Steam Workshop - Error 35. Can't Upload.

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:08 pm

For the last couple of days now, I have been attempting to update a mod on Steam Workshop. Bring Out Your Dead, if that somehow makes a difference in this. I have been unable to do so because Steam keeps returning with an Error 35 message trying to publish. According to what little sketchy information exists, this is supposed to be a firewall issue.

It wasn't a huge deal. BYOD update is just a USKP sync-up. So I was content to try and wait for this to blow over. Except it hasn't.

I've since spent the better part of the last 6 hours trying to unravel my network setup to see where this thing is breaking down. Windows Firewall got turned off. The firewall on my FIOS router was turned off. Still Steam returned with Error 35. My Google-fu has also failed me today, so I started whining about it in a chat room, naturally :P

Hanaisse found a few scattered recent posts on the Workshop from other modders who are also running into the cryptic Error 35. So it appears there may be some sort of underlying problem here.

I've been pretty much over all the basics. Firewall checks. Rebooted the router. Rebooted the PC, several times. Logged packets into and out of the router, and nothing stands out except for something that appears to indicate Verizon might be blocking the traffic, but I can't tell from my end. Besides, I can't think of a good reason why up until 3 days ago they'd have just let it fly and now suddenly it's blocked.

I'd have just let it slide even then until Monday when I could call them, but I'd like to get the USKP update out of beta now and that requires that Steam allow me to update it.

Has anyone else been having issues? A few isolated cries in the dark kind of confirm for me that this isn't just my system suddenly acting up.
Clea Jamerson

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Turn your machine Off... Reboot... and then start up the CK and publish your already built mod immediatly as the first thing you do. Dont start up skyrim, dont open up a web browser, etc....
Jeneene Hunte

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:32 pm

I actually did that as well, no go. Still got hit with the Error 35 message.

The odd thing is that Steam itself works perfectly fine for everything else it does, except this.
Tyler F

Return to V - Skyrim