Seler Favelnim is not in Raven Rock bar

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:58 am

Doing this quest: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Bloodmoon:Bar_Brawl

So, I go into the bar, check to see Seler standing there. Then I talk to Falco to get the quest. I proceed to the bar, have a chat with his wife outside, and open the door. Seler is gone. I can quit MW, reload, try again.... Still not there. For some reason, my tilde is not bringing up a console, either.... any thoughts on where this guy is disappearing to? Or my tilde key? This is the first bug I've experienced in months....

[edit]

Crimeny, in my haste, I broke forum rule # 1: search first. I see there's a couple threads on this topic already... so.... nevermind I guess. I'll read up in the morning. :angel:
Stryke Force

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Are you using Version 1.6.4 or 1.6.5b of the Patch Project?
Quorn accidentally broke that quest in those version.
If so, I would suggest installing the edited version that BTB has done. http://btb2.free.fr/morrowind.html

Be sure to Update/Repair your Save with Wrye Mash, or the quest will likely remain broken.

Your tilde key not working is likely because you're using Vista or Win7, right?
You can http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/781497-vistawindows-7-problems/page__p__11389133#entry11389133 But there seem to be other problems too. (You might have an international keyboard)
An easy fix, is to just use a macro with MGE, so you can bind the console to the key of your choice.
FLYBOYLEAK

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:28 am

There's also another issue with the tide key in Vista (Not sure if it's any other OS) but check in Device Manager, and if you have "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" ,under Human Interface Devices, uninstall that and it should work again (It will re-install on restart). I actually think this issue is if you're using a wireless USB mouse. :)

I can't help with the other part, but if you get your tide key working again, you could use the command console to get the correct journal entries to complete the quest.
Anne marie

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:31 am

Are you using Version 1.6.4 or 1.6.5b of the Patch Project?
Quorn accidentally broke that quest in those version.
If so, I would suggest installing the edited version that BTB has done. http://btb2.free.fr/morrowind.html

Be sure to Update/Repair your Save with Wrye Mash, or the quest will likely remain broken.

I downloaded, copied the BTB esm, deactivated the original 1.6.5b in my Data Files list and activated the BTB file.... But I noticed the BTB file is timestamped one hour later than the original. 1.6.5b is 7/7/2003 2:30pm, and BTB's file is 7/7/2003 3:30PM. It therefore appears below the Bloodmoon.esm file in my Data Files list. Is this OK? No big deal? Should I edit the timestamp to make it 2:30?

Out of curiosity, I just loaded up my save game without Wrye Mashing it (it was from before I started the quest), and other than the "Your save game does not match the current settings blah blah blah", everything seemed to work fine. Seler was actually in the bar. Sweet! Should I Wrye Mash anyway?
Hannah Whitlock

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:10 am

It's good that it's below Bloodmoon. (it should be anyways)

That warning is harmless, but it is a good habit to always Update then Repair your save file when changing mods mid-game.

Glad it all worked out for you.
Elizabeth Davis

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Glad it all worked out for you.

Well, it worked out thanks to folks like you, Pluto! :foodndrink:

I remember getting paranoid about my saves after reading up on Wrye Mash... I have the UMP, MCP, better bodies, better heads, better clothes, but no content adders. I eventually installed Wrye, but it didn't find anything wrong with my saves. Kind of anticlimactic. Wrye is not currently installed on my computer, so I'll probably just cross my fingers and hope for the best until I start a new character. This fellow is quite close to retirement anyway....

Regardless - thanks for your help!
leigh stewart

Return to III - Morrowind