A Swedish E-Krona?

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:52 pm

This morning I listen to the Swedish radio and heard the news about a E-Krona we in Sweden could get within let say 5 years and http://www.riksbank.se/en/Press-and-published/Speeches/2016/Skingsley-Should-the-Riksbank-issue-e-krona/ is more information about it.

If that happens Sweden are gonna to be the first country in the world to get a national digital currency in a couple of years, but first the Swedish Riksbank need to perform an investigation under 2 years.

Tina Tupou

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:49 pm

So sweden is going digital with its money? ...I dont really know what to think....though Ido all my spending through my card and carry no cash on me.
Sun of Sammy

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Not sure what the need for it is.

Most people get their salary paid directly into the bank, pay for things by standing order, direct debit, debit and credit card already I assume.

What extra does a digital currency provide?

Being of a suspicous frame of mind I'd guess they are already dreaming of the day they can phase out cash and see this as a step towards it.

Kari Depp

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:44 pm

They only push for this because they want full control of every little transaction between people. Big Brother want its fingers in all the cookie jars to collect even more taxes and deny a citizen the opportunity to buy anything or even pay his rent if he doesn′t fall in line and comply.

Digital currency is just one more step towards modern day communism, and we all know how nice that thing is...

Robyn Howlett

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:59 pm

In Sweden almost every bank office has been shut down for people who lives in the countryside and in recent years people, especially pensioners, have been protested against the four major https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bankv%C3%A4sendet_i_Sverige#Aff.C3.A4rsbanker.

Did you watched the video?

Milagros Osorio

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:50 pm

Really, the only reason I'm against an all-virtual currency is the risk of hacking and the difficulty older people have with non-universal coverage (even for me, if I try to pay with a debit card on a train, it won't work, because the train will be so far into the countryside, the machine won't be able to detect a bank nearby to authorise it electronically).

Digital money sounds like the final logical step in modern capitalism. Your money is so fake, it's not even tangentially related to valuable metals, or even paper notes any more. :P

George PUluse

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:47 am

The US Dollar, which practically all other currencies are pinned against post-WW2, has been off the gold standard since 1971. And the paper notes have always been ultimately worthless.

Kevin Jay

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:52 am

I know. So a digital currency would really just be accepting the reality of the situation.

Hearts

Return to Othor Games