Some Thoughts

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:10 pm

Are there any players who would like an option to have a happy ending to the game? A great battle where you save the Commonwealth and become the hero. I wish there was something like that. I'm with the Minutemen, and being able to gather a great force and do one final battle in order to secure the future for the Commonwealth would be lots of fun.

I read an article recently about someone who played a lot in the Glowing Sea, and he suggested that there might be an option to walk outside the map on several locations in the future. I would like to see something behind Vault 111, perhaps some community that needs assistance, and some coastal regions where the townspeople are in trouble with raiders or some like that.

Which settlement is your favourite? I have Sanctuary and Bunker Hill as mine. I don't build very much , I mostly add some beds, crops and turrets in a settlement.

Any gamers who do what I usually do, play without power armour? Since Nick Valentine stole my favourite one and wears it all the time, I saw no reason in trying to find something similar again, since it is likely another character will do the same.

I have a huge problem, I cannot find Honest Dan anywhere! Does he exist in my version of Fallout 4? I am wondering, because no matter what I do, there is no Honest Dan anywhere!

Finally, what are your favourite places to go when you need some more XP-points?

Chrissie Pillinger

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:00 pm

Honest Dan is there. An actual spoiler :deal: would be required to enlighten you, but rest assured he is there, and he is not random.

Many peop play without Power Armor, myself included. -Although, it is fun to collect them & garage them in style. :trophy:

Happy ending? A final battle does sound fun, but then we'd all be crying that there is nothing left to do. But who knows?

Quick XP? I've yet to refer to any in-game-ruining-glitches, so barring that, I got addicted to the Idiot Savant Perk lvl 2 which rewards XP points on turn-ins.

Spoiler
Then hitting up the Brotherhood radiants, or simply saving a bunch of real quest turn-ins near one another & eating/drinking boosters.

Save+Turn-in+reload+turn-in+reload until BAM! Doesn't take a minute, even @6 Int.

Dark Mogul

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:37 am

Well, it would be an end to the game... That is true, but it could be a HUGE fight and the Minutemen defeats all their enemies. Or some like that.

Oh, please do tell! I would like to meet Dan and complete that quest. The people in Covenant attacked me, so I had to eliminate everyone. The cat and robot are still there. Funny it was, the turrets attacked me and suddenly stopped. Now I still have them, owned beds I cannot sleep in, and zero protection. Many bugs in this game.

This is my first game of its kind, and I might buy another one like this some day. But I am still one of those who likes to actually finnish a game.

ZzZz

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:13 pm

The Honest Dan and Covenant is bugged really bad, early on in my playthrough Covenant and Honest Dan 'Quest' or whatever was knackard :sadvaultboy:

Mari martnez Martinez

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:42 am

Happy ending? Honestly I just want an ending that actually has a difference from the single canned ending you get for every faction with minor tweaks to dialogue....

abi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:54 am

Not sure how to put it in English, I mean and ending where you rescue the entire Commonwealth, everyone adores you and you are the hero. Perhaps with a really nice video also, with a big and happy future for all. Something typical Hollywood perhaps. Just playing around with some thoughts. Something good there ought to be.

kyle pinchen

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:36 pm

Nooo, absolutely not. That would completely defeat the purpose of the storyline they made in the first place. I'm glad there's no completely happy ending.

DarkGypsy

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:09 am

It's good that we have different views sometimes, brightens things up a bit. Would be too boring otherwise.

So as I mentioned once, this is the first game of its kind for me. Before this I only played Call of Duty, Battlefield and games like that. Good to try something else. And at first I thought there would be very few hours spent on this game, but as it turns out those few hours became MANY.

Roanne Bardsley

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:19 pm

For me, the Minuteman ending IS the happy ending. :) I can't really talk about the ending dialogue, since this isn't a spoiler section.

As for Honest Dan, why was Covenant hostile? Something went wrong there or bugged out for you. Dan can usually always be found at Covenant.

I only have one character that used power armor on a regular basis. I feel it's too clunky and sneaking in PA is just silly, and I like to sneak! :)

When you exit power armor, don't leave the fusion core in it. Also, you can ask Nick to get out of the PA, if you talk to him.

If I only need a little bit of XP, I just craft items to fill up my XP meter. Other than that, I don't really go anywhere to grind xp, I just do quests and see where they take me. I also eat some Squirrel stew to get some extra XP when needed.

Totally agree with you, MikeFinn! It's refreshing to see different takes and opinions on things. :)

And OMG yes, Fallout will certainly take over many, many hours of your life! :D If you are looking for another great Fallout title, give New Vegas a try and get all the dlcs that come with it. It's freakin' awesome!!

Silvia Gil

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:10 pm

I tried to approach him once, didn't work. Guess I can try it again to see what happens. Aha, never leave a fusion core inside? Thanks, I'll remember that.

Speaking of fusin cores, I was afraid I would be without any, because that happend in the beginning always. Now when I looked I had over 50. Surprised.

