Solo ENergy Weapons char

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:13 am

So I am a bit hesitant to make this character but how viable post patch is a character whose only offensive tool is energy weapons? I have made good EW characters but they had the back of unarmed for close quarters. Anyone have any suggestions? Only rule I have is no sneak. I'm wearing power armor on this guy I don't sneak with PA guys (my own rule lol)
Lloyd Muldowney

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:32 am

Tricked out Laser Rifle and Plasma Rifle. Plus a Recharger as a back up or side arm.
Sami Blackburn

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:44 pm

So I am a bit hesitant to make this character but how viable post patch is a character whose only offensive tool is energy weapons? I have made good EW characters but they had the back of unarmed for close quarters. Anyone have any suggestions? Only rule I have is no sneak. I'm wearing power armor on this guy I don't sneak with PA guys (my own rule lol)

Post patch energy weapons are quite a bit more capable. The extra damage and DT reductions really lifts the lower and mid tier weapons up.
Also Multiplass and Tribeam rifles are great close range weapons (you get them a little late, though).

What I've seen and used so far suggest they are quite capable on their own.
matt

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:39 pm

Use the recharger pistol when up close or Pew-Pew. The recharger pistol is harder to find than the Recharger Rifle but it actually does more damage than the rifle. You can get the Tesla-Beaton relatively early if you know where to look too. Also if you haven't found the unique gauss rifle you might want to do that too. All in all energy weapons are quite capable a good 'standard' loadout for energy weapons is the AER14 and the Recharger Pistol.

Also I would seggest taking 10 luck, combine that with damaging corona, finesse, better criticals, boones hat, laser commander, set lasers for fun, built to destroy, and ninja, when using those with Pew-Pew you will have a 100% chance to critical, slaughtering everything.

That's more of a power-build though.
JUan Martinez

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:44 am

Recharger pistol (good fallback)
Laser rifle +++ (main weapon)
YCS whatever it is (unique gauss) (sniper)
Achramedies II (kill button/last resort)
Tri beam laser (its pretty much a shotgun for up close)
Flamer+ (unarmoured targets)
Laser rcw+ (high dps unarmoured targets at mid range)

Pick the perks laser commander, meltdown (this is godlike) finesse, better criticals and have high luck to increase disintegration chances.

It weighs alot but you have a weapon for every situation.
Gemma Archer

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:07 am

Appreciate the help guys. How's the Gatling laser fairing now that EW has a boost?
Charles Mckinna

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:19 pm

Flamer+ (unarmoured targets)

Incinerator>Flamer
Reanan-Marie Olsen

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:09 pm

Appreciate the help guys. How's the Gatling laser fairing now that EW has a boost?

Not changed that much I thought (except for DT reduction), but you have to remember that it, like all fast firing weapons, isn't meant for high DT targets.
It doesn't have the damage of the minigun, but is really accurate (meaning more shots landed and more critical hits)
Jack Walker

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:02 am

One thing you have to keep in mind about the flamer is that the actual damage is much higher than what the numbers say. It hits every part of the enemy inflicting widespread damage. It's excellent against most humanoids, cazadores, ants, and all types of vermin.

P.S. if you decide to use the flamer at all I would seggest taking the pyromaniac perk.
Nicole Kraus

Return to Fallout: New Vegas