Skyrim Conspiracy Theory!

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:30 am

even if some of the details are off, with what is being speculated, this sounds like it can be the basis for the most epic DLC to ever grace a game!
Chris Johnston

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Hmmm. I *thought* I remembered somewhere that the dwemer degenerated into the falmer....
Undisclosed Desires

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:30 am

Hmmm. I *thought* I remembered somewhere that the dwemer degenerated into the falmer....

No.
Wayne Cole

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:55 pm

Well, not exactly though http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dwemer

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Falmer
SWagg KId

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:03 pm

No mention yet of a grassy knoll, so . . .
Cesar Gomez

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:22 am

Well, not exactly though http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dwemer

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Falmer

Ah.... that would be it - I didn't remember the specifics....
Adrian Morales

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:34 pm

ok, this is pretty complex. I have to think that they put this stuff in, and that a DLC will deal with it.

I think I already have 3 bug jars.

gotta get em all!
Charlotte Buckley

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:55 pm

I don't know if anyone has seen this, but I was reading on it and it blew my mind. I did a search, but could not find any topics about it here...The original topic can be found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/nklj2/you_know_those_runes_on_the_lids_of_the_bug_jars/?sort=top

Taken from the first post:

There are posts below it in the topic, but that is the bulk of the idea. Pretty cool stuff!

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1321279-epic-mystery-runes/page__p__19862403#entry19862403
jesse villaneda

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:04 pm

The snow-elves were the ones that degenerated into the falmer. The dwemer supposedly disappeared when the dwemer used Kagrenac's tools on the heart of Lorkhan.
Ray

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:43 pm

This is pretty damn awesome. I hope it somehow links back the dwemer's mysterious dissapearance, the reveal of snow elves, and what happened to arniel.
Lawrence Armijo

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Bugs...bugs in jars.....jars hold jelly......jelly is sticky.....sticky rhymes with mickey....mickey was a mouse....mice love cheese.....cheese comes from milk.....cows make milk...milk can turn sour.....sour patch kids.....candy.....candy is sweet.....sweets rot your teeth.....teeth are in your mouth.....replace the u in mouth with n and it spells month....month has 5 letters.....dragon has 5 letters....wait a minute. Guyz I figured out the mystery.

The thalmor are actually the dwemers in hiding.

Mystery solved. Your all welcome.
hannaH

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:29 pm

dammit i know if Bethesda didnt do anythign for this and its just random............i know thye gonna get a team working on how to pull something outta this.
teeny

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:19 am

[[In case y'all didn't notice, itsgrady is a party pooper....]]

Really, guy. No one's hurting anything even a teensy bit important by posting about the mystery here.
.X chantelle .x Smith

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:52 pm

[[In case y'all didn't notice, itsgrady is a party pooper....]]

Really, guy. No one's hurting anything even a teensy bit important by posting about the mystery here.

Aren't you the least bit concerned thay people are focusing on the mystery being entirely based on these markings being runes? You know, givrn the fact that they aren't runes?

Lol whatever your right. Have fun guys. I'm sure the conspiracy theories will onlu get more nonsensicle from here. But if yoi guys wanna Chase the wrong mystery or the mystery some crazy person made up, its wrong for me tp try and.stop you.
Laura Simmonds

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:07 pm

Aren't you the least bit concerned thay people are focusing on the mystery being entirely based on these markings being runes? You know, givrn the fact that they aren't runes?

Lol whatever your right. Have fun guys. I'm sure the conspiracy theories will onlu get more nonsensicle from here. But if yoi guys wanna Chase the wrong mystery or the mystery some crazy person made up, its wrong for me tp try and.stop you.

You're right: it is wrong of you. We're all admitting it may not end up being real so why not let us have our fun? Oh and before you act all high and mighty, you may want to check your spelling.
Sanctum

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:38 pm

You're right: it is wrong of you. We're all admitting it may not end up being real so why not let us have our fun? Oh and before you act all high and mighty, you may want to check your spelling.

Good story bro
Laurenn Doylee

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:55 pm

This reminds of the wild goose chase people went on after the first Fable got released. I can't remember exactly what it was that we were all trying to find, but the guy who started it all was a freakin' pro at creating intrigue. Eventually it turned out to be utter crap. So, while part of me thinks this could be way cool, the other part of me is thinking, "Here we go again..."

Peter
Ruben Bernal

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:22 pm

This reminds of the wild goose chase people went on after the first Fable got released. I can't remember exactly what it was that we were all trying to find, but the guy who started it all was a freakin' pro at creating intrigue. Eventually it turned out to be utter crap. So, while part of me thinks this could be way cool, the other part of me is thinking, "Here we go again..."

Peter
The singing sword....
Jade MacSpade

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:48 pm

Okay guys, you have to hear this. I've read through it all, the whole conspiracy, and I've come to one main single conclusion. Parrthurnax and the Greybeards are basically the last line of defense that keep mankind bound to Mundus. By allowing the Thalmor to eradicate Parrthurnax and the Greybeards, they would then have access to the stone that binds Snow-Throat (The Throat of the World) to the world, and Snow-Throat may be the last of the eight towers that essentially hold up reality.

