TES Lore Questions

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:59 am

Well i've been thinking and shh i know i know.. It's not good to always think about stuff, but i did it anyway. So here are some questions i've thought about regarding the lore.

1. Where did the gods come from ?

How did padomay and Anu come to exist ? Where they just there ? The khajiit say that they "entred the void" does that mean anything ?

2. Where are the gods ?

Are the Aedra gone ? It seems like they don't really care for Nirn or maybe that's just me, or are they not able to interact at all with the world ?

3. The other planets

How where the other planets formed ? They all have names of one of the original 8 devinies so are they pieces of the gods ? (except for talos poor guy he never got his own planet ): came late to the party.)

4. What exactly is Atherius ?

What is atherious and what is it's function ? How would it look like ?

That's all i've got for now, please give me your answears or your hypothesis. In addition to your own questions and thoughts of course !

P.s i'll type any questions i can think about in the future as well. Bye bye.

J.P loves

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:34 pm

1. Anu and Padomay are the primeval forces of the cosmogony. Like in many other mythologies they don't have a start (such as Chaos and Gaia in Greek mythology or the Brahman in Hinduism). Of course, if you believe in the godhead and the Amaranth then everything is a dream of some other being and all actors are figments of this being's imagination.

2. The creation of the Mundus was a extremely distressing event and the Aedra had to sacrifice most of their power and physical essence to stabilise the newborn world. Most Aedra were completely consumed and their essence became the world and what is essentially the laws of nature. Some of the more powerful ones retained some personality but are still limited to mostly interacting with the world though their connection to it.

3. The planets are the remaining physical bodies of those Aedra that were powerful enough to not be entirely consumed by their participation in the creation of the world. They aren't physical objects and are separate from the material plane, thus are infinitely large and the laws of nature that apply to Nirn don't apply to them. The mental stress of a mortal attempting to perceive something which the normal laws of physics and topology don't apply to causes them to appear as simple spheres to a mortal observer.

4. The Aetherius is simply the part of the Aurbis (the plane of potential, the intersection of Anu and Padomay) which is neither the Mundus, nor the void of Oblivion. It is a neverending discharge of magical energy as the infinite immutability of Anu clashes with the infinite change of Padomay.

Campbell

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:15 am

I see. Thx for the explanasions. Anything you might want to add ?

Emily Martell

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion