Solstheim Castle Problem

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:41 am

I am playing Korana's Solstheim Castle mod, and I have just obtained entrance to it. I have beaten the quest, killed the grave robbers.. but when I enter the main hall.. I can't see anything. It is just pitch black. I have tried using torches, still can't see anything. The other rooms of the castle are fine though. I went through the back of the castle, through the kitchen and could see it perfectly. After using the kitchen door to enter the main hall it is still black. I have no idea what is causing the blackness. I have reinstalled it and the problem is still the same.

Mods I'm using:

Better bodies
almalexia armor
ARJAN_A_Lords_Men_v2.0
Clean Solstheim_Castle_v1.1
Grass_Ascadian Isles
Grass_Bitter Coast
Grass_Grazelands
Grass_West Cash
PlayableDremoraV11
sixy Daedric Armor v1.1
Tireless running
UAR_EbonyHelms_v2

and MGE
josh evans

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:47 pm

if i remember right she recommend adjusting the lighting in the morrowind.ini and gives recommendations in the read me. i could be wrong though!
XPidgex Jefferson

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:30 am

I think you have a "fog bug". This happens with some video cards when the "fog density" of an interior cell is set to zero. You can fix it manually by opening the plugin in the Construction Set and setting the fog density to something other than zero, I use "0.01". The problematic cells in Clean Solstheim_Castle_v1.1.esp are:
[FOGBUG]: Cells with zero fog density setting:
Solstheim Castle, Dance Hall
Solstheim Castle, Great Hall
Solstheim Castle, Laboratory
ken's test hole

If you want to fix this automatically, you can try my command line tool "tes3cmd". The latest version is tes3cmd-0.37-2010.07.01.7z , available http://code.google.com/p/mlox/downloads/list.
Unpack the archive, put tes3cmd.exe in your Data Files, run a command shell (Start -> Run -> cmd.exe), cd to your Data Files directory, run the command line: "tes3cmd fogpatch". This will output a file called "fogpatch.esp", which you need to activate in your load list.
priscillaaa

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:38 am

If it is black when you enter from some doors but not others, the door marker for the offending doors may have been misplaced and it spawned you into the fog. You might want to check that all the purple arrows are in front of doors when you look at it in the CS.
Raymond J. Ramirez

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:21 am

i gonna have to agree with john.moonsugar. it's probably because of your video card. i had thought she patched that because there was a guy all over the mod sites complaining about this for several mods some few months/years back. and it i because of the fog.
JeSsy ArEllano

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:07 pm

I had the same problem as you and created my own patch. http://www.mediafire.com/?jnmzjznnazy Should fix your problem. :)
Brandon Wilson

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:04 am

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll download your patch :)
Brentleah Jeffs

Return to III - Morrowind