The Capital Wasteland

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:47 am

THE CAPITAL WASTELAND

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WADSWORTH-LOG:0000
A daily log was recommended by MASTER KYRON NOGRAD to keep track of things around the house and to keep him up to speed with situations when he is away. This log is now required to be completed and dates will not be recorded. As well all logs from MASTER CHARRON and MASTER KYRON NOGRAD are private and may not be viewed by any other until either or both masters have demised

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KYRON NOGRAD-LOG:0354
Its almost been a year. It's December 5 2277 and I have fully adapted to wasteland life.

KYRON NOGRAD-LOG:0355
Word of a rampant slave from The Pitt terrorizing some of the folks near the market has reached me. I think I'll head over there in a few days.

KYRON NOGRAD-LOG:0356
You know I don't even recall my birthday. It's not even been a year and I have forgotten my birthday.

KYRON NOGRAD-LOG:0357
I have quite the reputation now. I was talking to three dog recently and he told me about some survivors coming to visit him...hoping to meet me. It's kind of weird. Not only a 11 months ago I was all alone with not even a rifle to my name. Now...now i have friends, family and the best gear you can buy in the wasteland it's funny what can drive a person.

CHARRON-LOG:0132
That smooth skin contractor of mine keeps trying to be my FRIEND well [censored] him he's just another bigot smooth skin who tries to be nice. All I want is a flask of whiskey and some ammo then Ill be happy. In fact I'll only find happiness in a warm gun with the zing from a shot of booze.

CHARRON-LOG:0133
Kyron came back today from another [censored] mission without me. All I am doing here is taking care of his stupid mutt.

CHARRON-LOG:0134
Maybe not all smooth skins are bigot pricks. Kyron brought back a nice piece of equipment for me...me. It's kinda cool it's an old Chinese stealth suit which he found from some simulation. Ha,haha playing [censored] video games if only I could get a hold on him. But still he's not that bad.

CHARRON-LOG:0135
[censored] ya, we went on a crazy chase today for an old assault rifle Xuanglong I think it was called. And after Kyron finished examining it he gave it to me, it aint no shotty but it aint bad.

CHARRON-LOG:0136
The smooth ski..I mean Kyron let me go to the pub today he said I didn't have to stay in the house all day. It was a cool experience you know I even met up with another goul I think his name was Gob well ya that's my log for the day.

DOGMEAT-LOG:0001

WADSWARTH-LOG:0243
TASKS INCOMPLETE-FEED dogmeat, WALK dogmeat, PREPARE food, kiL1 ChhaRRRo12198
TASKS COMPLETED-START inventory check, PREPARE equipment for KYRON and CHARRON

Kyron woke up from the constant panting of dogmeat and the low rumbles of Charron singing along to World On Fire from Galaxy News Radio on the Jukebox. When he sat up he smelt the burnt aroma of rubber and thruster fuel. He turned to see Wadsworth stretched out on the floor of his megaton home with a bullet in his thruster. This was a usual morning. Charron got up before the Wadsworth units activation at 5 am and startled him. Wadsworth started a security breach protocol and Charron gave him one shot to the thruster. Kyron repaired his butler unit and went up stairs to to get a spare gas tank. "Charron I'm heading to the market to pick up some more fuel and ammunition and I am going alone." "Sure..." Dogmeat then pushed the spare room door open and got a hold of a deathclaw hand. Kyron grabbed the hand threw it into the room and geared up in his mission box. He then left to the Canterbury Commons by himself with about 20,000 caps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARRON-LOG:0137
You crazy [censored] robot stop recording this you piece of [censored]! What the [censored] are you trying to do you [censored] rust bucket!?

When Kyron arrived at the commons market he was surprised when all of the traders he's invested in were sitting down in front of Uncle Roe's house. "What are you guys doing? Don't you have a route to be on?" Startled from Kyron's sudden outburst Crazy Wolfgang broke out "Screw that man there is a freak who got a hold of our routes and is following us every were!?" Unamused Kyron noticed that one of his investments was missing. "Were is Lucky?"

Doc Hoff being the most level headed of the merchants explained to Kyron that Lucky had split up from the group when they were all resting in Megaton. He handed Kyron a holotape with Lucky Hariths signature on it. "It's the last we have heard of him, he just took off." Kyron played the holotape on his pip-boy. "Guys I can't just sit around anymore. This...this freak is going around terrorizing all these traders and we haven't done anything about it! Well I have the best supply of weapons in the wasteland there isn't anything my guard Lee and I can't handle. I mean what idiot would attack a weapons trader...REALLY! But that's not why I am leaving. I'm getting hitched up north, this girl I met..sh...shes amazing. Well I'll see you guys soon." Kyron looked around and told the wandering traders to set up camp at the Commons for a wee but then they have to continue with their routes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grateful for the break they all thanked Kyron and dropped their inventory off at Roe's and then rented out a room at the newly established New-Market Hotel. Just about as Kyron was leaving Crazy Wolfgang ran out and started to yell for Kyron to wait. "Listen buddy, if you find that our...uh business associate Lucky is dead...um...can..you..uh give me his inventory...you know if someone else didn't take it first? I mean come on, selling random crap is OK and all but you and I both know that it's the weapons that brings home the caps right? So what do ya say?" "Sure Wolfgang but I plan on finding Harith alive." Kyron then turned around and walked away. "Ya...sure thing...boss." Crazy Wolfgang then went back to the hotel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thinking of all possible locations to the north were someone could possibly get married Kyron remembered about the Oasis and the great relationship they had with wandering traders. He then marked it down on his Pip-Boy map and set off for the north. Four days later Kyron had finally arrived at the Oasis. He opened the gate and to his surprise he saw Lucky Harith sitting down on a wooden bench crying.

As he approached him he noticed a small slender woman walk over and draqe a small blanket over him. He couldn't help but over hear them talking. "It's all right honey...YOUR all right honey." Harith was slowly falling asleep and crying at the same time. "Were getting married next week there is no need to worry...we will be happy...we can live here together, just drop the damn trading route and we can live here in the Oasis." "I know but that route is all I have...was all...I had. He didn't even make a noise. He just smashed Lee's head an..and shot Ol'Bess in the forehead...WHY...WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS! [censored]!" "Just go to bed you'll feel better in the morning." Harith got up and still weeping walked deep into the forest into a small hut he and his wife had built. Kyron walked over and apologized for her husbands loss. "You know Lee was his best man. Were getting married on the 15th you know. That's only in a few days." Kyron sat down beside her also asking himself why the 15th seemed so significant.

"What's your name I haven't seen you here before." "My names Marie, I came from Rivet City. I left because I hated being held up in that stinky wet boxed in ship so I waited until the traveling merchants passed by. It just happened to be Harry that time, and I followed him and his caravan. I was out of site for the most part but during my, our travels a radscorpion snuck up on me and stung me. Well every thing went blank and I woke up here in Harry's arms. I love him but his line of work is too dangerous and I only see him when he passes by here, he can't keep doing this." Kyron let sink in everything he had just heard. "Let me think about it for a little bit, but on to the attack...did he tell you were it happened?" Marie swept a tear away. "Yes, it happened by Rock Breakers Last Gas. Please you need to find this bastard and kill him before he hurts anyone else." Marie gave Kyron a hug and thanked him, she then went off to bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kyron saw a small cot nearby that no one was using so he went to lay down for the night. He couldn't sleep though. Whenever he was about to fall asleep he thought about that date December 15th. He knew there was something else to that date but he just couldn't put his finger on it. As well Kyron thought to himself about the decision he had to take. "Either I can go back to Megaton, get Charon and borrow a brahmin then head out on a trading route to try and lure the marauder into a trap, though that could take weeks and the more time it takes the more lives that could be lost. Or I could head out for Rock Breakers Last Gas and investigate the area for a hint to find the caravan thief, but I may be overpowered I mean...if this guy can take on whole caravans what chance have I got. Also if I were able to take him down fast then I could also look into that slave from The Pitt who I've heard is by Rivet City [censored] I should also go to the wedding [censored] what the [censored] should I do. If I am going to make a decision it better be quick."

CHARRON-LOG:0138
Dogmeat go to 101 this place aint safe no more with this [censored]in bot around. SCRAM!! Listen botty shut that [censored] off now! [censored] off Im goin to the 9th circcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.c..c.c.c.c>ASdf.s./fiasjdlkzdfkzfhz;lh!Internal eRR0r-roCoRD-rekiLd-Kill-ChArron=ThReat threat ThReAt
WoUNnnndd lOWEr ProcceOOR unti..

Kyron wasn't able to sleep but he knew what he had to do. He had to risk being killed and investigate the abandoned gas station to make sure that no one else would be hurt. As well he knew he couldn't let Lucky Harith leave because many people depended on him to deliver the weapons that they so desperately needed, but he would have a month to recover from the accident and his route was modified so that he would see his wife more often. Kyron left a holotape on the bench closest to him that told both Marie and her fiance all that he had concluded. He left Oasis before sun rise and headed south after placing a Map Marker on his Pip-Boy 3000.

KYRON NOGRAD-LOG:0358
I have programed a recording program into my pip-boy last night so that I can continue my log when I am out in the wastes. It's actually quite clever, when I return home it's as simple as inserting the holotape into Wadsworth and there you go a portable log!

KYRON NOGRAD-LOG:0359
It's the 13th and I'm only a few hours away from Rock Breakers...wait, I just realized what the 15th was...It's my birthda...hey what are you doing?...he...HEY.. ahhhh....[censored] YOU [censored]...FU[pORTAble Log malFunctIon Reboot REBooT-HealtH Low-viTal SysTems CrItiicAl-woUndS to:head-left arm-right arm-left l3g-rite le9-Ch0st..PleAsE StAND BYE{]{-<muffled voice>OOOOooh what does I gots here...ahhh one of does vult dwellers eh!? Oh boy vult dweller you lookin in sum ruff shape there huh haahahahahah!!!! .<--voice unrecognizable-not KyRon anolyzing-anolyzing-anolyzing-Anilyzing-No mAtch FOund

Kyron woke up to the thundering pound of a shotgun shell bouncing off of a near by wall. Kyron stood up but almost immediately fell back down. "Hey kid sit the [censored] down." He heard that ominous voice again but he heard another voice in the distance. "Eh Jericho I'll buy the [censored] for 1000 caps." The sound of a shotgun being cocked and loaded was the only sound that filled the room. "Make me a better deal or I'll make you wallpapa!" "Thats all Eulogy gave me I got nothin else...please Eulogy is gonna have my head if I don't get that vault kid!" Kyron checked his Pip-Boy and realized that it was the 14th. The thundering sound of a shotgun burst through the mid sized room. "Woops someone musta put grease on this trigga...oh well maybe does pitt guys will make me a better deal."

Jericho walked to Kyron "How ya doin sleepy head? Hahahaha!" Kyron stood up and unholstered his 32. that he held on the inside of his left sock. "Who the [censored] are you!" Jericho moved closer to the area where Kyron was held. "I dare ya to shoot punk I stole some tech from those Enclave guys you and ure bullets aint goin no were!" Tossing his pistol to the ground Kyron noticed that Jericho was wearing a sort of makeshift power armor with an animal skull on the left shoulder. "Like it... it's a junker, but it's big and thick and it .308's bounce of it like rubba. So kid some guys are comin over in a few hours to buy some er 'goods' and as much as you think you hate me ure gonna have to be calm. You got that, now ima let you out." Jericho pressed a button and the restraints on Kyron's arms were released.

