Survival Discussion Merged Similar Topics

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:03 am

The only thing that they didn't think through with sruvival mode is lack of fast travel, because it makes Strong Back lvl 4 worthless and pointless.

Anna Watts

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:03 am

I care you whiny brat.You notice that you whine more than people actually voicing valid criticism?

I wonder why Bethsda fixes bugs....according to you guys there is not a single one.

joseluis perez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:12 pm

Yeah, I don't believe I ever experienced a crash or a freeze on the ps4. However, I experienced plenty o' bugs and glitches.

Also greatly depends on what type of character build you make most likely.

Sasha Brown

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:03 pm

They fix bugs?

Also, does anyone actually believe the official release will be changed in any way whatsoever from the beta?

Rebecca Dosch

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:45 am

I believe so. I've experienced a mild tiredness and "parched" debuff so far. Parched gave -1 to intelligence and a detriment to AP.

Absolutely not. Ammo and meds thus far are just as abundant.

LuBiE LoU

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:15 pm

thanks, for responding the unpolite pepole that make those comment who clearly dont know what the are talking i just copy and paste a comment a fellow member of the community madeo on my topic:

Have you even seen the H&S forums?

There are people crashing who have more than adequate hardware (In most cases, well above the recommended), are up-to-date with drivers and aren't using mods, but are crashing. Are they lying?

And what about glitches? Again, people are suffering those without any mods installed and ventalation has nothing to do with quest glitches. Or does over heating cause things like the Silver Shroud quest not starting or critical NPCs vanishing?

lucile davignon

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:58 pm

I have seen less talk of crashing and bugs as patches have come out

Kelly James

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:20 pm

I have a question, if I opt in to survival beta will I still be able to use mods in my non-survival mode play-thrus?

SHAWNNA-KAY

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:11 pm

Reading a couple posts on .net, seems like some people are having their hydration depleted nearly constantly... possibly intentional or SPECIAL related?

And there's no indication of how hungry or whatever you are and how much specific foods refill your needs... Seems kinda annoying. I mean hardcoe.

The rarity not having changed at all is a glaring oversight imo.

"Resource Management: Balance out items in the world that may be too easy to acquire or horde, giving players more to consider when planning their current loadout."

Seems half thought out in that respect.

Marguerite Dabrin

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:21 pm

mabye you look in the wrong session? or you dont look too often? or most the pepole who experience crash whit good gaming pc knows that even if they post the problem they dont get any answer if not the funny one of pepole like you?

Lil'.KiiDD

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:47 pm

Maybe your spelling is crashing your PC

Jade

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:27 pm

I totally wanna play it...

I guess I might just wrap up my current playthrough and start over in survival once it arrives.

My current game is all messed up with too many provisioners & frozen enemies anyway.

I think I am finally gonna finish Mass fusion tonight and start over the game with new survival mode.

Should be able to set up my character just right by the time Far Harbor arrives.

Fiori Pra

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:00 am

I'm liking it so far; it's forced me to play the game in a whole new way (which I guess was the point). As the the saving issue, I'll admit it's a bit annoying when I need to go do something IRL, but there are no beds nearby. But having said that, it's a minor issue. Haven't came across any major bugs that crashed the game (most are solved by leaving and reentering the cell I find).

Anna S

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:48 pm

The new survival mode is awesome. Started a new game. I can tell coming from Very hard difficulty, the Deathclaw in Concorde (at level 3) went down pretty quickly with the minigun, so did the Raiders. I just wish Courtenay wasn't that thirsty all the time.

Lizzie

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:21 pm

I am hoping we finally cannot laugh at Kellogg saying 'I thought you would never survive wasteland and even if you did I could handle one pre-war person'.

lol.

How many people will really get to Kellogg without dying even once in the new mode.

Andrea Pratt

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:34 am

I have been keeping a log of features I have noticed. I will update as I continue to experience the update.

One important detail to note is that some of the food items do not perform their additional effects, even though the UI has not been updated to show that they no longer do so. One example is Squirrel Stew, which does not give +2% XP. There are 4 new crafting recipes at the Chemistry station. There are 5 stages to hunger and thirst, and 4 stages to sleep deprivation. The fifth stages of hunger and thirst occasionally damage the player, and can result in death. You will not die directly from sleep deprivation. (I only tested up to 9 days awake, and gave up when I got no new status ailment for being awake for 4 days, so there could be a fifth stage after 10 or more days. Radiation, from all sources, water, barrels, food, drinking, ghouls, the glowing sea... is all much more dangerous. RadAway has been severely nerfed. Using RadAway causes your hunger, thirst, and sleep deprivation levels to increase. It also makes you more prone to illnesses. Speaking of illnesses: They are annoying, but they are not likely to kill you, and they go away on their own. I feel as though some of these should require treatment to go away. Admittedly, I have not experienced all of them. Ammo has weight, as do stimpaks. Most armors seem to have been altered, with some becoming lighter, and others heavier. Carrying weight has been altered as well. I am not sure if it is set to a specific amount, but I went from 350 lbs to 250 lbs. Saving is a big deal; You can only save at beds, and you can only have 3 saves at once. I noticed that your saves are still kept in the document folder after you pass this number, but they are not accessible in game. I am unsure if this is for testing purposes, or if this will continue to be the case later. I like the idea, but I also like having backup saves; I think this feature should be kept for the full version.

I noticed a few glitches worth mentioning:

When you first load the game, you have access to all saves. When you enter the game, you can no longer load any saves not made in survival mode. Upon returning to the main menu, rather than being able to load all of your saves again, you can only load saves made in survival. Restarting the game allowed me to load the saves again, although my survival saves disappeared.

The Settlement UI visually glitched at several points (I can provide a picture if needed) so that items were out of place. For example, the eyebot machine from Automatron was visible between special objects and structures. Moving the cursor caused the menu to correct itself. I have never seen this glitch before, but I noticed it twice with the beta activated.

Rhi Edwards

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:10 am

Have you tried changing the character on the load screen?

I hope you also reported this in the appropriate place.

Brandon Wilson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:16 pm

Thanks for all the info. Kinda svcks there are no hard saves at all. I guess if you want to experience divergent faction scenarios you just have to make a whole new character and start at the beginning. Lame.

@Akul So if you take the difficulty back down from survival, do you know if saves made after that point get saved to the character made before the survival beta?

Naazhe Perezz

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:25 am

Rifleman is useless for a melee character. Lone Wanderer is useless if you use companions. Critical Banker is useless if you never use VATS. The fact that Strong Back Lvl 4 is useless to someone playing Survival Mode is not even remotely a big deal. If you had to buy it to get to something else, maybe. But it's the final level of the perk. Playing Survival Mode? Just don't take it.

Miss Hayley

Previous

Return to Fallout 4