TES2: full armor sets

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:10 am

LONG time ago I had almost a full Daedric set with only Dwarven gauntlets. Actually, I restart the game too often to get full sets, and I'm satisfied with Steel, since it looks so damn good.

And I don't wear a helmet, I rather see my characters face and hair... Same thing in Battlespire.

Let's see what the results will be. Shame on Morrowind, where you can get full Glass and Daedric sets by only knowing where to look, and double shame on Oblivion where you almost get drowned in phat loot, wanted it or not.
Allison C

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:52 pm

I have had - a full set of iron, dwarven, and at one point(a long while back) daedric...well, I might have been missing the boots, but it was pretty close. :)

Helmets: Just depends on what I'm doing. In town, I usually take my helmet off, since I will not be fighting(though this changes on a few quests, or when I'm a werewolf/boar). Sometimes, I put some normal clothes on my character for screenshots...or just because I want to, so the helmet comes of then, as well.
Sophie Louise Edge

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:58 pm

You KNOW I posted just so I could brag again about my set of silver.
Kortknee Bell

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:34 pm

With one character I was able to get a full suit of most kinds of armor except for Adamantium and Orcish. Daedric I actually consider easy to put together because you can buy so much of it from the Mage's Guild with great enchantments on it already. Ebony, while easier to get than in Arena, is still a monster to collect. Silver is also pretty tough.
xemmybx

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:11 pm

So, none of them is impossible :) Nice.
Talitha Kukk

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:59 pm

So, none of them is impossible :) Nice.

Silver is close to impossible.
Emmanuel Morales

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:03 pm

I found my last deadric item today! It was a Kite shield and somehow it has the same defense like a normal iron Kite shield, strange...
Avril Louise

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:35 pm

I found my last deadric item today! It was a Kite shield and somehow it has the same defense like a normal iron Kite shield, strange...

Shield material doesn't change protection ratings. It does increase the weight, by a lot at the upper end, but this is balanced by the increase to magical capacity.
tegan fiamengo

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:02 am

That's sorta stupid.
BRIANNA

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:34 pm

You KNOW I posted just so I could brag again about my set of silver.

Silver is close to impossible.

I sort of got your point already :D

Indeed, I'd like to see really RARE armor materials in TES5.
Charlie Sarson

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:18 pm

I sort of got your point already :D

That silver is really hard to get?

Yeah, it is. Really hard. To get.

Not silver weapons, though. Those are easy. Just the armor.
laila hassan

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:04 am

I just go the basics. I usually wear a cloak and try to use ranged attacks, so a helmet is optional.
anna ley

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:02 pm

Yeah sometimes I use only brown robe, brown boots and leather gauntlets. A brown staff perfects the appearance of the wanderer <3

More votes, please. I'm still having a feeling that some of you are lying :/ I mean, I've never had more than half of the silver pieces...
Claire

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Oh, some of them are most certainly lying, or at least mistaken.

Actually, I find that getting high level actually hurts your finding of the higher materials save daedric. Once you really get up there, finding daedric is a piece of cake, so much that it seems to bump the other materials out of the way. Do you agree with that assessment? Seems like you'd need a good luck skill and level VERY slowly, such that you go through many enemies and such before you get higher level.

The only full suit of orcish I've ever had is the one I hacked. I usually just find weapons. Maybe only came across 4 or 5 pieces of orcish in the history of playing.
David John Hunter

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:22 pm

One of my proudest accomplishments in this game is my collection of full suit of Adamantium armor, and almost a full suit of Ebony (by the same character)

Adamentium and Ebony are the coolest looking armors in the game.
Vera Maslar

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:04 am

Actually, I find that getting high level actually hurts your finding of the higher materials save daedric.

My experience, which is relatively worthwhile on this particular topic, suggests at the very least that this is not necessarily true. I would go so far as to bet that it is not true at all. It would be very very difficult to prove, as you know.

In my laborious effort to get complete sets of all the armor, I rather quickly got complete sets of everything except silver, ebony, and orcish. I did eventually get complete sets of ebony and orcish, but silver...even I have my limits. Just a full set, non-matching. If it didn't look so much like elven and chain, it would've been easier, but heh, I did it so much it got to where I could tell silver from elven and chain just by looking.

And let's not even talk about sets of the supercharged armor. ;)
Gisela Amaya

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:51 pm

Ack! No leather or chain? :(

I play as an acrobat exclusively.
Rudy Paint fingers

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:53 am

I'm wearing elven boots, steel greaves, steel cuirass, steel pauldrons, a gold helmet that shows the face, and a formal cloak. I look like a freakin' viking! But I'm only like level 7, so I got a long way to go.
Jay Baby

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:16 am

I hate to be an annoying fellow here, but I'm sure one of the serious Daggerfall-heads would, off the top of their head (pun entirely intended) be able to state the weights of the four different shields for each material. :P

I hate to be annoying, but if someone does know them (even if not all), I'd really appreciate them. I know everyone says you can tell the material by looking for colour differences, but I'm not having luck in that department, and also by difference in weight. I've searched the forums, looked at the Beginner's Guide and the UESP, but to no avail. Admittedly, the UESP had some kind of table thingy about weighty things, but it made little sense to me (full of multiplying whatnot - I hate Maths!).
Maria Leon

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:32 am

Az:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Items#More_Notes_on_Item_Prices is useless without knowing the base weight for each item, so I don't blame you for being daunted ;)
Not to mention, but I'm not entirely convinced that table is actually correct. Seems odd to me that they would place steel and daedric at the same weight.
Agnieszka Bak

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:28 am

Seems odd to me that they would place steel and daedric at the same weight.

They do in fact weigh the same. And IIRC iron, mithril, adamantium, orcish, silver, and elven all weigh the same, leather and ebony weigh the same, and dwarven weighs the least.

I'm at work, but when I get home I'll try to remember to post exactly what Azileron wants.
Chica Cheve

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:54 am

Seems odd to me that they would place steel and daedric at the same weight.

They do in fact weigh the same. And IIRC iron, mithril, adamantium, orcish, silver, and elven all weigh the same, leather and ebony weigh the same, and dwarven weighs the least.

I'm at work, but when I get home I'll try to remember to post exactly what Azileron wants.

Aha, I must be confused and thinking of the later titles.

Well, then, seems that the weights of the armor won't help Azileron at all, if he's intending to use the weight to distinguish the materials.
Klaire

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:17 am

i was always partial to dwarven armor. maybe because for the longest time, my characters hardly past level 6, saves would corrupt.

a large part of the manual and the strateggy guide being incorrect, it didn't surprise me when the manual said dwarven was twice the weight of steel, only to be about half.
Sierra Ritsuka

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:48 pm

How about this, I remembered.

I hate to be an annoying fellow here, but I'm sure one of the serious Daggerfall-heads would, off the top of their head (pun entirely intended) be able to state the weights of the four different shields for each material.

Leather, ebony: buckler, 1; round shield, 2.25; kite shield, 3.75; tower shield, 6.25.
Dwarven: buckler, 1.5; round shield, 3.5; kite shield, 5.5; tower shield, 9.5.
Iron, daedric: buckler, 2.5; round shield, 5.5; kite shield, 9.25; tower shield, 15.5.
All others: buckler, 2; round shield, 4.5; kite shield, 7.5; tower shield, 12.5.

Many of them are still literally impossible to differentiate without trying to sell them, e.g., leather/chain/silver use the same picture, and although you can of course tell leather by the weight, chain vs. silver is an issue, and elven looks very similar if not exactly the same.

The rest are readily identifiable by color and/or weight.

Good luck finding a set of orcish. (Silver is surprisingly easy to acquire...it's the armor that's hard, not the shields.)
jess hughes

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:13 am

Thanks very much, Dr. Memory - even though those weights seem to be rather all over the place (must be one of those illogical logic things), it's helpful for knowing which shields to loot and which ones to not. Thanks!
Nana Samboy

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion