Skyrim won't launch via Steam

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 9:04 am

Greetings everyone,

I recently bought Skyrim via Steam (should've waited though, I see it has a 33% discount today..) and I was obviously anxious to start playing. However, for some reason it won't launch. The Skyrim menu pops up, but when I click ''Play Game", the menu closes and.. nothing happens. I tried redownloading it - didn't work, I removed TESV and SkyrimLauncher from the game folder and ran a verification of the integrity of the game cache, but that did not help either. I have reinstalled Steam and downloaded Skyrim for a third time, but no luck. Shutting down my Anti-virus has no influence either, and also running Steam in offline mode doesn't help. I am out of options, really. I hope someone can help me with this, because I am kind of losing my patience.

Specs:
i7-2630QM
6GB Ram
Geforce GT540M - 1GB
Windows 7

Kind regards.
how solid

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 3:30 am

So, after hours of browsing the internet, I actually just solved the problem: turns out it had something to do with DirectX. I went to the Skyrim game folder and ran the DXSETUP.exe file and bingo.. the game launches.

Apologies for this useless topic, after all this hours I didn't imagine I would solve it on my own.

Kind regards.
Matthew Warren

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 12:38 am

Thanks for posting anyway... this might help some one else...
Alyesha Neufeld

Return to V - Skyrim