Shadowmere spawn bug?

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi there,

yesterday i encountered a strange bug. After receiving the Quest to obtain Shadowmere from the Dark Brotherhood, i went to the bubbling black pool, the sound played but the damn horse didn't spawn. I tried it with differernt savegames and even a new installation but nothing helped.. only way was to "cheat" shadowmere to me via console. Anyone knows any fix or a reason for this bug?

and sry for spelling issues.. english is not my native tongue.
Elena Alina

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 9:21 pm

SHould just come out the pool providing you were given it by the leader of the darkbrotherhood.
Monique Cameron

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 10:12 pm

yeah it should, but it doesn't ^.^
carla

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 4:25 pm

no ideas? :/
Sarah MacLeod

Post » Tue May 29, 2012 2:32 am

Have this same problem and is driving me insane. Anyone have any ideas on this issue please?
Dezzeh

Post » Tue May 29, 2012 1:06 am

Hi there,

yesterday i encountered a strange bug. After receiving the Quest to obtain Shadowmere from the Dark Brotherhood, i went to the bubbling black pool, the sound played but the damn horse didn't spawn. I tried it with differernt savegames and even a new installation but nothing helped.. only way was to "cheat" shadowmere to me via console. Anyone knows any fix or a reason for this bug?

and sry for spelling issues.. english is not my native tongue.

"■On occasion, when you are standing in front of the pool from which Shadowmere is supposed to spawn during The Cure For Madness, you will hear Shadowmere rising out of the pool and then neighing, but he will not actually rise from the pool, effectively making him impossible to ride or otherwise be unable to ride as he will be trapped. However, Shadowmere wasn't actually prevented from spawning; the scripted event that makes him rise from the ground never occurred. So a good fix for this would be to wait until the quest Death Incarnate when there are enemies near the pool and bring one of them close to Shadowmere. With luck, the enemy you are fighting will lure Shadowmere out of the area he is trapped in and you will be able to climb on his back and then ride him whenever you wish."

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowmere
Jennifer Munroe

Post » Tue May 29, 2012 5:06 am

"■On occasion, when you are standing in front of the pool from which Shadowmere is supposed to spawn during The Cure For Madness, you will hear Shadowmere rising out of the pool and then neighing, but he will not actually rise from the pool, effectively making him impossible to ride or otherwise be unable to ride as he will be trapped. However, Shadowmere wasn't actually prevented from spawning; the scripted event that makes him rise from the ground never occurred. So a good fix for this would be to wait until the quest Death Incarnate when there are enemies near the pool and bring one of them close to Shadowmere. With luck, the enemy you are fighting will lure Shadowmere out of the area he is trapped in and you will be able to climb on his back and then ride him whenever you wish."

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowmere

yes I know i have researched this, and tried all the suggestions suggested on wiki and none of it has worked =)
Rex Help

Post » Tue May 29, 2012 3:04 am

yes I know i have researched this, and tried all the suggestions suggested on wiki and none of it has worked =)

Ok, when all else fails you can try a console command . . .

player.placeatme 0009CCD7

That will place him right on top of you.
Chris Guerin

Post » Tue May 29, 2012 4:03 am

~
PRID 9CCD8
moveto player
~

I think that's correct....not positive though.

Edit: Ah, looks like Waen's got it.
Eilidh Brian

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 11:56 pm

~
PRID 9CCD8
moveto player
~

I think that's correct....not positive though.

Edit: Ah, looks like Waen's got it.

All else failed and this did work. I appreciate it guys. Thank you.
Jack Bryan

Post » Tue May 29, 2012 1:00 am

All else failed and this did work. I appreciate it guys. Thank you.

I had the same problem awhile back, I had it written down.

Glad it worked out, have fun!
Shelby Huffman

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 10:11 pm

I could not get shadowmere to come out even with luring the enemies to the pool during Death Incarnate Sequence. Is there any other way to get the Horse to come out after this mission has already passed? I personally think this is the only horse worth having in this game.

Let me knowplease, any advice would be greatly appreciated..
~Sylvia~

Return to V - Skyrim