[REL] The Bare Necessities (Edited)

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:49 pm

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44399/?

This is an edited version of Destructor36's excellent needs mod "The Bare Necessities", version 1.1 which requires food, drink and sleep to avoid suffering serious attribute penalties.

Destructor has given me full permission to upload this edit.

So what's changed?

Hunger now drains Endurance and Intelligence. (Endurance in original)

Thirst now drains Agility and Willpower. (Strength in original)

Lack of sleep now drains Speed instead of Agility and Intelligence, and will begin to drain fatigue and magicka in gradual increments if you go more than a day without sleep.

Also all on screen satiation popups have been removed. You will have to manually check your status bars for satiety.

I wanted the mod to be more severe and more immersive, so made these edits.

Darrell Fawcett

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:01 pm

I first thought this was based on another mod with a similar name: Basic Needs. Because I used that one and it wasn't very good. This looks interesting, though, although I intend to use NOM in my next playthrough, whenever that will be.

x_JeNnY_x

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:44 pm

As a huge fan of needs mods, Bare necessities is easily the best needs mod, (and even better with my personal edits ;) ) And you can use this with NOM for a truly hardcoe sim, just make sure to disable NOM sleep script in the initial config. But tbh, I no longer use NOM because its penalties are so trivial next to the weight of the mod, and that Bare Necessities is so light and the penalties are much more severe to actually impact gameplay. NOM penalties are practically non existent.

Shaylee Shaw

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Sounds good! I'll certainly give it a try some time!

asako

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:20 am

Sorry but:

Look for the bare necessities,

The simple bare necessities,

Forget about your worries and your strife!

On a side not Awesome looking mod! :D

stevie trent

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:24 pm

Thanks for sharing. Just two questions: the original 1.1 version of The Bare Necessities requires http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43918/? to work properly. Also you will have to deactivate the 'Incorrect inventory sound fix' in the latest mcp beta, otherwise the mod will count every bottle of water or skooma etc you place in the world as if you had drunk it. Did you fix these errors in your edit?

Roy Harris

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:53 pm

Sorry Krokantor, I'm not using the latest MCP so couldn't answer that last question, but as for the weariness patch, I used that patch and it didn't work for me. However, my edit has only one penalty for sleep instead of two, which seemed to have reduced the occurence of the weariness bug. As I say in the readme, a quicksave before sleeping is good practise.

Destructor did fix the weariness bug in the latest version of his mod, but also added a bunch of other bugs arguably worse than the weariness bug, so as I see it, 1,1 is the best, lightest and most stable version of TBN.

If any skilled modders would like to tackle the weariness bug in version 1.1, I and other fans of this mod would be very grateful ;)

But its not that common a bug tbh, and if it does, simply quick loading and sleeping again will solve the problem.

Joie Perez

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:41 pm

Ethetan, hi. Thank you for this version, what i can actually use.

Can you ma?e compatibility patch for Morrowind Crafting also?

And even more, i would love to see wells like in NOM in all towns and villages, because drinking from swamps seems kinda unhealthy, lol. Plus, waterskin from NOM, from which you can drink multiple times, and it will not disappear, just become empty. And compatibility with some mods, what NOM has, like Creatures XI and Real Wildlife.

Ofcourse this just what i think need to be in The Bare Necessities so it can become best needs mod for Morrowind.
Arnold Wet

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:42 pm

I'm thinking I like the edits you've done here. Will be trying this out--also with NoM, as it never occurred to me that you could use both. Also, I might be imagining it, but I thought I read somewhere that the scripts in this mod were extremely inefficient and there was a much better way to implement them. I couldn't find the thread though but I thought it was pretty recent. No one quote me on that though since I'm not sure and don't want to be spreading something not true.

((EDIT: Okay found the http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1471567-share-your-load-list-mod-discovery-thread-2/page-3. I guess the scripting issue involves the recent version, not the 1.1 version used here, so all the more reason to use this then. :) ))

I agree with DaveCooper about the waterskin and wells. Constantly gathering bottles and jumping in water never did mesh well with me. But also realize all this extra tinkering might be beyond the scope of the mod you had in mind.

Man, thanks for this info. I actually ditched the mod last I played mainly because of this, having no idea it was an MCP conflict.

daniel royle

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:23 pm

You're very welcome, glad I could help. If the weariness patch doesn't work, add the following lines to mlox_user.txt:

[Order]

TheBareNecessities.esp

TheBareNecessities_BugFix.ESP

Then rerun mlox. This did the trick for me.

OnlyDumazzapplyhere

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:08 pm

I believe the mod is already compatible with MW crafting 'right out of the box'.

All vanilla wells (pelagiad, ebonheart) will provide water, I agree though a few more wells would be handy. The towns without wells usually have water nearby. Not realistic jumping into the sea in Gnaar Mok I agree, but I just imagine there is a town well. (Fisherman gotta drink :P) Also you can fill your bottles when its raining, just exit an interior and you'll get a popup.

Yeah a waterskin would be great ala NOM, but beyond my ability to mod I'm afraid. I agree though a few more minor tweaks and this could easily be the definitive needs mod.

Lexy Corpsey

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:49 pm

No, i think you need to hang a script from BN on to food from MC. At least, this how i imagine food work in this mod. You take ingridient what you think should be eatable and you hang script on to that ingridient.

Also, there is compatibility patch with MC for 1.2 version of BN, so that is why i assumed there must have been patch for your version of BN.
Manny(BAKE)

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:38 pm

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44399/?

Hunger will now apply a gradually increasing Burden to the player the longer they go without food, as well as the previous mentioned penalties. This was partly to compensate for the removal of strength penalty, and also for increased hunger penalties in general.

He got the

Return to III - Morrowind