Script: Aiming at NPC causes it to lookcomment to you.

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:24 pm

I have been trying to find the script that causes NPCs to stop moving and turn their head to you and comment to you when aiming a weapon at them. The reason is when in sneak mode, they should NOT be doing this is the player is not "detected" and I want to fix this.

Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:36 am

Your sure there isn't an issue with being detected? Like you have a mod that turns off the detected message?

But anyways ... the script that makes npc's react to the player when they mouse over with weapon drawn is hard coded to a special topic.

"PLAYERINIRONSITES"

So no way to alter that script ... But a game setting maybe ???

And it does look like you can attach additional conditions to each response under this topic per quest it was added to. So a reference condition of the player , IsSneaking with is not equal ( != 1 ) might work.

You'll have to look up the dialogue for any particular npc's you want to change this on. So after you bring up their dialogue ... select the topic of "PLAYERINIRONSITES" and notice what quest the responses reside in. Then open that quest and bring up that topic again. Select each response and add that condition. This should effect every npc that calls to that quest.

Hope that helps ... but check out game settings too.

Kanaoka

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:29 pm

I think I found the issue. It seems when sneaking and your target a NON hostile NPC, they will make the comment to you about aiming at them. If the target is hostile they behave as they should.

мistrєss

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:18 pm

Well ya hostiles wouldn't react to the crosshair for dialogue ... can you imagine if they did?

Its a hardcoded function like this http://geck.gamesas.com/index.php?title=GetCrosshairRef which is added through Fose for modding.

With non hostiles it must bypass any detection going on. So if you wanted them to stop saying it when sneaking ... the fix I mentioned above should work.

:shrug:

Jade Muggeridge

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:37 pm

So bad news...it seems it does it for hostiles also. Lame.

Adam Kriner

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:25 pm

OIC ... I guess that is because they are an npc that can be non hostile if the player's reputation were different for their faction.

I mean't that npc's which are always hostile won't say this ... because they simply don't have that in their dialogue.

Erich Lendermon

Return to Fallout: New Vegas