Survival mode? no save and crash good mix?

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:14 am

we all know that the game sometime crash after pach 1.4 (mabye more than sometimes). the only thing that prevent us to loose time of play is autosave.

I understand that in order to make the game more difficult and make you more ccarefull autoseave are disable, ideally this is good i completely agree, but since the game crash it doesnt make the game nearly unplayable? what do you think? why do you think bethesda do such thing in a game so unstable? when the game launch back in october there where no crash at all, only unstable fps, now the situation got worse. what logic there is in to inplement survival mode in such way? mabye they bring some strong stabilty changes whit the new pach?

Natalie Taylor

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:33 pm

You can say the game is unstable all you want; that does not make it true. Console users and PC users with adequate hardware are reporting very few issues and almost no crashing.

If you're having many issues on PC, it's because either your hardware is not good enough or your mods are screwing things up. If you're having many issues on console, it's probably just poor ventilation leading to overheating.
Josh Lozier

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:40 pm

Have you even seen the H&S forums?

There are people crashing who have more than adequate hardware (In most cases, well above the recommended), are up-to-date with drivers and aren't using mods, but are crashing. Are they lying?

And what about glitches? Again, people are suffering those without any mods installed and ventalation has nothing to do with quest glitches. Or does over heating cause things like the Silver Shroud quest not starting or critical NPCs vanishing?

vanuza

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:43 pm

exactly, i hate mods and i dont have any install on fo4, i also have a pc far above recommendet requirement and all drivers updated, i cant stand unpolite pepole that only criticize whidout knowing what they are talking about.

krystal sowten

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:37 am

I'm willing to bet most people aren't suffering from constant crashing, or we'd hear of nothing but on this forum. Coincidentally, these people have little reason to rush to the boards to report their game is working fine and dandy as a result. Who cares?

Bethesda is setting up the mode for the people that CAN, not the people that can't. While logically, people can always swear off saving whenever, most people need that forced level of control. I mean, even normal can be pretty unforgiving going without armor perks (the assault bot can attest to vaporizing level 30 me from full HP to zero the instant it fired its laser) and weapon perks are absolutely not necessary to kill most things in a favorable number of rounds, but most people will stack the toughest armor and their weapon type perk of choice without a thought regardless and then ask for more challenge.

So... eh... people asked for a brutal survival mode, which includes not being able to save scum. Sorry. It's a hardware/software relationship issue on the crasher's end. Ideally Bethesda can solve the issue, but making design decisions based on the idea that they might not isn't really fair for those that don't have that issue to begin with.

Emilie M

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:58 pm

Personally I feel Beth has missed the boat with their unfortunate new 'Survival' mode...
What they should have done is exactly like New Vegas - hardcoe mode!
I mean it's all right there already, works well and players are both familiar with it and unanimous in their support.
Myself, I'll play NV only in hardcoe mode. Which is fantastic.

Hey why fix it if it ain't broke?
Survival should be a gameplay mode - not a difficulty level!
And yes, there certainly are a lot of players with issues and problems who are going to have to take one-hour naps eight or ten times per day, heheh...
Although personally my game runs flawlessly, with a high framerate and almost never crashes. :shrug:
I have had a grand total of two or three CTDs, but only after playing non-stop for seven or eight hours.
Niisha

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:34 am

wow guys i dont even know why bethesda fix bug and stability problem...according to you there are no problems at all.

Ashley Campos

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:29 am

there's already about 10 other threads on this topic.

Brad Johnson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:40 pm

ok

Oscar Vazquez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:04 pm

my experience has been that on PC, my only crashes involved Steam app running. or launching from the library in Steam. using the desktop shortcut Steam created, works like a champ. I know it is same file that is accessed, but minimizing Steam and using shortcut fixed all crashing.

can't speak to XB\PS .
Danial Zachery

Return to Fallout 4