Scripts on lights for windows during daytime (and mods)

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:01 pm

Mods which reduce light are great for night time, but in the day, often the interiors are still much to dark, as if windows do not exist! As anyone knows, sunlight can brighten an entire room through windows.

When I used the mod "True Lights and Darkness" I did not notice any daylight lights from windows in interiors, contrary to the claims of the mod. It was most noticable in Vivec Cantons, where looking directly up, it was pitch black in the domes, while in reality, it should be illuminated much like Byzantine domes, and light traveling through, it even has two rings of windows. (although, vivec cantons have green windows, so perhaps that might reduce its usefulness)

This leads me to question the mod's scripts, do they actually work?

But I have no idea how to test them or to view scripts (especially in construction set).

---

Also, if anyone else knows of any mods which adds interior lighting to buildings with windows (in the daytime) please let me know.

Farrah Barry

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:55 pm

I just tested it, it works perfectly - the Vivec Canton Plazas are brightly lit during the daytime, and dark at night. The same applies to several other buildings with windows, for example in Pelagiad and Caldera. When I accelerate the timescale I can observe the lights changing at dusk and dawn. So as for whether the scripts actually work - yes, they do. The lights they are attached to are also completely new objects, so there is no way another mod could conflict with them, as far as I can tell. Just to be sure: There are two versions of the mod, one with and one without the scripted interior daylight, are you sure you have the correct one installed? Also, make sure the mod is at the bottom of your load order, so no changes it does to the lighting of any cells are overwritten by other mods (this is mentioned in the readme as well). But that should not affect the scripted daylight.

Also, to be absolutely sure: You are using the English version of Morrowind, right? I am quite certain that you do, but I mention it because if you did not, the cells that are affected by this mod would have different names and so the changes would not be applied to them. That's just how Morrowind works, it identifies cells by their actual names and not a unique ID like in the later games.

To view scripts in the Construction Set go to Gameplay->Edit Scripts and then Script->Open. The scripts in this mod are named in a way that they all appear at the top of the list, so you should see them immediately (they are also marked with a * if the mod is loaded as active). Don't know if this will be of any use to you, though. And as I said, they work.

cosmo valerga

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:04 pm

oh dear... very worrying...

here is loadout:

_001_ Morrowind.esm

_002_ Tribunal.esm

_003_ Bloodmoon.esm

_004_ Morrowind Patch v1.6.6_beta.esm

_005_ Texture Fix 2.0.esm

_006_ Poorly Placed Object Fix 1.2.esm

_007_ Tamriel_Data.esm

_008_ TR_Mainland.esm

_009_ wl_SolstheimOverhaul_v1.esm

_010_ PB_NegativeLightRemover.esp

_011_ gr_ScriptImprovements.esp

_012_ Animated_Morrowind - merged.esp

_013_ Antares Big Mod 7.62.esp

_014_ correctUV Ore Replacer 1.0.esp

_015_ Vurt's Grazelands Trees.ESP

_016_ LGNPC_NoLore.esp

_017_ [Official]Siege at Firemoth.esp

_018_ DB_Attack_Mod.esp

_019_ Nasty Camonna Tong.esp

_020_ Illy's Solstheim Rumour Fix.esp

_021_ PB_GondolierDestinations.esp

_022_ PB_NoRestAldVelothi.esp

_023_ PB_LegionUniforms.esp

_024_ Djangos Dialogue.ESP

_025_ Less_Generic_Bloodmoon.esp

_026_ Less_Generic_Nerevarine.esp

_027_ Less_Generic_Tribunal.esp

_028_ LGNPC_SeydaNeen.esp

_029_ LGNPC_GnaarMok_v1_20.esp

_030_ LGNPC_AldVelothi_v1_20.esp

_031_ LGNPC_MaarGan.esp

_032_ LGNPC_HlaOad.esp

_033_ LGNPC_Aldruhn.esp

_034_ LGNPC_Aldruhn_suppl.esp

_035_ LGNPC_TelMora_v1_30.esp

_036_ LGNPC_Khuul_v2_21.esp

_037_ LGNPC_VivecFQ.esp

_038_ LGNPC_TelUvirith.esp

_039_ LGNPC_SecretMasters_v1_30.esp

_040_ LGNPC_IndarysManor_v1_51.esp

_041_ LGNPC_VivecRedoran.esp

_042_ LGNPC_PaxRedoran_v1_20.esp

_043_ Bloated Caves.esp

_044_ [Official]Master Index.esp

_045_ [Official]Adamantium Armor.esp

_046_ [Official]Helm of Tohan.esp

_047_ Graphic Herbalism.esp

_048_ TR_Preview.esp

_049_ TR_Travels.esp

_050_ Graphic Herbalism TotSP.esp

_051_ BetterClothesForTB.esp

_052_ Westly_Presents_Unique_Winged_Twilights.esp

_053_ Better Clothes_v1.1_nac.esp

_054_ More Better Clothes.ESP

_055_ VoicedVivec.ESP

_056_ YaketyYagrum.ESP

_057_ aru_signs_en.esp

_058_ BetterClothesBloodmoonPlus1.5.esp

_059_ Crossbows.ESP

_060_ Mournhold LOD.ESP

_061_ Vurt's BC Tree Replacer II.ESP

_062_ Graphic Herbalism Extra (Correct UV).esp

_063_ [Official]Entertainers.esp

_064_ [Official]Bitter Coast Sounds.esp

_065_ New Argonian Bodies - Clean.esp

_066_ New Khajiit Bodies - Clean.esp

_067_ Better Morrowind Armor.esp

_068_ Better Morrowind Armor DeFemm®.ESP

_069_ Better Robes.ESP

_070_ Better Robes_v0.3.1 Patch.esp

_071_ UFR_v3dot2.esp

_072_ Illy's Hot Pots.ESP

_073_ DaedricArmor.esp

_074_ RB Altmer Females.ESP

_075_ RB Orcish Females.ESP

_076_ RB Bosmer Females.ESP

_077_ Wey_New_Argonians.ESP

_078_ Robert's Bodies.ESP

_079_ CreeperReplacer.esp

_080_ UFR_v3dot2_Patch.esp

_081_ Talrivian's State-Based HP Mod v.2.2.esp

_082_ True_Lights_And_Darkness_1.1.esp

Yes, I am using english version, also, made sure not to get the nodaylight version esp

I wonder why it would not work!
CRuzIta LUVz grlz

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:11 am

oh it does work, I just tried again

At least it works in Vivec (maybe I was looking up at a bad time? at the edge of when it goes to dark?)

But in random shops, and residences, a lot of them such as in Balmora, or in Seyda Neen (the tradehouse being the most obvious with its tons of windows) didn't seem to do anything

Maybe they didnt add scripts to all windows? Is it just an incomplete mod? Now I wonder if there is a complete one somewhere... I know that The Lighting Mod mentioned on in its readme "Spuzzum's interior daylights" but maybe not compatable with True Lights and Darkness mod, and also it is very old mod and I can't find any information about it or even where to download

edit:

found a download for it here:

http://mw.modhistory.com/download-15-8941

but, I cannot tell if it only makes the WINDOWS light up, or if it also provides light.

Anyway still wonder if those two are the only mods which have these scripts with interior lighting. I heard maybe windows glow has something like this too, but maybe its only changing the look of the window? but besides I had problems with windoors glow so... not keen on using it again

Charlotte Lloyd-Jones

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:03 pm

No, it does not work for all windows, but unless you are using a replacer for them, many windows (for example in Seyda Neen) are closed, so it makes sense that no light comes through. It doesn't make sense that they are closed, of course, but that's a different matter. In buildings like the tavern in Pelagiad or Ghorak Manor in Caldera, the windows are open and daylight can be seen. Balmora doesn't have daylight as well, but again, the windows are small, maybe they don't let in much light. I don't think the mod is incomplete, but the author probably decided not to have the daylight in every building, only those with big, open windows. Of course, it may still be possible that he missed some cells. If you want to have daylight in more buildings, you would have to add it yourself. The scripts are not attached to the windows themselves*, but to newly placed light sources, so you'd have to place some of the pre-configured "daylight"-lights in the cells. You'd just have to test which of them would fit the particular cell and window type the most.

(*they can't, because the windows are defined as statics, which cannot have scripts attached to them. If they could, it would be possible to make windows open and close and possibly spawn the light sources themselves. I am no script expert, but you would probably have to replace every static window in the CS with an activator to make something like that work, and that would at least be as much work as manually placing the light sources. It may be possible to do with MWSE, but I have even less experience with that.)

Charles Weber

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:24 am

It's possible to replace all static windows with light or activator versions just with search and replace in the CS. You'd have to make your own mod, add a closed/night version of the window to the activator tab, and an open/daylight version as a light. Script the light to use placeatme to drop the unlit activator once at night and disable itself until morning. The activator then needs to be scripted to disable/enable at the opposite times. Once you have each made (for each type of window), find the static you want to replace and select it in the search and replace box, and select the light you want to replace it with. Then uncheck the box that says "current cell only" and it will replace every instance of that static in the original game.

Here's an example of scripts I used to do exactly that:

Spoiler
Begin Uvi_Light_Enable_Day_D02_Scr

; Simple script to enable and disable indoor window light

Short doOnce

If ( GameHour < 6 )

If ( GetDisabled == 0 )

Disable

Endif

Elseif ( GameHour > 20 )

If ( GetDisabled == 0 )

Disable

Endif

Elseif ( GetDisabled )

Enable

Endif

If ( doOnce == 0 )

PlaceAtMe uvi_t_dormer_02_in_nightact 1 0 0

Set doOnce to 1

Endif

End

And this is the one on the unlit activator version:

Spoiler
Begin Uvi_Light_Disable_Day_Scr

; Simple script to enable and disable unlit dormer in interior

If ( GameHour < 6 )

If ( GetDisabled )

Enable

Endif

Elseif ( GameHour > 20 )

If ( GetDisabled )

Enable

Endif

Elseif ( GetDisabled == 0 )

Disable

Endif

End

It's still a bit of work, because you'd have to do this for every type of interior window, but you don't have to replace them all one-by-one or cell-by-cell. Discovering that unchecking one little box replaces everything was the best kept secret of the CS I've discovered in years.

Ashley Clifft

Return to III - Morrowind