is an option in one or two popular robot crafting mods, but those brewery robots only provide settlement advantages, and don't have the option to store/dispense ice cold beverages like the original Drinkin' Buddy can.

Destinyscharm

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:53 am

I doubt it. I haven't played through the whole DLC, but Drinkin Buddy acted as a unique vendor. The robots you can create or modify here strictly use weapons and can just be used for fighting purposes or hauling items... Unless you just want to make a protectron and manually store drinks in it. lol

Steven Hardman

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:51 pm

Well since it was mentioned in my original question what do others think of being able to make an eyebot?

Oh and is there a reason I can't craft mods/items when I have just enough resources to make them?

BRIANNA

Return to Fallout 4