Tenpenny Tower and those silly silly zom...ghouls.

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:31 am

Possible spoilers. But realistically speaking, if you havn't played this game by now...where the hell have you been? Bout time you jumped on the wagon.

Now I know I'm a bit late, I've had this game sense it's release and I've played it so much I'm surprised my 360 hasn't liquidized the disc. But with the release of New Vegas impending, I decided to go back and get my mutie killing, raider obliterating, and wastelander torturing reestablished. Now I generally play the game the exact, or close to it, same way every time. I like to be the antihero, although technically speaking that's not possible. You're either good or bad. That's not really the point of my thread, but since I'm on the subject I might as well stay a while. If you want to get right to the subject at hand skip to the 3rd paragraph. If you're not in a rush and curious to my thought then just keep reading as normal.

I don't have too many gripes about the game. But the thing that sticks out in my mind throughout the game, and is emphasized by sir Three Dog, is your morality. Or more specifically, the choices you make to get that morality. No matter what my past choices where or what I did quest wise, If I'm bad or good at the time thats how I'm portrayed. Lets say for every quest I choose to take the good route, so what Three Dog has to say when pertained to the quest is positive. But I do enough minor negative things to maintain an evil disposition. Even though I've done all these wonderful things, Three Dog still treats me as some hell bound degenerate (or vice versa). It's kind of weird because he opens up calling me a demon spawn, then when he comments on what I've done it's all roses and dandelions. Really? Three Dog you're confusing me brother. If your're evil (or good) and complete quests for positive (or negative) karma, rather than comment pure negativity Three Dog could have been a little more diverse. Too late to modify it now, but it would be nice for future installments if you weren't just morally qualified in black or white. There are some gray areas in between, and those would probably be the funniest comments to hear.

Now about that tower. Normally I don't blow up megaton, I know it's a game but I'd feel guilty. Not this time, I set that nuke off and watched the [censored] burn. Was quite spectacular really. And since I decided to get on Tenpenny's good side I decide to not let the ghouls take over the tower. Which is my normal choice, it's pretty funny to see how trashed the place gets and the ferals run through killing everybody. But this time I decided to go a different route, I was about to just kill all the ghouls but I wanted the mask so I decided to check on the outcome of that choice. Didn't like it. So I decided to convince the residents to let them move in. And yaaay mask. With the ghoul mask and shady hat I feel like Freddy Krueger, I ain't the one to [censored] with. Now I also knew the result of this would basically be the same as if I had let the ghouls take over anyway. So to attempt to keep that from happening, I killed every ghoul in Tenpenny Tower. Making sure Mr Roy met the business end of my Alien Disentigrator, messed his whole day up. Well, rest of his life really. They hadn't been in the tower 10 mins before I killed them all, chief Gustavo just watched. Was pretty funny. With all the ghouls dead, especially with the ringleader dead, I felt my fellow residence would be safe. Negative. I come back a couple days later and it's a ghost hotel. Nobody left alive, save Mr. Burke. How he escaped calamity I do not know. I open the door to the basemant and as I walk in a dozen or more bodies explode (which was [censored] awesome btw) as a single feral ghoul walks around for the last remaining 2 seconds it had left to live. What I want to know is, how did that one feral massacre ALL the residents and guards of Tenpenny Tower. Where the hell did it even come from, metro access is still locked. Roy is dead so he didn't get it in. WTH Bethesda? If people are gonna be dying in massive quantities and I'm not the cause, damnit I wanna know what is. But seriously, is it like possible to patch that and fix it, it's kinda weird.
James Baldwin

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:55 am

I think that's cool. I'd just put it down to one of the quirks of the Wasteland and move on to your next mission. It makes for a different experience every time.
M!KkI

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:10 am

I think that's cool. I'd just put it down to one of the quirks of the Wasteland and move on to your next mission. It makes for a different experience every time.

Which part, the dozen exploding corpses? That was pretty awesome. Still, I worked hard...relatively speaking, to save my fellow tenets. To no avail, and now I have an empty tower to myself. No shops, no life, no nothing. But Burke... and I'm tempted to do him in since he doesn't do anything.
Katie Samuel

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:10 pm

All of it. One of the things I love about Fallout is the random way things can turn out for good or bad. Even though things didn't turn out as expected it still sounds like a cool experience. A twilight zone episode, night of the gouls or something.
Charlie Ramsden

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:48 am

All of it. One of the things I love about Fallout is the random way things can turn out for good or bad. Even though things didn't turn out as expected it still sounds like a cool experience. A twilight zone episode, night of the gouls or something.

