[WIP] SDR - Sneaking Detection Recalibrated - series 9 (#2)

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:00 am

=========== SDR - Sneaking Detection Recalibrated ============

This mod completely rewrites how sneaking/detection works.

The previous version (series 8) was extremely buggy (my apologies). The new series 9 version is currently in Beta test, and hopefully will be moving into the Release Candidate phase soon. The new version in my opinion is already better than previous versions, there are just some wrinkles that need to be worked out such as finding the right balance to game setting multipliers and such.

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1598282-wip-sdr-sneaking-detection-recalibrated-series-9-1/.

=========== Want to test out the new version? ============

I have built a brand new website to support the new series. You can find out more about the new Beta version and what you can expect here: http://sdr.saebel.net/betatest

Make sure you read all the information carefully before you decide to go for it.

Current Build: Beta, 8342

Build Date: July 8, 2016

Full change log is here:http://sdr.saebel.net/betalog

What's left in the Beta stage:

- Fixing Reported Bugs (if any)

- Reviewing how new changes to AI Behavior / Alert calculations feel/work.

- Updating the Dynamic Night Eye feature to work with next incarnation of Oblivion Reloaded (I am waiting on Alenet for that).

- Reviewing how the new fresh kills, near misses, combat shouts, and following guards work.

- Reviewing the game setting values that determine the detection formula results.

Seriously, test test test!

:flamethrower:

=========================
A note regarding the Dynamic Night-Eye feature:

One of the current challenges I have had is coming up with a good replacement shader for the Night Eye visual effect. I've been experimenting a lot and I finally have something that's ready for review. You can find out all about it here: http://sdr.saebel.net/shaders

The page not only goes into detail about the set up, but it also includes links to download tools and resources so that you can preview the shader itself or mess around and create your own. This page is going to be part of the overall product/solution, so feedback will be most welcome. Personally, I think in darker areas it's got too much of a blue tint for my liking, but I haven't figured out how to fix that yet.

=========================
Regarding availability:

Unfortunately progress will be slow for awhile because I have to make a living. But I will work on it when I can.

Natasha Biss

Post » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:47 pm

A summing up of the most current concerns/issues/to do list:

1. Up until version 8342, the SDR detection formula was not being used at all due to an error on my part as to when the detection formula was hooked out of the game. That has been corrected. However, all the default game settings that impact the results of the detection formula could be significantly off. I will try to address those in the near future as soon as I have time. I sincerely apologize for that.

2. The new features regarding fresh kills, near misses, combat shouts, and following guards could use some solid testing. For fresh kills, there are certain scenarios that don't feel right. For example, the Forlorn Watchman is supposed to be a ghost, but reacts to fresh kills as if he were a living person and under a possible threat. That doesn't make sense. He should pretty much completely ignore his surroundings.

3. Folks have been having trouble with the installation procedures. Because SDR is so complicated, those procedures are necessarily complicated, unfortunately. I am working with the Wrye Bash team to see if there are things that can be done about that. I have no idea what the challenges will be when working with Oblivion Mod Manager. That remains to be seen.

4. The dynamic night eye shader is okay, but not perfect. I wish that darker areas weren't so blue. Also, only the fixed Switch Night Eye Shader plugin version is available. I am still waiting on Alenet to provide support for a much more flexible version that would allow users to change the settings themselves to adjust the effect to taste. The fixed version cannot be modified.

5. I need to update a number of pages on the website.

6. I need to update SDR OBME additions to be compatible with the new version.

That's all I can think of for now. I will update this post as things change.

Nadia Nad

Return to IV - Oblivion