Sign Here if you still haven't finished the story...

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:53 am

I have 2 active characters, level 62 and 30-something; my original character (the one where I did every possible thing wrong in character creation) is in retirement at level 26. I've been playing alternating characters for about 8 weeks now, and I just completed "The Molecular Level".

Something tells me I'm not even halfway through the story; yet, I keep stalling. First, because I'm having too much fun just exploring exotic places, meeting and killing interesting new people; second, because I'm afraid that if I finish too soon, I'll cut off some avenue of the story before I want to, and have to repeat the whole damn thing again with yet another character in order to explore that.

How many here are still just exploring the Commonwealth, without finishing the story?

Sakura Haruno

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:28 pm

i haven't finished it

lucile

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:13 pm

I expect to finish sometime around next December, maybe. Having too much fun exploring, building, rebuilding. Expect to play every faction as far as possible.
Abi Emily

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:01 am

I'm finally in the process of finishing the main quest. Not there yet. I was just about ready to do it last week when the dlc came out and I've been enjoying that. I generally really take my time with these open world games. I want to finish it this week and then perhaps start another character. I'm usually even slower , I never quite finished Sky rim or Dragon age Inquisition. Maybe it's those games though because I've finished most other games.
Veronica Flores

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:40 pm

I finally don't feel so alone lol just hit level 60 and only just shot cereal in the face. Really only did that so a few of the faction related things happened. I guess Nick is still waiting for me to meet him to continue looking for my son? Ahh that's right, I'm meant to be finding my son, old what's his name? Hardly progressed any faction other than MM to build my Empire/Dictatorship of prison farms, slums and drug labs but leaning towards BOS (maybe?) I've just been building stuff, walking for miles looking for "stuff to see and do" and just generally faffing about. I've never played a game where I waste so much time doing nothing and still have fun. Now I'm stuck building robots. Soon it'll be capturing raiders to feed to the wild creatures that I'll have to capture. But first I'll need an arena.......hold on son, I'll get around to finding you one day!
Sista Sila

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:16 am

I'm currently on The Molecular Level. I was all set to start my journey and follow the Freedom Trail a week ago, but then encountered the Swan. After scraping past him and clearing out the raiders and mutants from the area, I stumbled into the Massachusetts State House. A few hours later I left that godforsaken place and totally forgot about the Main Quest. After then exploring Hubris Comics I left the area and haven't been back.

Hannah Barnard

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:23 am

I am yet to get all the way to the end either, I have come close but not all the way, I just can't help starting different characters when I get bored of wandering with my current one.

Chloe Yarnall

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Hehehe... level 92 and STILL haven't finished it. I'm at the point now where I have to choose a side (The Molecular Level).
Emily Shackleton

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:08 pm

yep still have not finished, savoring slow level up, exploration and restarting with new builds. Never even seen the institute "if" it actually exists.

clelia vega

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:51 am

Raises hand. I'm on my second play through of the game and haven't done any main quest stuff.

I never beat Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim, Fallout 3 or New Vegas either. I just kind of wander around and do my own thing.

Cat Haines

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:52 am

I'm on my fourth character above 25, and I have yet to visit the Institute. :) The open world is just too much fun, and I love building.

Danii Brown

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:23 pm

I've Been putting off as much of the main story for a long as I've could, by means of Settlements as a distraction. The furthest I got into the story when I started playing back in December was to Concord, all so I could Start the Minutemen Settlement quests so I could unlock more settlements, but most of my time has been Spent building a mega city in Sanctuary on Xbox one, every now and again I would go out and do a few mission or go out to find the picket fence mags to get more Items to build with. Eventually I stopped with the settlements because out of the 80 level ups I've gone through with this character 65 of those was from building my settlement, so by the time I got to really getting Into the story I was level 65. I'm now at the part of "The Molecular Level" quest where I need to teleport to the Institute for the first time, but by that point I was level 70 and had read that once there I'd be on the final part to the main quest of finding my son, so I have left that quest alone and now 10 level ups later I still haven't gone there yet. I even finished Automatron before finishing the main quest line. I have always ignored the main quest line for big as I could In all of Bethesda open world games so to make them last longer.

