Steam Beta Patch 1.2.33 Disappointment

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:43 am

That's it?

After almost two weeks, that's it?

I ran across so many bugs...

Tinker Tom's quest won't fail after killing him and would be impossible to complete because he's dead.
Preston Garvey giving the same quests twice.
McCree's Killshot perk is giving 2000% VATS accuracy on headshots instead of 20%
Big Leagues perk on max level is actually reducing the damage on melee weapons.
There's the glitch where you are able to shoot a Fat Man with no ammo and then you get 1 ammo after shooting.
There's the ammo buying/selling exploit.
There's the magazine dupe glitch using Dogmeat.
There's the bug that Dogmeat would grab the Cryolator in Vault 111 locked shelf.
There's the settlement size increase glitch by dropping items and storing them in the Workshop making them count as settlement objects.
There's that game breaking bug related to Monsignor Plaza making the game crash.
There's a bug where the companions would randomly be stuck in a animation floating in the air with their hands up.

What about the confirmed bugs listed on the wikia? http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_bugs

Also i was hoping for a fix for the camera when engaging dialogs in third person view.

I really hope these limited fixes are because it's a beta patch, and when the automatic update comes out, there will be a more significant patch.

SamanthaLove

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Monsignor Plaza bug is fixed in this patch. The 'General memory and stability improvements' could be a catch all for a lot of the bugs that were preventing people playing.

Waiting for one patch to fix everything listed could potentially take weeks, I'd much rather they focus on the game breaking stuff and polish the rest off later.

Also you list dupes and exploits....just don't do them. Its a single player game, if someone else decided to dupe in their game that has no impact on you.

As someone who had the Monsignor Plaza bug I'm immensely happy with this patch.

Roberta Obrien

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:43 am

Good to know they fixed that bug.

Don't get me wrong, i'm usually very thankful for any patch, but i was expecting more fixes.

After one play through the main quest line, i encountered so many annoying bugs and glitches, i decided to wait for a patch before starting a new character. Hence my disappointment.

CHANONE

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:21 pm

Still getting the same [censored] fps (~30) in the same areas as before, at medium settings. i7 [email protected], r9 295x2 8gb oc, 8gb ram, PCIE ssd...

Naughty not Nice

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:22 am

As far as fixing game breaking bugs goes - my game is still broken with the beta patch. I have come across several bugs and reported them on the forums, the worst of which is dialog options not appearing for a large number of my NPCs, I can't use many of the shops and have no idea what quests may be available as only a handful of NPCs will do more than playback their canned dialog messages. I can go back through my saves and still find some NPCs are broken when I first come across them again after going back to an earlier save.

I was hoping the first patch might address this as I was one of many people who reported similar incidents - such as no response from codsworth at the start of the game making very early progress impossible (my dialog with codsworth worked fortunately, however I find my system borked further down the line).

This game and its season pass can sit on the shelf until Bethesda pull their finger out and fix it - their track record for released games needing heavy patching is abysmal so far, still don't know why I bothered to make this a pre-order purchase, should have known better than to put faith into them again. You would think by now that they would have improved their testing - but I guess why bother when your customers can do it for you?

You can recommend that I start over but I tried that - my next run through saw codsworth going around the first house killing bugs on his quest in a loop that would not end leaving me with no further quests to follow from him. The scripting and AI engines for this game are a mess - Preston Garvey has also take up residence on the roof of a house in Sanctuary in protest lol.

This patch is a poor answer to many players and carries far less fixes than I would have expected considering the number of bugs that gamers have already reported. see here: http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1544248-bug-report-index-pc/

Miss K

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:51 am

Agreed. Considering that CDPR have been releasing 1gb+ sized patches on a weekly basis for The Witcher 3, I must say that Bethesda really dropped the ball on this one...again.

matt

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:15 am

We're investigating multiple issues being reported by folks and plan on having multiple updates for the game.

Flesh Tunnel

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:13 am

Any support for AZERTY and other keyboard soon? That is beyond amateurism...

Laura Tempel

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:22 am

game generally runs (a bit) smoother for me, but the loading screens take twice as long as they did previously. Like, a minute or two.

Solina971

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:13 pm

Disapointed be the least of my feelings right now.

Causon-Chambers

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:27 am

I started a thread on an issue because I couldn't find it anywhere on any other forums. I swear I can't be the only person. My game freezes about every 10 min or so continuously. It's not a heat issue or a memory issue according to every test I've done. It will freeze for about a minute then gameplay will resolve. I've tried everything I can think of. The beta patch might have actually made it worse lol. It doesn't matter what I'm doing or where I'm at it just freezes then goes back to gameplay. Well that and the sound issue where certain audio cuts out for a min or so then come back all at once. If you tell me to f**k off and go to a diff forum I wont hold it against you. I'm just so frustrated.
Neliel Kudoh

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:42 am

I'm quite disappointed as well. Almost two weeks, this game's been sitting around, collecting dust, and the patch comes around... and does nothing to help me. Still get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" without fail, before I can get past the main menu. Sometimes, before I can get to the main menu.

