Skyrim PS3 Save help

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi

Could someone help me (on behalf of my daughter) on Skyrim PS3 please.

We cannot seem to create a new save on the console. We can load an old save up OK and see our character etc. but when we save progress (including manual save) and switch off, the next time we load we have lost the latest progress. We have tested this twice and I'm sure she is saving OK (she's played it for years and knows what she's doing)

One thing looks odd - the latest save available in Game Save data doesn't show up as available in the game itself, i.e. in Game Save data I see saves dated 11/11/2014, 9/8/2014 but in Skyrim itself i can't see the 11/11/2014 save.

Could this be the problem, could it be corrupt? and if so, would that stop me creating a new save?

Suggestions please? I know my way around settings / game data / save data but other than that I'm sorry but I might need it in reasonably simple terms.

Cheers.

Miss Hayley

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:03 am

Usually what happens is the game won't launch if the most recent save is corrupted as it can't render the screen shot. Although a prior save that is corrupted will not be loadable or viewable for the same reasons.

Try this, move or archive all the saves and start a new character and then save it as soon as you can (which is fairly early on) and then see if you can see that save. If not, you may have a profile issue with the PS3. IF you can see the new save, add back one of the saves that you moved and see if the game can see it. If your successful, add them back one at a time until it breaks.

In the future, just remember you can't have too many save slots. I never overwrite a slot more than 10 times, and I tend to use 5 to 10 slots and cycle through them as I go along. YOu can always delete them later. And, turn off the Autosave features, all of them. Manual saves are much better.

Kelly Tomlinson

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi thanks for that.
I will give it a go but I'm now thinking by what you said that his may be profile related - she did say she tested another game (LBP2) that she was " surprised had gone back to the start" although she couldn't recall whether she'd done any at all in her profile as she hasn't played it in ages. So we just tested Red Dead Redemption (haven't done any for ages but know we had good saves on there) and it also says
" a problem was found with your game data, reinstalling RDR"
Then Followed by
"a single player save could not be found what do you wish to do"

So I can try your suggestions (and thank you for those) but we might have a bigger problem here. Will post back later.

Cheers
Daramis McGee

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:04 pm

This problem from your RDR game sounds either a faulty disk (scratch related), or your blu-ray drive needs cleaning.

Also it could be HDD related as well.

------------

About your Skyrim saves, there could be a possibility for a corrupt save.

------------

Let's do some maintenance then.

For doing that, it would be advisable to uninstall your skyrim game + DLCs, and anything related to your RDR game. (leave your saves on your PS3, also it's a good idea, to backup your saves on a external USB (FAT32 formated) drive.)

Yo begin with 1. Restore Default Settings

Then you do 2. Restore File System

and lastly 3. Rebuild Database

How: http://www.semperthree.com/ps3recoverymenu.html

---------

After those try to install your RDR game.

Do you get the same error ???

Sophh

Return to V - Skyrim