[REL] Tamriel Rebuilt Pluginless Head and Hair Replacer

Post » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:05 am

Download available at http://www.gamesas.com/redirect.php?site=http://www.wolflore.net!
(before you ask, no, you don't need to be registered to download it)

A little something I did for personal use, and now released after some request for it.
Should be clean and nicely packaged, but if you have any problems with it let me know.

A big thank you to TR team, Westly and people who worked on Better Heads.
Enjoy!

Copy & Paste from the readme, below:

Spoiler

The Elder Scrolls III
MORROWIND
Tamriel Rebuilt Pluginless Head & Hair Replacer

Index:
1. Description
2. Installation
3. Known Issues
4. Credits

DESCRIPTION

This simple mod replaces the vanilla-style heads and hairs added by Tamriel Rebuilt, "upgrading" them to present-day standards set by the modding community.
The heads and hairs used are from Westly Master Headpack and this mod REQUIRES it to be installed to work (it's not necessary to check the plugin, though; you just need to have the files from Westly's mod correctly installed).
A single model (and texture) is from Better Heads.
I've tried to stay as close as possible to the look of the original faces replaced; however, graphical replacers are higly subjective, so it's mostly a matter of personal taste.
If you don't like something, feel free to replace the file(s) you don't like to something more to your liking.
I made this mod for personal use and released it because I've had a few requests for it. I'm happy if someone find it enjoyable, but it's released mostly in a "as is" way. I'll try and correct any possible mistakes (though there shouldn't be any), but don't expect me to custom-tailor it to your taste. :tongue:
All the credits go to Westly for his amazing work, to the people in the TR team and to the team who created Better Heads.
This little mod is intended as an "homage" and token of appreciation to them. There's no wish on my part to take credit for someone else's work.

INSTALLATION

Simply drop the "meshes" and "textures" folders into you "morrowind\data files" directory, let it overwrite (there are no files actually overwritten, just the folders structure) and you're done.
To uninstall, go into data files\meshes\tr and delete the "B" folder. The game will then go back to using the original TR heads and hairs.
If you are NOT using Better Heads and don't want a single texture lingering around, you can also go to data files\textures\BH and delete "BH_DS_RG_M_h04.dds"; if you do, you are a bit of a nitpicker, though. :tongue:
Being pluginless, this mod has no effect at all on save games.
This mod REQUIRES both TR properly installed AND Westly's Master Headpack (for the latter, it's not necessary to have the plugin checked).

KNOWN ISSUES

The following heads and hairs are currently NOT replaced, for lack of an alternative model.
TR_de_m_hair_003
TR_de_m_hair_004
These are "bald" dark elf male hairstyles. Only thing changing from the one similar style in vanilla is earrings. I don't know of mods that have that kind of hairstyles, if you do let me know.
TR_pb_de_head07_blind
TR_pb_de_head08_blind
These are dark elf male heads with blind eyes, both of them. As above, I left them as they are for lack of models to replace them with.

CREDITS

As I wrote, all the credits go to TR team and Westly (but for a model, see below). I just selected what heads and hairs to use, and copied them in the right place.
All the meshes and textures are from Westly's Master Headpack. From his readme:

"Original face models by Rhedd & Robert (I am extremely thankful), in some instances, altered by Westly.
1 Orc head mesh by Rhedd altered by Regan (tusks) Thank You!
Orc male had mesh by IronF. Thank You!
Hair Meshes by Ren (from the Beauty Shop, Jenova's Child, and Oblivion Beauty pack respectively). Thank You!
Male hair Meshes and 1 female Orc mesh by Gorg. Thank You!
Male hair meshes by Darksharp. Thank You!
Hair Meshes by Rhedd and those that are unaltered use original textures by Allerleirauh. Legendary Thank You!
Argonian horn meshes by Silaria. Thank You!
Textures by Westly"

The male Readguard with a blind eye (TR_Redguard_m_barman) comes from Better Heads. Thanks to Tealpanda for directing me to this model, and to Kyteflyer61 for being so kind to provide me a copy of this mod.
Credits, from the original Better Heads readme:

"Very big thanks to the following individuals whose efforts both prior and current helped make this project successful.
Fariel from the Better Bodies team for helping to coordinate color matching between our 2 mods.
Models done by:
Rhedd, Arathrax and Gorg
Textures selected from released works by:
Allerleirauh, Wormgod, Don Salus, Hellkitty, Eternum, Nomad, Mantodea, Sheikizza, Astarsis, Zuldazug, Noviere, Silaria, CanadianIce, Motoki, Arathrax, and Gorg
New textures done by:
Arathrax and Gorg
Inspiration for some textures taken from:
Cymoril, Carnithus, Jeremy and Texture Freak
Inspiration for some models taken from:
Lora and Nomad
All textures have been tweaked to ensure consistent color tint within an acceptable range for each race (color should work with Bethseda original bodies, Maboroshi's Natural Bodies and Better Bodies (thanks to Fariel who send me images of the better bodies textures), additionally eyes and mouths have been adjusted where needed to ensure clean blink and talk animations for the heads.
A thank you also goes out to Zenorf, Neuman, the aforementioned Fariel for welcoming me to their site and giving Better Heads a new name, board and host website and in general for all their generousity and kindess. A very special thanks to Big Hair for making the webpage for Better Heads at http://www.psychodogstudios.net/betterheads .
Special thanks to all the morrowind community for your support and patience.
A very very big applause for Bethesda for creating such a great game !!!"

As far as I am concerned, feel free to tweak this mod, or completely redo it, and release a different version. No need to ask for permission on my part, but always remember to give credit to those who deserve it.
My thanks to Tealpanda, Kyteflyer61, Dana Nova Darko, Jac and the other people at Wolflore (http://www.wolflore.net/) for advice, testing and general support.
Sophie Morrell

Post » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:47 am

what about the one from JRK?

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1380688-relz-tamriel-rebuilt-sacred-east-10-2/page__view__findpost__p__21051330
Solina971

Post » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:59 am

Guess it all boils down to whether folks like pluginless replacers with extra meshes and textures or plugin replacers without other files :biggrin:. Also, looks like your replacer takes care of hairs, whereas mine doesn't touch hairs at all. For the users, looks like they just get more variety!

EDIT: Wait, what's the status of permissions on those files?
Ross

Post » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:52 am

To use Rayms you need Westly's master head pack, JRK, so permissions aren't an issue. All Raym did was rename the meshes, which don't appear to have been made by Westly based on his readme. He did not include the textures, which are Westly's, hence the need to have the MHP as well.

@P?O_KILO: there's no rule against having multiple mods that do the same thing. If you prefer JRK's mod, so be it, but when I saw your question, my first thought was "what about it?" In other words, the fact that a different version of this idea has already been done is irrelevant.
Laura Tempel

Post » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:28 am

To use Rayms you need Westly's master head pack, JRK, so permissions aren't an issue. All Raym did was rename the meshes, which don't appear to have been made by Westly based on his readme. He did not include the textures, which are Westly's, hence the need to have the MHP as well.

@P?O_KILO: there's no rule against having multiple mods that do the same thing. If you prefer JRK's mod, so be it, but when I saw your question, my first thought was "what about it?" In other words, the fact that a different version of this idea has already been done is irrelevant.

what i meant by that was "what are the differences?" which JRK already answered on the above psot..
Vickytoria Vasquez

Post » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:15 am

Guess it all boils down to whether folks like pluginless replacers with extra meshes and textures or plugin replacers without other files :biggrin:. Also, looks like your replacer takes care of hairs, whereas mine doesn't touch hairs at all. For the users, looks like they just get more variety!
Ditto. :wink:
It's not like the Internet is going to run out of space if we host two similar mods! :biggrin:
Of course, I also think that most likely we haven't used the same faces... so it will be a matter of personal taste which one one like the best.

I think the rest has already been answered. :smile:
Ysabelle

Post » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:33 am

Got it, innovative stuff there!
Chantelle Walker

Return to III - Morrowind