Staying good in New Vegas

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:33 am

I believe there is a way to make fiends non-hostile.... maybe there is something like the FO3 "ghoul mask" that makes feral ghouls non-hostile as well?
tannis

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:18 am

Wouldn't bother me a bit.

Nor me as seen by my last post, and given its quite poor handling in FO.

believe there is a way to make fiends non-hostile.... maybe there is something like the FO3 "ghoul mask" that makes feral ghouls non-hostile as well?

In the fiends vault there is, I have yet to see one outside of the vault however despite a disguse.
Sun of Sammy

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:15 am

I agree, I don't think it should be considered stealing if they are your enemy. The Legion and the Powder Gangers hate me, I get "good" karma for killing them, yet loose karma if I take their Brahmin steak after killing off the camp? It makes no sense. Also, I think it is dumb that it is still considered stealing from a NPC if that NPC is dead. For example, I had Boone kill Jeannie May, yet if I go to her home, it is still considered stealing. Does anyone else find this dumb?

I did.

I don't think you get bad karma for stealing Jeannie May's stuff after she is dead. It shows up as red but it doesn't seem to give bad karma, just like opening the door of Benny's suite.

I'll admit, I steal a lot. Any weapon, Weapons Repair Kit component, skill book etc. that I find. I usually make up for it by hunting down the respawning Fiends in the Fiend Territory. You get as much good karma from them as you do from Ghouls, but Ghouls don't leave much loot.
Pixie

Previous

Return to Fallout: New Vegas