Super Size

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:14 pm

I watched a video of the last guardian the other day and I was really interested in the scale of things, I started playing dragon's dogma dark arisen for the first time earlier this week and recently got to see a condemned gorecyclops and I was blown away at the sheer size of the beast, so I started this thread to ask if any of you have been amazed at the sheer size of something (in games specifically, but real life and other media is fair game too)! Personally I'd really like to play some games with some massive scale things in them (preferably that are intractable in some way, even if just climbing), do you guys have any suggestions?

KU Fint

Post » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:29 am

I was watching a video clip on YouTube tonight of the Death Star battle on the new Battlefront game on maxed graphic settings. I have no idea of the game play but the Star Destroyers and the Death Star just looked freaking huge.
Prue

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:29 pm

Shadow of the Colossus :)

Rachel Tyson

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:19 am

that's the entire reason i have a ps2 emulator on my PC! I'm lucky my old shadow of colossus disk still works but I don't have the right input ports on my TV to play my PlayStation on it

naana

Post » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:46 am

Didn't get to play it, unfortunately, but this. They aren't particularly interactable though. The first huge thing that I've seen in my own game were http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/d/d0/FfxiiiAdamantoise.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091205053545, and those things was freakin awesome to see. And yes, you can fight them (and it revolves around you breaking their legs to take them down, and then smacking them in their head rofl). XV has some awesome enemies too, as well as summons (although the latter pretty much goes into the non-interactable group as well, it's basically a cutscene where a massive entity appears and seriously messes things up, but it's epic nevertheless).

Alyce Argabright

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:15 pm

I know it's not quite the same scale, but sometimes when I do my walkaround after landing, I'm amazed at the size of the Airbus, and this only a small A320, and can hardly believe that I was I control of it and brought this huge hunk of metal and 190 people to the ground at 150mph, using only my hands, feet and skill. Sometimes it is very awe-inspiring to look at the plane and think about that. It a good feeling.
neen

Post » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:43 am

In dragons dogma the last boss dragon grigori is one badass mofo!
aisha jamil

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:43 pm

Shadow of the Colossus definitely does it better than any other game.

Dragon's Dogma has some great giants too, especially in the Bitterblack Isle expansion.

The Dark Souls games often use a grand sense of scale and there are some huge bosses, but you don't get to climb or interact with them like the above mentioned games.

It still creates an impressive sensation of size, though.

josie treuberg

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:59 am

Yep :)

The first game where something huge really impressed me is probably https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Jedi_Knight:_Dark_Forces_II, running on the roof while huge Tie Fighters fly by (and also running around in relatively huge levels). It was all very wow to me back then.

EDIT: Talking of which, a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nier:_Automata demo was released on Playstation Network today and I tried it out, and it had a huge boss in it. I look forward to the game release in early March.
Setal Vara

Return to Othor Games