And yes, the Minutemen are the best. Regarding Covenant, I tried to make it a settlement, but when Honest Dan never arrived I read in a forum somewhere that I would not be getting the settlement then without eliminating everyone inside. The robot and cat was not to be harmed, and that actually worked. But now I have those beds I cannot sleep in, lots of stuff is owned, and those turrets give no protection. Felt a bit awful to do it, but a gated settlement on a prime location in the Commonwealth... So I did a very non-Minuteman thing and took a few shots at the mayor. And everyone turned on me.

I tried to walk there from all sorts of locations, sleep from night to morning, fast-travel there... Still no Honest Dan. This can perhaps be my new mission in life - to find Honest Dan at any cost! :D

Vicki Gunn

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:15 pm

I've got the "happy ending"... Three factions are still happily giving me radiant quests. Three factions still have their stores open. XP and caps are flowing, and happiness abounds.
Juanita Hernandez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:02 pm

That`s all I wanted in Mass Effect series...

To be a hero and to live happiy ever after with my love...

Guess where it got me... :cry:

Euan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:51 pm

I would have it too, but the Prydwen was annoying me and one of the BoS officers were rude to my character... Now Cambridge police station is empty and the Prydwen is gone. But this gave another problem.

Jesus Lopez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:18 pm

I've never seen Mass Effect, perhaps I need to watch some game playing on Youtube.

Budgie

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:01 pm

LOL yea, Fusion cores can be found in a lot of places around the Commonwealth!

Hmm, since you killed everyone at Covenant already, there's really no use to finding Honest Dan, since several of the dead NPCs are tied to that quest. LOL I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure you will find Dan on your next character. :)

I'm sure glad Preston wasn't there to see you taking shots at the Mayor!!! :nope: :o LOL

Oh and if you want to feel like a Hero, do a NCR play-through of Fallout New Vegas. The more quests you do for the NCR (New California Republic), the more people will be in awe of you. I love that part!! :D

Vincent Joe

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:58 pm

I waited for him when they were alive also, and everyone talked about him. He never came. So the only solution to this is that he does not exist :D It's all just someone they made up. I tried to find traders, but those that came were never him.

Yeah, Preston would have gone mad! Speaking of going mad, I was on that quest with McGreedy, and I stopped at Covenant to have a look for Dan. I accidentally picked up a used oil can, and the only settler I had attracted saw he. He and McGreedy started a fight and he also attacked me, so I had to kill him :D Now I have no people there at all.

Sounds like fun, a game where people like you more and more. Yes, I need something like that.

Jani Eayon

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:35 pm

But now my biggest worry is that I will never complete the Castle defence, because after 100% is done, Ronnie Shaw and I still cannot do anything but trade. And this final bit of the quest remains open, but for how long and will they turn hostile if I miss it?

chinadoll

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:33 am

Only writing about the happy ending issue. There have been no absolute happy endings in Fallout series. I don't know if you have played the earlier games, but I can say that whatever you did, some things could not be changed for the better. So many cities and towns have vanished in previous games, even when the player did every quest possible. I guess a happy ending is not taken as realistic in such a universe (definitely not in a settlement with 92 % happiness and complaining about fingernails.).

However, the idea of having a final battle which will be remembered for a long time is attractive. Would love to see such thing.

LADONA

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:31 pm

That's a great question Mike... I haven't been able to figure out how to trigger the MM quests toward the end either. I even built this great big, super technical, teleportation transport thing in Sanctuary where the MM are stationed, and I still can't figure it out. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, having Platinum-ed and finished all three of the major faction quests, I'm not really missing out on anything other than a bit more story line.

Michelle Serenity Boss

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:33 pm

From what I've read Honest Dan is bugged. If you do the MQ first before going to Covenant he never shows up. This very thing did happen to me also, but at the time I didn't have Patch 1.4, so maybe that was fixed?

Spoiler
I thought every ending (except the Railroad of course) was a happy ending. The MM protect people, life goes on. The BoS clear the area of hostiles, life goes on. The Institute (under your new leadership) makes life better for everyone, and life goes on. But as others have said I wish there were more differences in the ending and post Main Quest.

Bambi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:05 pm

Wait, wait . . .there's an end(ing) to this game?

Not the way I play it -- and yes, I've completed the MQ, so I know what people mean here. But me, I don't want Bethesda imposing an "ending" on me. That's what I like least about NV. Did I enjoy how NV's "endings" (including the DLCs, which I love) cycled through all the NPCs you'd meet along the way? Sure. Doesn't mean I demand that identical treatment here, though I also understand why people expected it.

Lakyn Ellery

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:35 am

Spoiler
The MM ending can be triggered by getting banished from the Institute. Then you go and talk to Preston and then the MQ continues from there.

No Name

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:18 pm

I just tried, and Nick still is in my power armour and there is no way of getting him out. He only asks to trade or follow me. I'm with Cait and don't want to give her up.

And I went to Covenant, that other guy whose name I forgot is there. Lucas something.

luis ortiz

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:14 am

Well, yes, Nick has to be your companion, before you can command him to exit the PA.

Oh Lucas Miller! My man! I always buy his junk! (Ballistic Weave and Fiberglass!!) :)

Ricky Meehan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:45 pm

Well, I guess I can wait a while and let Nick enjoy his armour.

Lucas has lots of good stuff!

Andres Lechuga

Return to Fallout 4