What does all of this mean? The Blades are essentially The Bane of Mankind. If you listen to the Blades and kill Parrthurnax, you, The Dragonborn, that is supposedly prophesied to save mankind, are essentially dooming it all over again. The Blades, and potentially the Last known Dragonborn, are indirectly and unknowingly threatening the survival of mankind. The Thalmor hate and hunt down members of The Blades, while the whole time they were helping them without even realizing it.

The Blades are unknowing Agents of the Thalmor.

Not quite but close. Talos is the force that's holding back the end of the world. The thalmor dealt a pretty huge blow against him with the concordat. Enough that alduin was able to stabalize in time again.

Well, another thing that I was enlightened to while reading through all of these conspiracies is the Dwemer's mysterious disappearance. I found out that the Dwemer may have been banished from Nirn the same way that Alduin was defeated by the original heroes. What does this mean? The Dwemer are bound to return at some point in the future, and the same way that Alduin has returned now.

So maybe in a future Elder Scrolls game, perhaps sometime in the Fifth Era, we might have a game that is actually based on the Dwemer and their return, which would be mind-blowingly amazing. There is so much untapped lore in this game it's astounding. It's like we are reading The Elder Scrolls.

Spoilers here so read on at own peril

Spoiler
A dev confirmed a while back(Before oblivion even) that when the dwemer tapped the heart of Lorkhan, they were attempting to uncreate themselves into the Brass God, Numidium. They succeeded in that goal. The only problem was, it didn't work as intended and numidium never really turned on.

So yeah, that's where the dwarves went. They turned into a shiny stompy robot that they had no control over. Quite a terrible fate.
Madeleine Rose Walsh

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:20 pm

The runes on the bee one translate to GIANT/THOR-HAIL-NEED

The runes on the butterfly one translate to JOY-ICE-SORROW

The runes on the dragonfly one translate to NEED-HORSE-LAKE.

The runes on the moth one translate to DAY-NEED.

The runes on the torchbug one translate to YEW TREE-HORSE-HAIL-NEED.

So, using all the first letters in those words... GTHN JIS NHL DN YTHHN. Ran them through a substitution cypher solver and comes up with some interesting solutions...

UPON THE NOW IN SPOON
FROM THE MON AM GROOM
PRES AND SET IS FREES
UPON THE NOW AN SPOON
FROM THE MON AM BROOM
UPON HAD NOT IN SPOON
PRES YOU SET IS FREES
UPON THE NOR IN SPOON
UPON HAD NOW IN SPOON
PRES AND SET US FREES
Ladymorphine

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:29 pm

That was....confusing. What do you think that means, if anything? That was translated from the runes? What about the other translation?
James Shaw

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:01 am

I'm surprised you all are just now talking about this. UESP jumped on first chance they got. From the jist of it, on top of yelling at me for ruining their fun because I simply told them they can't figure out the language and the guy at reddit could be making it all up for all I care because no one has placed an official language translation for it, the topic winded down to:

1) A way to obliterate the Thalmor once and for all
2) A way to ride a dragon
3) A way to turn into a dragon
4) A way to bring back the Dwemer
5) A way to turn the Falmer back to their snow elven selves
6) Doomsday, the end times because Alduin wasn't enough

And there are more ridiculous theories out there as well. http://forums.uesp.net/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27790 If your intersted.
Anna Krzyzanowska

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:20 am

This is all going over my head. Can somebody tell me in layman's terms what the heck people are talking about?
SHAWNNA-KAY

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:54 am

This is all going over my head. Can somebody tell me in layman's terms what the heck people are talking about?

In the game you find 5 different species of bugs in glass jars. If you take them and then come back later those bugs will respawn.
They are part of an unmarked sidequest to collect all of them and store in your house.
However each jar has a symbol on the opposite side of the lid to which you can't clearly see unless you place the jar upside down.

It has begun a disturbingly crazy conspiracy theory with alot of people who want to prove themselves right and the only thing I see it leading to is the the Dive Rock conspiracy started on this very forum back in 2006.

That conspiracy consited of someone making a forum post and convincing every stupid weak-willed person that if you stood on top of Dive Rock in Oblivion and delete all of your saves them Jump/fall/walk off dive rock then Akatosh himself would come save you. Apparently 90% of the forum decided to try this because they were eager to ride a dragon ((honestly since Drakkan the Ancient's Gate I don't recall a game where you can actually ride a dragon outside of a cutscene like in SKyrim))

Then when they realized they perma killed their character after taking that stupid leap of faith, they came here and started yelling at the moderators and the people that designed the game. It got so bad that moderators began to ban anyone for even mentioning such a thing.

THIS conspiracy though people have suggested that blood is needed and that the cities are strategically placed in a devilish pentagon. And then some people are convincing others that you need to go from town to town and city to city and start killing a massive wave of people.

It's stupid.
Charlie Ramsden

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Oh don't be silly, uno. It's harmless. People like to have stuff to talk about that's NOT spoilers etc. And many of those who did the Dive Rock thing but failed to copy their save games somewhere deserved exactly what they got....
Sarah MacLeod

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim