The Burrows

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:26 pm

Hey, I know Chris can't comment on this one way or another, but I thought I'd stir up some thoughts on this. If you have read the FO Bibles you prob know what The Burrows are, if not I'll give you a lil summary.

NW of where The Glow was located in the original FO, was a planned location that was to be inhabited by intelligent and english speaking mutated racoons. The idea was full y fleshed out, however invariably it was cut by Tim Cain who felt that the content didn't really fit the FO world they were trying to create.

Now on to my question, as we all know MMOs require ALOT of content, and people absorb and get bored of this content very quickly. With the need for a lot of content and more creatures than were in the original FOs, do you think we may seem some intelligent racoons?

I suspect we will at least see Geckos, however I doubt we will see intelligent deathclaws (as xarn and goris were supposed to be last). But I wonder if we will see any Racoons.
Alkira rose Nankivell

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:37 am

well their were those talking mole rats in fallout 2 .... remember, they secretly ran the powerplant by vault city. hay, "OC" ..... i got something for ya right here! _|_ (^.^) _|_

"MMO-RPG" = "Mass Market Oriented - Repetitive Profit Genera"
- damned things still svcked me in ...
.X chantelle .x Smith

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:47 am

true but these were completely different, there were gonna even use tools and such. I doubt we will see any more intelligent mole rats though, but never know!
Ray

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:29 pm

Not to be a di-... part of male anatomy, but I think the idea of intelligent, tool using super raccoons is kind of silly and not really pertain to the Fallout world.
TRIsha FEnnesse

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:17 am

Tim Cain was right, it doesn't fit the setting. The Vault - Fallout Wiki * Fallout Online * Fallout IRC Channel * Fallout: New Vegas
Harinder Ghag

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:25 pm

Indeed, indeed.
Talking Deathclaws were enough
Chelsea Head

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:06 am

I don't see a problem with talking deathclaws, raccoons, or geckos. Haven't you eve seen the brahmin say, "Moo, I say!"

Fallout follows a type of mythology that began in the 1940's at the dawn of the nuclear age.
Radiation causes things to;
1. grow gigantic
2. grow extra limbs
3. endow ordinary creatures with strange powers
4. become sterile

I think a few talking racoons would be pretty interesting
Dragonz Dancer

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:54 pm

Like the alien space craft, the talking cows were an easter egg joke and not ment to be canon.... of course things have been known to change and what is not canon may later become canon or vice versa.
Ice Fire

Return to Othor Games