Solstheim Landmass

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm not sure if there has already been another thread about this, if so, sorry in advance.

Does anyone know if Solstheim will be a different Landmass, which requires a loading screen to get to (such as boarding a boat as we saw), or will it be like Castle Volkihar, where you can just literally swim to it?

I'm not sure if I worded my question correctly, but I hope you kinda get the gist of things.
Nienna garcia

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:32 pm

You get a short boat ride to a loading screen and a continued boat ride to the island itself, or so is assumed.
Heather Kush

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:15 am

You get a short boat ride to a loading screen and a continued boat ride to the island itself, or so is assumed.

That's what I thought.
But I also thought that for the Volkihar Castle, as the main means of travel to there is by boat.
Sabrina Schwarz

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:22 am

This is what I have heard and would assume will happen. Skyrim will be seperated from direct access to Solstheim, and, in typical Elder Scrolls fashion, there will be a boat ride interrupted by a short loading screen before arriving to the island itself.
Alisia Lisha

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:03 pm

I dont think anyone really knows atm could be either but i hope it has a loading screen and is not connected to the main skyrim landmass
Dalley hussain

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:56 am

This is what I have heard and would assume will happen. Skyrim will be seperated from direct access to Solstheim, and, in typical Elder Scrolls fashion, there will be a boat ride interrupted by a short loading screen before arriving to the island itself.

I wonder where we'll get this boat...

Perhaps Dawnstar?
Dawnstar was/is the main Port for Boats. I read that somewhere... can't recall where though.
Kara Payne

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:36 am

I wonder where we'll get this boat...

Perhaps Dawnstar?
Dawnstar was/is the main Port for Boats. I read that somewhere... can't recall where though.
My guess would be Windhelm. It's closer geographically than Dawnstar. Plus it the docks in Windhelm have more space for another boat to be.
Melis Hristina

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:06 am

My guess would be Windhelm. It's closer geographically than Dawnstar. Plus it the docks in Windhelm have more space for another boat to be.

Pretty reasonable, considering the fleeing Dunmer came from Morrowind, into Skyrim, and resided in Windhelm.
Perhaps you hitch one of the Evacuees boats as they make their trip back to Solthseim?
Ashley Tamen

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:08 pm

I dont think anyone really knows atm could be either but i hope it has a loading screen and is not connected to the main skyrim landmass

People know, but aren't allowed to say.
Lizs

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:58 am

Pretty reasonable, considering the fleeing Dunmer came from Morrowind, into Skyrim, and resided in Windhelm.
Perhaps you hitch one of the Evacuees boats as they make their trip back to Solthseim?
Maybe. Solstheim has been under Dunmer rule for the past 150+ years so I'm guessing most Dunmer who wanted to move there already have. I'm thinking that you'll just hop on a trading vessel of some type. Probably an East Empire Company ship
helliehexx

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:53 am

Maybe. Solstheim has been under Dunmer rule for the past 150+ years so I'm guessing most Dunmer who wanted to move there already have. I'm thinking that you'll just hop on a trading vessel of some type. Probably an East Empire Company ship

Yeah, I suppose.
Does anyone know where we'll end up once we sail to land on Solstheim? Any Ideas?
Milagros Osorio

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:48 am

I'm not sure if there has already been another thread about this, if so, sorry in advance.

Does anyone know if Solstheim will be a different Landmass, which requires a loading screen to get to (such as boarding a boat as we saw), or will it be like Castle Volkihar, where you can just literally swim to it?

I'm not sure if I worded my question correctly, but I hope you kinda get the gist of things.

Do you realize how long it would take to swim to solstheim. even hovering there as a VL would take too long. In my opinion, boat riding to a loading screen is the only option.
GRAEME

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:48 am

Do you realize how long it would take to swim to solstheim. even hovering there as a VL would take too long. In my opinion, boat riding to a loading screen is the only option.

This is what I initially thought. But you never know... :ermm:
Thomas LEON

Return to V - Skyrim