In a split second he reached down and grabbed his .32. "Put it down it's useless. Your stuff is in that locker over there and don't mind Fluffy he's a bastard." Confused Kyron walked over to the locker and grabbed his stuff, he noticed some radroaches in a cage and knew that Jericho must have been talking about one of them. "So why are you letting me go?" Jericho sat down in a near bye chair grabbed a filtration mask and put it on. "I aint lettin ya go...not yet at least I just need you alive and armed... well Im sure you got questions but Im not in the mood to answer yet so... nighty night." Jericho pulled a grenade and tossed it at Kyron's feet. The room filled up with a green gas and Kyron blacked out.

Kyron slowly regained consciousness and realized that he was on the back of a pack brahmin being moved. As well he felt a tug on his neck. It was a color of some sort. He couldn't move and he heard Jericho laughing with a group of other guys. "So 7000 caps...sounds good, you got em on ya?" "Of course Jericho, Ashur wanted this guy bad, and he tossed us an even 12k to get him so we aint [censored]in this up." Jericho shot Kyron a quick glance and pressed a button on his armor. Kyron suddenly felt a surge of adrenaline and jumped off of the brahmin.

He took his combat knife out and slit the throat of one of the men. Then Jericho drew his modified shotgun and blasted the other mans head into a pink mist. "What the hell is going on?" Jericho laughed and patted Kyron on the back. "Good work kid we hit the mother load." Jericho grabbed two packs of caps from the men and tossed Kyron one. "So what now buddy, you gunna snap or you wanaa know the whole deal here huh you choose?." The adrenaline wore off and Kyron was back into a semi-concision state. Kyron grabbed his .32 and aimed at Jericho, his aiming was off but he knew he could make the shot or, he could hear Jericho out .

WADSWORTH-LOG:0244
Master Kyron will be pleased to know that all tasks have been completed and all damages to WADSWORTH CARETAKING UNIT have been repaired.

To Be Continued... :celebration:

POLLS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE-POLLS WILL BE CHECKED IN 24 HOURS FROM POSTING TIME- DECISIONS ARE FINAL

jess hughes

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:43 am

Hey, pretty neat story. It needs some work, but its fine.
Keep it up. Or else...
Bones47

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:03 pm

different but famaliar, i like it. keep going.
Heather M

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:08 am

Thanks that is exactly what I was going for take a familiar visitable setting and give it a new twist. BTW this is all based of of my best file in fact I may post some pictures to give it more life. As well feel free to add on if you wish I will continue the main plot once I complete the Pitt but if someone wishes to continue the story until then it's free game so have fun! :foodndrink:
D IV

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:45 pm

Hmm... Not bad, not bad at all. I rather it, actually. It's a refreshing read, in a way, because there aren't really any errors for me to point out.

Out of curiosity, will you be including any other companions in this besides Charon and Dogmeat? I've never really liked Charon myself.
Jade Barnes-Mackey

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:15 pm

Hmm... Not bad, not bad at all. I rather it, actually. It's a refreshing read, in a way, because there aren't really any errors for me to point out.

Out of curiosity, will you be including any other companions in this besides Charon and Dogmeat? I've never really liked Charon myself.

Thank you for your observation and yes I will include many more followers. Since the pitt is bugged I will do another section today. BTW before I had edited it, it was a mess. :toughninja: Nothing a good review couldn't fix though.
Matt Fletcher

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Okay I have came upon a great idea. If our hero comes to a crossroad were he could take one way without the other I will open a poll and you as the reader could vote for the outcome! :coolvaultboy:
Darrell Fawcett

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:12 pm

Nice man
anna ley

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:46 pm

This is pretty good. I like Charon's logs.
Kelly Upshall

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:30 am

Huge update to the story in about an hour. :icecream:
Devin Sluis

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Pretty good. I cac't think of anything else to say :sadvaultboy:
P PoLlo

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:39 pm

Thank you everyone for the feedback. The polls are now open and the story is in full gear! :woot:

P.S-And to answer the questions of many PM'ers yes I do write all this stuff down first before posting it here it helps a lot to review your work :embarrass: as well I take suggestions to improve my writing so if you have any, don't be afraid to post :goodjob:
Phillip Hamilton

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:32 pm

Oh, and can you make the story in paragraphs? I sometimes read the same line :slap:
naomi

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:49 pm

Oh, and can you make the story in paragraphs? I sometimes read the same line :slap:

How is it now? I just separated them into smaller parts.
Mrs shelly Sugarplum

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:54 pm

New chapter please :)
joeK

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Damn!!! you're faster than I am! I also doing something similiar like yours, but with different story(and no polls). Mine was about the very first BoS Outcast(I got the idea when the Outcast said that their name came from the great codex) and their story as they travel the great wasteland from Lost Hill bunker in west coast, their arrival in Las Vegas, to eventually Capitol Wasteland only to receive distress signal from far north, the NY City(as they are the only one -except BoS and Enclave- to have long range radio, I heard there only 3 of them in BoS possession so I guess the Outcast stole one of them). But since you already beaten me to it, I think I stop...
matt oneil

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:21 am

Damn!!! you're faster than I am! I also doing something similiar like yours, but with different story(and no polls). Mine was about the very first BoS Outcast(I got the idea when the Outcast said that their name came from the great codex) and their story as they travel the great wasteland from Lost Hill bunker in west coast, their arrival in Las Vegas, to eventually Capitol Wasteland only to receive distress signal from far north, the NY City(as they are the only one -except BoS and Enclave- to have long range radio, I heard there only 3 of them in BoS possession so I guess the Outcast stole one of them). But since you already beaten me to it, I think I stop...

DO NOT STOP!! It's this type of creativity that we need here. Not only on our forums but in society! I my self am only 15 years old but am very mature for my age. If you go and test the creative substances that you could find in a book store like Indigo or Chapters (Same mother company I know) you would find that a majority of all books in the FANTASY or FICTION section would have a strong and unfortunate bond to Lord of the Rings and/or Harry Potter. Please don't get me wrong the original books were readable, but once you switch to something else...well your not really switching books now just characters in the same situation. As well I am just finishing up the next chapter on paper and am pleased to say that it will be up soon. Cheers everyone, thank you for the support and keep on reading! :goodjob:

P.S-I am currently on a 360 until I get my new computer in August so if anyone would like to add me, my GamerTag is BlueMirror. :foodndrink: Cheers!
Chenae Butler

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:52 am

The new chapter is up as well as two new logs, enjoy! :foodndrink:

P.S-A new chapter numbering system is also up!
Jynx Anthropic

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:25 am

Wow, this looks much better than when I first popped in. I must remember to check this one every so often. Good job with the changes and all.
Soraya Davy

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:44 pm

Wow, this looks much better than when I first popped in. I must remember to check this one every so often. Good job with the changes and all.

Thanks glad you liked them. Oh and your request for including new companions will come into fruision within the next 5 chapters. So don't forget to read! :deal:

P.S-If you read this (200 views!) then please post it will help a lot more then you think!
Manny(BAKE)

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:54 am

pretty damn sweet! I like the Malfunction text used when Wadsworth is glitching: Lo(34_initializing)LLLLLLLLllllLLllLl(Failure_) ... ... (Threat:CRITICAL) 23 (SHUTTING DOWN)
megan gleeson

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:58 am

Sorry guys for keeping you waiting. Another few chapters are going up today! Hope you like em!
Jani Eayon

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:20 pm

And where are these chapters?
Invasion's

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:23 pm

And where are these chapters?

Sorry, my grade 10 literacy exam came up and was unable to get to a computer and I am posting this right now on my new iPhone-r at the airport so I won't be able to post them until I get back sorry again.
louise hamilton

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:11 am

o.o cliffhanger
Francesca

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion