Switching wings in Hearthfire

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:48 am

Hello everybody, I was in the middle of construction of my Lakeview Manor Home when, after finishing the main hall, I noticed that certain types of additions are fixed to specific wings, i.e. the the greenhouse is only available on the east side of the house, etc. I was wondering if there are any mods or fixes that would allow me to build a library AND a kitchen, cannot do without both now can we? I searched the nexus but only found a mod that adds a kitchen to the main hall, but that only solves half of the problem since I was planning to build the tower on the north side and I would prefer not to waste a whole tower on an alchemy lab. If anyone has a solution to this constraint or just had similar cravings, please let me know. Also, I would be greateful if someone pointed me in the direction of a similar tred on this forum if such one exists - so far I did not find one. Thanks in advance.
Claire Mclaughlin

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:31 am

Hello everybody, I was in the middle of construction of my Lakeside Manor Home when, after finishing the main hall, I noticed that certain types of additions are fixed to specific wings, i.e. the the greenhouse is only available on the east side of the house, etc. I was wondering if there are any mods or fixes that would allow me to build a library AND a kitchen, cannot do without both now can we? I searched the nexus but only found a mod that adds a kitchen to the main hall, but that only solves half of the problem since I was planning to build the tower on the north side and I would prefer not to waste a whole tower on an alchemy lab. If anyone has a solution to this constraint or just had similar cravings, please let me know. Also, I would be greateful if someone pointed me in the direction of a similar tred on this forum if such one exists - so far I did not find one. Thanks in advance.

Not yet, unfortunately. Tons of Hearthfire fans are holding their breath waiting for the exact same thing! :) For me, I'd like a library AND an armory, and dislike all three options on the North Wing.
Bellismydesi

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:53 am

Best way is to think about those 3 manors as
-main house
(usually double at main armory and weapon display house)
-alchemy lab
(usually got the kitchen and greenhouse)
-enchanting lans for small things that fits into packet
(thar one is typicaly combined with the library and trophy room, as enchanting don't need that much space)

NOTE:
if you put the 3 patio wings together they get connected to form a GIANT PATIO
It works really great at lakeview and allow the family to go outdoor and stay safe on the patio
it's a nice place to get a family

unless you choose proudspire or hjerim instead
(the two houses that can get bedrooms without loosing anything)

I think we're limited to two kids, but it's not quite clear

COMMENT:

I would have loved if Bethesda would have built a design that allowed all wings on all houses
and of course real 3 floors towers with basemant, first and second floor
Naomi Lastname

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:37 am

Best way is to think about those 3 manors as
-main house
(usually double at main armory and weapon display house)
-alchemy lab
(usually got the kitchen and greenhouse)
-enchanting lans for small things that fits into packet
(thar one is typicaly combined with the library and trophy room, as enchanting don't need that much space)

I actually thought of this when I planned the building, but the houses in Hjaalmarch and the Pale just spook me out (the latter is just beside a giant camp, and the former is in the middle of a swamp). So yeah, let's hope some overhaul will come out or something.

For me, I'd like a library AND an armory, and dislike all three options on the North Wing.

Well, the trophy room is nice, but if it were up to me I wouldn't waste a whole wing of a house just to show off my stuff... especially since I'm the only one who's gonna look at it anyway.
T. tacks Rims

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:05 pm

It would be nice to be able to pick what we want in each of the 3 wings. However, I can see why they did not do that. It would take having all the combos (nine for each wing) in place for the player to choose from. So, that would be 27 wings for each house, and they look different enough that it could be 81 different rooms that would have to be made. Then, the furniture choices and placements would have to be worked out 81 times.

Not sure how they could pull this off if they gave us too many choices.
Roddy

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Then, the furniture choices and placements would have to be worked out 81 times.

I don't get it. The towers would certainly need no special treatment, since their location would not give the need to relocate the furniture. As for the rest of the rooms, I'm sure a simple mirror swap would do the trick. I might be wrong though since I have limited experience in scriptwriting.
Lew.p

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:35 am

I don't get it. The towers would certainly need no special treatment, since their location would not give the need to relocate the furniture. As for the rest of the rooms, I'm sure a simple mirror swap would do the trick. I might be wrong though since I have limited experience in scriptwriting.

Yeah, since the wing is identical from the interior regardless of which house you're in. I also thought you could select the entire wing with all the items and then rotate the whole thing and save it or something. However, no such mod has appeared after so many weeks now, so maybe it is harder than the non-modders think.
tiffany Royal

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:53 pm

I actually thought of this when I planned the building, but the houses in Hjaalmarch and the Pale just spook me out (the latter is just beside a giant camp, and the former is in the middle of a swamp). So yeah, let's hope some overhaul will come out or something.

Well, the trophy room is nice, but if it were up to me I wouldn't waste a whole wing of a house just to show off my stuff... especially since I'm the only one who's gonna look at it anyway.

as opposed to lakview where your kids can watch a necromancer perform sacrifices off the balcony in back. :tongue:

Seriously those Giant camps do have me wondering about my house on the Pale/Whiterun border... I love the view there but feel a little better about Lakeview.. (just wish that shine/table with the bones wasn't right below my deck. Plus there is a shady house next door.)

Just started building that second one so haven't made up my mind which one I want my character to live in as their main home. Haven't go the one from Morthal yet.
LijLuva

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:10 am

At Heljarchen, (the Pale house) the giant camp right by the house has not respawned after I killed the giant. Another mammoth showed up, but it was nice target practice for me. :banana: The other giant camp will respawn, but I've only had a couple of giant attacks so far. I just go kill them every so often and loot their chest. Stupid bandits show up though.
Ashley Campos

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:34 am

Actually, there's a tad bit more flexibility even than described. For example, you can turn you basemant into an armory or one side of your house or the outside. Seems a bit redundant to me to have a full forge outside AND one in the basemant - so I do wish there were more basemant options (maybe building some bedrooms in the basemant or something. But so far, you can only use your basemant for storage or an armory.

Also - and I didn't know this until I had completely built my house - you can put an alchemy and enchanting table in the main part of the house. Okay, it's not as nice as having a tower and, of course, your guests are forever playing with your stuff (why CAN'T they leave things alone!) but it does free up the left side of your house for a greenhouse.

Granted, this isn't a lot of flexibility, but if you're creative you can sometimes make it work, depending on what you want.

Me, I just have to ask: Why couldn't they make the three houses different colors? I wanted a nice orange house, you know, like Leyawiin.
loste juliana

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:36 am

Speaking of the outside forge is there anyway to get more than an anvil out there? Like the whole smithy thing with the firepit and all. I did not see that option anywhere when building lakehome. Just started on the house in the Pale and didn't see it there either... That one seems to have more room around the yard plus the smelter I did build was a pretty good distance from the Anvil.
teeny

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:06 am

You only get an anvil for the outdoor smithy, and the whole firepit for the basemant smithy (should make it the other way around, really). I'm not sure about the Pale, but with Windstad Manor a second anvil spawned near the smelter, maybe because the entire set is built pretty far from the workbench. IIRC, it's so far back from the workbench that even with a storage room built you can see the north face of the house if you stand by the smelter.
Jaylene Brower

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:27 pm

(just wish that shine/table with the bones wasn't right below my deck. Plus there is a shady house next door.
Mods fix that. I've got a nice picknick table there now and a village just around the corner.

Actually, there's a tad bit more flexibility even than described.
I definitely agree that functionally what you said is true, yet just as you want an orange house I want a house with a North-faced tower that is a library and not an alchemy lab (exactly for the reasons you've stated).
Jack

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Nice to want these things but considering what you paid for the dlc i dont think it realistic to complain-or to expect it to change.
Misty lt

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:04 am

Mods fix that. I've got a nice picknick table there now and a village just around the corner.

I definitely agree that functionally what you said is true, yet just as you want an orange house I want a house with a North-faced tower that is a library and not an alchemy lab (exactly for the reasons you've stated).

Sadly this time around I am strickly Xbox. Oblvion ran fine at medium on my PC but I doubt Skyrim will and I have no plans to upgrade it any time soon. Plus to be honest I got burnt out by mod management so I am content with what I got... Occasionally I can just snipe a necromancer from my deck I guess. :P
Emerald Dreams

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:38 am

Nice to want these things but considering what you paid for the dlc i dont think it realistic to complain-or to expect it to change.

Well, I paid for the stuff, didn't I? I thought that actually does give me the right for a little criticism - I wasn't really complaining after all, just some thoughts about improving the dlc.
Kanaoka

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:36 am

Sadly this time around I am strickly Xbox. Oblvion ran fine at medium on my PC but I doubt Skyrim will and I have no plans to upgrade it any time soon. Plus to be honest I got burnt out by mod management so I am content with what I got... Occasionally I can just snipe a necromancer from my deck I guess. :tongue:

I had the same fear when I bought Skyrim - and I play on a a laptop. I didn't think it would run, my friends were even like, "hell no it won't run!" but I wanted it bad enough that, after a lot of back and forth, I preordered it from Steam the day before 11-11-11. I thought it would take days to download and then run like crap.

In fact, it took an hour to download and it runs great! Better than Oblivion even, which I still have installed. Granted, I have 4 gig of ram, etc., but I usually get 20-30 FPS anywhere in the game (according to FRAPS). Of course, I don't use the hi-rez texture set (that cut it back to less than 20). And I ** think ** my video settings are on high. I've had friends say that Skyrim looks better on my Mac than it does on their Xbox (but the screen resolution is higher, etc.)

Years ago, I bought Morrowind for console, and then bought it again for computer. Once I figured out how to play on computer, I never looked back. I even gave my console to my nephew. For Oblivion, I went right to computer - and my Oblivion install is huge: FCOM, etc., and takes up 30+ gigs on my hard drive.

Right now, I'm just running some basic gameplay mods for Skyrim and all the DLC. I've got the better map, Live Another Life, Skyrim Uncapper, a mod of my own that lets me train like we could in Morrowind (without caps), and my recently discovered favorite mod of ALL TIME: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15899. (A cheat? Perhaps, but how many clicks with a mouse on nightshade does it take to make one human life complete).

I'll never go back to console. Never.

Edit: Although I will admit, mod management is a bit of a pain right now. Every time Bethesda releases an update, my game quits working for a few hours until the SKSE gets released. :(
Chloe Lou

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Right now, I'm just running some basic gameplay mods for Skyrim and all the DLC. I've got the better map, Live Another Life, Skyrim Uncapper, a mod of my own that lets me train like we could in Morrowind (without caps), and my recently discovered favorite mod of ALL TIME: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15899. (A cheat? Perhaps, but how many clicks with a mouse on nightshade does it take to make one human life complete).

LOL, I can imagine how creepy it must be when you walk through Solitude and all the flowers disappear as you pass... the people must wonder if you're some kind of daedra of famine! Or.. "My, what a beautifully planted garde.. oops.. sorry!"
Krystina Proietti

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:29 am

LOL, I can imagine how creepy it must be when you walk through Solitude and all the flowers disappear as you pass... the people must wonder if you're some kind of daedra of famine! Or.. "My, what a beautifully planted garde.. oops.. sorry!"

Oh, it's even worse than you imagine. You walk along a road, through a Falmer cave, whatever, and you can see the ingredients disappear. It's slow - sometimes I have to stand in one spot for a couple of minutes while all the ingredients come to me . . . you can watch them scrolling down your screen . . .

However, you do have to remember to take off the amulet before you enter your home or every ingredient that you've placed on display and every ingredient in every storage container . . . zaps! . . . right into you inventory.

Since you get everything, it's admittedly a bit of a cheat. Moreover, it's easy to obtain, but I roleplay around that by requiring my character to play 2000 gold for it and another 2000 for the spell. But it's money well spent, since having the amulet is good for my gameplay mental health. Since downloading that mod, I've not gone half out of my freakin' mind trying to catch some damn dragonflies. And butterflies. And fish. They are caught for you. :)
Petr Jordy Zugar

Return to V - Skyrim