Sluggish attack rate when enemies are close

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:49 pm

Not sure if this is bug or feature but when enemies are close, it seems that semi auto weapons have slower, sluggish or irregular attack rate. This applies to shotguns, pistols and melee weapons. When shooting while enemies are not present those weapons have consistent attack rate but when enemies are close it seems that there are small delays and the shots aren't released at the usual rate. I know that when taking hits the char may suffer pain and be immobile for a moment but these attack rate changes also happen when the enemy is just close, attacking my companion for example.

Best way to test this is with powerfist. When hitting thin air, it has pretty damn fast hit rate. But if you hit enemy, it's very inconsistent and there are times when you can't release a strike instantly even if you totally should be able to.

Could it have something to do with max dps?
Marie

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:39 pm

More about your framerate.
Rik Douglas

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:50 am

I only noticed this with the service rifle so i cant say for sure.
^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:43 am

More about your framerate.

Could be.

I only noticed this with the service rifle so i cant say for sure.

Forgot to mention service rifle. It seems to have very inconsistent fire rate regardless of range.
Damien Mulvenna

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:36 pm

I'd guess frame rate/issues with it when you have a lot going on-screen as well, although who knows with this game...

Since the last patch, I could swear re-loading some rifles/auto rifles (like the All-American) is a teensy bit slower than before, both for myself and for companions...I'd put it down to imagination except my pre-patch videos seem to confirm it. Doesn't hinder, but it is weird. A way to slightly reduce dps maybe?
jadie kell

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:28 pm

The quickest way to test is to lower your video quality and test again.
Rich O'Brien

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:35 pm

Forgot to mention service rifle. It seems to have very inconsistent fire rate regardless of range.

i do have the upgraded springs mod so i dont know why it fires so inconsistant.
i hoped that mod would make it full auto but it doesnt.
MarilĂș

Return to Fallout: New Vegas