A Teleport portal - How?

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:31 am

Hi. Iv an idea going on and Id like to create a teleport portal - something like an oblivion gate (but not one), where the player and any other NPC walks through a gate, between two towers, whatever, and is teleported to another location.

Trouble is, I'm not sure where to start. Can anyone give me a pointer please.

cheers

MVK
Assumptah George

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:03 am

It's just a "door" that is activated by a trigger other than direct activation - i.e you don't have to click something. Typically with a trigger zone, which is activated by the player entering it, but you could use a floor plate or any other method of indirecting the door activation. Look at the various descriptions around of how to set up a trap, the same mechanisms will work for this.

And incidentally, an Oblivion gate acts more like a regular door, because you DO need to click on it. Walking through doesn't activate it, although there is a mod around to make it do so, which may be a good source of "how to". The name "Walking to Oblivion" rings a bell somewhere, but that might just be a thread title.
Mr. Ray

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:41 pm

Thanks ghastley - Ill get on that later

MVK
jasminĪµ

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:24 am

Iv been playing with this, but I cant seem to get the script right. I want to be able to move/teleport the player and any NPC that runs into the zone to a specific location, but so far all Iv managed to do is to lock up the game!

Can anyone give any advice about how to script this?

cheers

MVK
Chad Holloway

Return to IV - Oblivion