I'm a sick, sick FO3 player

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:48 pm

I'm posting under heavy medication for my fever, so if I start to sound incoherent, I apologize.

I also apologize for the fact that under such heavy medication and fever, I am apparently am a very evil person.

In bed, I was watching a video about a very evil event during WWII (any more and I'm inviting the banhammer), and, suffice it to say, I had the urge to re-enact that in my FO3 game as the instigator.

It wasnt the "heck I should do that for lulz" kind of thing, it was the deeper sense of "cool!" or "Epic!" urge...

I was already booting up the GECK when I realized what i was doing. I realized what kind of sick bastard I was being...

Is it the fever and medication talking or am I really this sick a bastard? And why did I think of opening up the GECK first thing?
Lilit Ager

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:58 pm

I'm posting under heavy medication for my fever, so if I start to sound incoherent, I apologize.

I also apologize for the fact that under such heavy medication and fever, I am apparently am a very evil person.

In bed, I was watching a video about a very evil event during WWII (any more and I'm inviting the banhammer), and, suffice it to say, I had the urge to re-enact that in my FO3 game as the instigator.

It wasnt the "heck I should do that for lulz" kind of thing, it was the deeper sense of "cool!" or "Epic!" urge...

I was already booting up the GECK when I realized what i was doing. I realized what kind of sick bastard I was being...

Is it the fever and medication talking or am I really this sick a bastard? And why did I think of opening up the GECK first thing?

Only advice is to not watch the WWll thing again and stay away from Fallout 3 until you lose the fever.
Alexx Peace

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:46 pm

You should probably seek counseling. Hopefully you don't live near me.
Lizzie

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:52 pm

At any rate I don't believe this is something you should be discussing on an internet forum.
daniel royle

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:34 pm

Well, granted I've never been able to make myself dip lower than 200-300 negative karma in any of my games, with me even trying (and failing, obviously) to be evil.

then this.

Guess that shows that my flu medication must be seriously strong and/or I'm evil inside. I'm hoping its the medication with the fever.
Breautiful

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:31 pm

You wanted to add a bit of flavor to the bland wasteland. What's so wrong with that?
Harry Hearing

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:02 pm

Thankfully Fallout can never capture the monstrous horrors that real life can provide.
Bee Baby

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:25 pm

What's wrong with that? :confused:
I can conduct genocide in this game without any regrets and that is because this is a video game and I act by it.

You should lay off the medicine. They are clearly clouding your objectivity.
Lucy

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:39 pm

Video games are where you escape the real world; no one's going to bother you if you want to do something nastier than you would in real life.

Personally, I rarely play evil characters in games - but I also take no shame when I do.
Quick Draw

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:44 pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you start to feel joy out of lighting kittens on fire or some such thing. This is a game after all. Its pure fantasy. If you watch enough movies, you'd see this sort of thing all the time. EX: Saw 6. Six!? They made 5 sequals of a gore movie like that? There must be a market for it. And at least one person (if not many many more) had to think them up.
Red Bevinz

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:36 am

At any rate I don't believe this is something you should be discussing on an internet forum.

I'll have to agree with this poster.......Honestly and I am in no means trying to be mean but there are too many people posting stuff like this here. Way too many postings about emotional and personal problems on a forum for gamers not psychiatry especially in the Community Discussion
section.
Richard Dixon

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:57 pm

I don't recall there being any zyklon-b in F3.
jess hughes

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:03 am

A high fever can make people think weird things. Last time I had one I was at about 101 with pneumonia (being pregnant comes with fun perks like that) and I can't believe the stupid crap that kept spewing from my mouth. I thought I was making intelligent conversation. I was clued in that this was not the case when people looked at me oddly and just laughed at me. Depending on what medication you're taking that may also be affecting your intelligence at the moment. Something as simple as Nyquil can turn people into slobbering piles of gibberish that can't complete a coherent thought if they're already physically ill enough.
R.I.p MOmmy

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:55 am

Community Discussion move is in order, I think.
Kelsey Hall

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:10 am

Community Discussion move is in order, I think.

No. I don't think this is a good topic to pursue.
I’m my own

Return to Fallout 3