Don't get me wrong, it was awesome and totally unexpected. I have a decently big TV so watching those corpses blow spilling blood and guts everywhere was spectacular. Am I the only person that has a save outside Tenpenny's suite with the megaton detonator ready so I can blow megaton up anytime I want. It never gets old, and doing it at night looks awesome.

I do wish they had done a little more with Three Dog and what he says about you. It would be cool to play an evil character and do something good like....save the kids at Paradise Falls. Then listen to Three Dog comment on it something like...

"You won't believe what happened this time! That devil from vault 101 has been going around terrorizing the wasteland harder than a raider jacked up on Psycho. But even with all that murder and mayhem he still has time to go give some boot to face diplomacy with the slavers. That's right, that devil made his way to Paradise Falls stirring up yet even more trouble and carnage. But even in the midst of all that murder he still had time to save some kids. That devil may be a bastard, but he's a bastard with a heart. If you're a kid that is. Thanks for listening chiillldren...blah blah"

Its just kinda weird when he talks about you, and what you did and the two don't correlate.

EDIT:
I see my post was moved, sorry for posting in the wrong forum. It wasn't intentional =P
Lew.p

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:38 am

I do wish they had done a little more with Three Dog and what he says about you. It would be cool to play an evil character and do something good like....save the kids at Paradise Falls. Then listen to Three Dog comment on it something like...

"You won't believe what happened this time! That devil from vault 101 has been going around terrorizing the wasteland harder than a raider jacked up on Psycho. But even with all that murder and mayhem he still has time to go give some boot to face diplomacy with the slavers. That's right, that devil made his way to Paradise Falls stirring up yet even more trouble and carnage. But even in the midst of all that murder he still had time to save some kids. That devil may be a bastard, but he's a bastard with a heart. If you're a kid that is. Thanks for listening chiillldren...blah blah"

Its just kinda weird when he talks about you, and what you did and the two don't correlate.

EDIT:
I see my post was moved, sorry for posting in the wrong forum. It wasn't intentional =P

Damn that was pretty good Three Dog impression. And I do hear what your saying, and I am sure that now Bethesda has had all the this time to go over Fallout 3,read through the forums, and look over all the things they missed on, they will make sure NV will probably try to stop things like that from happening(I Hope). And maybe they will have some sort of other Three Dog, Maybe......Four Dog. who has a cooler voice and I can bribe/threaten him to stf-u about me. And he wont say the same thing 80 time in a row. And Make more sense. But I liked that thing about the bodies exploding. Cool stuff. Cool stuff....
Charlotte Lloyd-Jones

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:53 pm

Damn that was pretty good Three Dog impression. And I do hear what your saying, and I am sure that now Bethesda has had all the this time to go over Fallout 3,read through the forums, and look over all the things they missed on, they will make sure NV will probably try to stop things like that from happening(I Hope). And maybe they will have some sort of other Three Dog, Maybe......Four Dog. who has a cooler voice and I can bribe/threaten him to stf-u about me. And he wont say the same thing 80 time in a row. And Make more sense. But I liked that thing about the bodies exploding. Cool stuff. Cool stuff....

Thanks, was trying to go for realism :) Fallout 3 is a massive game, and for the most part I love it. I think I like it more than Oblivion (where the hell is The Elder Scrolls 5 Bethesda?) and that's saying a lot, I love that damn game. With that said, Bethesda and it's other teams can only improve, a company like Bethesda is not going to put out a worse product than the previous one. So I'm very excited for New Vegas. Hopefully they've improved upon areas that could have used a little polishing, the commendation was one of them. So I hope you're right and they have examined the forums and too heed to ideas and suggestions of the community. Because yeah, Three Dog had his...issues.
chirsty aggas

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:09 pm

Thanks, was trying to go for realism :) Fallout 3 is a massive game, and for the most part I love it. I think I like it more than Oblivion (where the hell is The Elder Scrolls 5 Bethesda?) and that's saying a lot, I love that damn game. With that said, Bethesda and it's other teams can only improve, a company like Bethesda is not going to put out a worse product than the previous one. So I'm very excited for New Vegas. Hopefully they've improved upon areas that could have used a little polishing, the commendation was one of them. So I hope you're right and they have examined the forums and too heed to ideas and suggestions of the community. Because yeah, Three Dog had his...issues.

True Dat. Most of us are waiting on the release of NV.. Countin down the days... Minutes... Seconds... Anyways I heard a little rumor that shortly after the release of Fallout: New Vegas Bethesda is planning on unveiling a new project that has been under wrap for quite some time. So that will keep you hoping for the media unveiling of Elder Scrolls 5 each day your wiping of the mutie population in New Vegas. Cheers :celebration:
Taylor Tifany

Return to Fallout 3