Scripting Questions

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:20 pm

Now that I've found time enough to do so, I've decided to go back to working on my "comprehensive mod" for TES III: Morrowind, and I seem to have run into a bit of a stumbling block.

I'm trying to write a script for a certain item in a certain area that will react to whatever level a specific skill of the player's is at. Since I know absolutely next to nothing about scripting, I would like to know if any of this is written properly.

Begin itemretrievalshort getskillshort messageOnshort skillcheckshort skilltoolowif ( OnActivate == 1 )     Set skillcheck to 1endifif ( skillcheck == 2 )     if ( player->getskill <= X )          Set skilltoolow to 1          Set messageOn to 1     endif     if (player->getskill => X )          Activate          Set skilltoolow to 0          Set messageOn to 0          Set skillcheck to 0          return     endifendifif ( skilltoolow == 1 )     MessageBox "You need more training."endifif ( skilltoolow == 0 )     MessageBox "With little to no effort, you take this item for your very own."endifend itemretrieval

Lawrence Armijo

Return to III - Morrowind