TES V Ideas and Suggestions #150

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:38 pm

In TES V, bring back the werewolves and maybe some other "super" creature. I like the variety and challenge of the "super" creatures.

Second idea, brainstorm!: Random NPCs!
Imagine a world populated with completely random NPCs that changed every time you started a new game. Obviously, the essential NPCs would have to remain the same, but the rest could be generated using a algorithm that would pick from a pool of names, races, voice types, personality and clothes. There would obviously need to be certain fixed parameters within the random algorithm so that you wouldn't end up with a High elf named Burg gro-Kash.
This could give TES a whole new look and feel and if you added traveling NPCs (NPCs that come and go between towns and the game world itself) in addition the the Radiant AI, then Wow! The world would seem real.

That's My Nickel and Two Cents.

Want random NPCs, I reccommend DF. I personally like hand-placed stuff, shows the developers aren't sloppy.
Multi Multi

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:38 am

Want random NPCs, I reccommend DF. I personally like hand-placed stuff, shows the developers aren't sloppy.

Your should get the mod for oblivion that adds alot of random npc's and see how much it enhance the cities.
Franko AlVarado

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:04 pm

Well in Fallout 3 they kinda fixed it, you could get information based oon your attributes if they are high enough.

Example:

Can you tell me where X is locadet?
[Strenth] You tell me where X is now, or things might get bad!
[Intelligens] It could be for your own safety if you tell me where X is locaded.

Exactly, I'm hoping bethesda will (And I doubt they won't) use all they've learned from Fallout 3, that game was miles ahead of oblivion in terms of choices and roleplaying. The conversations were much better and more varied, and I hope to see something even better in TES 5.

I know Bethesda is capable of it, and the only reason I've been so harsh on oblivion in past posts is that I know they can do much better. :)
sarah taylor

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:29 am

Closing time. I'll be back in a bit to a link to 151.
http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1070974
Amanda Furtado

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion