sound crackles then game crashes

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:42 am

Hello

I've got about 40 hours into the special edition, I have had no issues with the game (original and SE) up until now. I loaded up my recent save a couple days ago and everything was good until the game loaded. The sound was crackly, I initially thought there was a problem with my headphones, but the sound was fine in the loading screens. When I tried to exit the game just to restart it, it froze, and I had to restart my computer. I tried loading a previous save, and it worked for about 10 minutes before it froze mid-play. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but I still get crackly sound then it freezes when I try to quit. I looked up the issue and one person said changing their sound from 16bit to 24bit helped, I tried that and it didn't work. I tried going back to a previous video card driver update as well, no change. I was on my way into Blackreach, and have only tried the saves that I have in that dungeon, maybe it's the dungeon that's bugged? I haven't tried a save further back yet, as I don't really want to restart too far back. When I was looking up this issue I only found stuff from when the SE was initially released, so I had hoped there was a patch already that would fix it, as it seems like a bad bug, but apparently it still exists. If it's just the dungeon that's bugged, that kinda screws a large part of the game, as I need that area for the main quest and dawnguard. Has there been any recent occurrences of this bug, am I just unlucky? Is there a fix somewhere out there...

I also have no mods, which I read can cause issues with the special edition, so I know that's at least not the issue with my game.

Connor Wing

Return to V - Skyrim