SKSE Install

Post » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Okay, so I cannot install it. Every time I open the .exe it says "Couldn't find TESV.exe" Is there something I'm missing? I'm trying to get TESVAL to work, but all there is in that download is a dinput8.dll program in it. Sorry if I seem stupid, I'm not used to having to install stuff like this, etc. Can I get a step by step?
I love YOu

Post » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:05 pm

It sounds like you haven't put the files where they need to be. i copied the following from the included read me-file...

1. Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Skyrim directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\. If you see files named TESV and SkyrimLauncher, this is the correct folder. Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.

2. Copy the .pex files in Data\Scripts\ into the Data\Scripts\ folder of your installation. The .pex files are needed by all users of SKSE.

3. Copy the .psc files in Data\Scripts\Source\ into the Data\Scripts\Source\ folder of your installation. The .psc files are only needed if you have the CreationKit installed and intend to create or compile Papyrus scripts.

4. Launch the game via running skse_loader.exe.

If you use a desktop shortcut to launch Skyrim normally, just update the shortcut to point to skse_loader.exe instead of TESV.exe or SkyrimLauncher.exe.
Red Bevinz

Post » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:39 am

See http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1400450-wipz-skyrim-script-extender/
Olga Xx

Post » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:43 pm

TESVAL is also now outdated. Bethesda enabled compiler optimizations for their release build, negating its benefits.
James Shaw

Return to V - Skyrim