Rozlyn Robinson

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Just a thought, I had my pagefiled set to very low since I have 8gb mem, never needed that much but noticed that the game wants way too much and caused a few crashes until I upped the pagefile from 1gb to 4gb. Maybe it's freezing because it's looking for mem *shrugs*

I got the audio blues, the fullscreen blues, the keyboard blues and that's what I listen to when I play this game ;)

Enie van Bied

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:58 am

Was Big Leagues fixed? I waited 41 levels to get that perk to rank 5 only to figure out after playing for an hour that selecting rank 5 had halved my damage and I had to go back to an old save. I built my character around this perk so it really irks me that they haven't fixed it yet. How many months is it going to take?

Jade Barnes-Mackey

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Yeah I'm googling how to set my pagefile. I have no idea how to do that lol. But that's possible. And fx 6300 3.5 quad core, gtx 770 2gb, and Kingston hyper x 8 gb @ 1600mhz btw. I knew I should have bought more ram when I built this PC a few years ago. But noooo everybody said you will be fine lol. [censored]! But its getting old anyway I guess... I've monitored the ram usage during gameplay but I guess that doesn't matter.
Sweet Blighty

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:48 am

Naw pagefile is a windows thing, it's automatically set to 1.5 so you should have 12gb of it if you didn't mess with it, in the first place. Just thought it might be your problem but unless you lowered your pagefile manually it won't be.

scorpion972

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:02 pm

They guys have said they want to do smaller more numerous updates if I recall, rather than huge patches. Could be another game though.
Olga Xx

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:36 pm

No guarantee it will help you jmizzle, but I had to mess with the ini a bit to get the game to play with only 6gb of ram before I grudgingly added more, I scratched my head a lot because the game wasn't using more than what was available but I was having that same problem and looked back at Skyrim and found some threads about problems when the engine was allocating more memory. As far as I know it's a false assumption that this is why it was freezing or crashing every 10 minutes but since the option to pre-allocate more memory isn't available to test that theory I tried to make the game use less by lowering the grid size it loads and it did help although I'm sure I was missing out on some of the view. But anyway I'll share what I did that helped my problem and if setting your pagefile to a decent static size doesn't help you can try this if you want to, but go into the ini files and look for these options and try setting them the way they are below and see if you can't get a little more playtime in between those freezes. Don't consider this any kind of solid advice just sharing a not so great solution I found.

uGridsToLoad=4
uExterior Cell Buffer=25
W E I R D

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:20 am

Fix the fps drops

Brandon Bernardi

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:19 pm

Think I'm getting the same probs as you - hanging every few minutes plus audio de-sync. Don't think it's page file or ram size. Not fixed by beta patch.

Rig is HP Envy laptop.

From my post on the other forum:

I get hangs every ~15 minutes. Disk activity goes to 100% as reported in Win 8.1 TaskManager ("Active time") but without any apparent data transfer ("Disk transfer rate"). Usually lasts for 2-3 minutes.

Happens when exploring (perhaps on new cell load??), when speaking to an NPC, when accessing PipBoy, basically anything.

Perhaps related to an audio synch issue? - audio stops working, then a hang soon afterwards, with the audio catching up when the hang finishes.

I'm running on lowest settings, with borderless window.

Think I'm a bit below spec on CPU - i7 2.4G - but doubt that's the reason. FPS is fine outside of the hangs.

GT740M with clean install of latest drivers.

16G RAM, 24G page file. Multo free disk space.

Clea Jamerson

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:55 am

Hey wakyloky was right with my issue. I added a few gigs to my virtual memory and it seems to work so far. Now granted o only have 2g or vram on my gpu and only 8g of system ram. But so far so good. It was originally set at 8g btw. I wouldn't recommend going too much higher tho because other random problems seem to slow down. But hey it worked!
Jani Eayon

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:41 am

Not to mention that if you're running on an SSD setting a very active swap file on it will greatly deplete the drive's lifespan.

Guinevere Wood

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Nevermind! Still freezing... Ugh.
Amber Ably

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:42 pm

Well it made my game better just being able to use Num Pad 0 and Enter, instead of E and Delete for certain actions, i haven't noticed any other difference personally yet.

Enny Labinjo

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:29 pm

I haven't tested the beta patch, but try switching to borderless windowed mode or disable vsync/uncap the FPS in some other way if you haven't already. Switching from fullscreen to borderless reduced loading speeds extremely in my game.

stacy hamilton

Next

Return to Fallout 4