Leah

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:20 pm

Lvl 205. Not finished the main story/faction choice.

Dean Brown

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:23 am

Level 47 after 240 hours on only one character and I still have a lot to to before even thinking about finishing main story.

Amber Ably

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:08 pm

I have not finished yet and I doubt I ever will finish it. I do not play Bethesda's game for the main story or quests. Only one Bethesda game I have finished the main quest and that was Fallout 3 before Broken Steel was released. I have not finished Broken Steel. I rarely even touch the DLC's of Bethesda's games, I still have them just in case. I put in thousands of hours into Bethesda's games and will continue to do so.

In Fallout 4 I have not even saved Nick yet on either the Xbox One or PC and for the most part I have just been in the North West section of the map and I still have a lot to explore there.

Jonathan Braz

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:14 am

going on 900 hours and still haven't finished the story...still have tons of other quest as well.

Connie Thomas

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:17 pm

What other quests...?

I am just curious...

Soph

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:27 am

Highest level character I have is 46 and I haven't beat the main story with any of my characters. The furthest I got to was the Institute, but the rest of my characters have just hung around before you need to go to the Glowing Sea. I swear, I will see it through one day! Even though I know I can keep playing and questing after the main story, the decision you can make at the end just feels so...finalistic. I'm not ready to put a nail in the coffin, so to speak...

Mrs Pooh

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:57 pm

LOL- there's a story?

I'm quite content with the whole thing once you get to the point where you can get all the factional companions' perks, ballistic weave, and the BOS is routinely dropping dead guys in full T-60 powerarmor out of the sky.

Trent Theriot

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:14 pm

I have beaten the main quest(s), but I also absolutely feel your pain.

Without trying to spoil anything for anyone who may not know the outcomes yet, all I will say is this:

I love this game, with the one exception; how you have to go about getting to the end game.

In all honesty, that's the ONLY part of this game I was disappointed in. I invest alot of time in Bethesda games exploring and becoming friendly with as many factions as possible, and all on purpose, not by mistake. Hours upon hours running quests for factions that I enjoy working with. If I don't favor any certain group or faction, I have nothing to do with them. I'll try to sever ties diplomatically if possible, but if I have to eliminate or greatly diminish a faction, I will do what has to be done.

In summation, depending on your preferred play style, you put alot of time and effort into running faction quests, so the way it all plays out really more so felt for me as if I was cutting off my nose to spite my face, and that legitimately bummed me out.

Some may call it cheating, but to circumvent this, I maintained a safe save that I made just prior to the story lines forcing you to pick what direction you were going in, as well as a few different saves (just in case) immediately after completing the main quest(s). In doing so, I don't have any collected loot, caps, levels, or level perks that I gained in finishing the game. That's a necessary evil and trade-off that I felt was more than fair.

Yung Prince

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:37 am

You're confusing "story" with "main quest." The story doesn't end until you choose to end it.

Talitha Kukk

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:25 pm

Level 82, 330 hours in. Still haven't done Dangerous Minds (but probably will soon so I can do Nick Valentine's quest and ditch these Eddie Winter Holotapes).

I spend my time exploring and building.

StunnaLiike FiiFii

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:06 am

heh I completed the BOS main quest with one character, but kinda felt like I betrayed everyone in the commonwealth. So I can't really play that character anymore. just get that sad feeling every time I try. so I am waiting till everything drops(all dlc's and modding). I am playing another character, but not all that serious. the games starting to bore me so I am taking a break playing other games.

Lewis Morel

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:00 am

Here I was feeling bad having a level 70 character that hasn't finished the main quest. I wanted to finish it before the DLC was released but I always get sidetracked. Once I do I will start a whole new character because there is so much I have missed.
Dean Brown

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:50 am

While my first character did, I've decided that my second character will not. It makes more sense to avoid the final quest from each faction, IMO. The world is a much more interesting place.

His Bella

Next

Return to Fallout 4