The Combat Wombats

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:02 am

Backstory

Australia, 2175

The once great city of Darwin, Australia had been turned to ruins after several atom bombs decimated it in seconds. The rest of Australia was in worse shape, but Darwin was a major hub of trade and caravans in the north, and it was hard getting around. A local mercenary group had recently setup shop in the ruins of Darwin, and were usually hired to protect Caravans on their long trip to Collinsville towards the south. The mercenary group was nicknamed "The Combat ,'s", which they never really began with an official name before, so they began to take the nickname to heart. They were given the name because of their fearce fighting prowess, and tough as nails attitude similar to the creature they were named after. They wore typical wasteland clothes, but nothing that gave them that "official" mercenary company look like other mercenary groups. They looked more like regular settlers than mercenaries. But they had painted on their armor, a , leaping forward towards them with blood on its claws, and above that the name "Combat ,'s".

They were a group of misfits, each one was from a different part of the hell that Australia had become. Some had terrible childhoods, and others had more easy going childhoods, but not much.One thing they all had in common was that they were Combat ,'s, the greatest mercenary group in Australia, and they treated each other like family. They occasionally fought other minor mercenary groups that challenged their territory or just for fun. Raiders feared them when they were travelling the wasteland, and rarely fought with them. They were like a diamond in the rough, but this diamond had sharp edges, and knew how to use them. After several years of gaining territory, and destroying smaller mercenary companies, "The Combat ,'s" were in total control of Darwin, and their route to Collinsville and Alexandria.

Current Situation for The Combat ,'s

Darwin, Australia, 2184

The large cotton ball like clouds flowted through the sky, blocking the sun at times as they passed over the Combat ,'s hub in Darwin. The building looked like something you would see out of an old Spagetti Western or some sort of American Western. It was wood framed, surprisingly stable for such old wood and had stain-glass windows. It was two stories, the top floor was were they all slept, and the bottom floor was their business and recreation area. Inside it was more modern, old computers that hardly worked which held all their jobs: Past, Present, and Future. The main lobby was empty, the whole main floor was empty. It seemed like no one was alive inside. The kitchen where all the ,'s ate was empty, and so was the offices. Outside, the ocean crashed against the Australian beach, and a cool sea breeze blew in off the sea.

On the second floor, the several rooms that held the ,'s, each room held four, were silent of any noises except for the beds. Creaks from the bunk beds echoed through the hallway. It was just the beginning of the day, and it seemed that nothing was going to happen.

Synopsis: You play a mercenary working under the famed "Combat ,'s". Work is good, and that keeps your stomach full, and happy. Life seems perfect, and that nothing could go wrong.

Character Sheet

Name:
Appearence:(Weight, Height, Hair color, Eye color, facial features etc)
Clothing/Armor:(Anything besides Power Armor and the like)
Weapons:(No more than 5)
Misc:(Junk you carry: Water, Food etc)
Bio:(How your character joined the Combat ,'s)
Personality:(How your character acts with others)

Rules

1. I am GM, what I say happens or does not happen, happens.

2. NO BS or All knowing characters.

3. Respect one another.

4. Resonable sized posts. No single sentences, and not "books".

5. I will move the story, do not rush it.

6. I will kick any player from the Rp if they do not obey the rules. Warning will be given.

7. HAVE FUN LIKE ALWAYS!!!!!

Name: Jon Vice
Race: Caucasian
Appearence: Short Brown Hair, Brown Goatee, Hazel eyes, muscular build, 5' 10", 178lbs
Clothing/Armor: Brown Duster w/ a white "Combat ,'s" logo on the back, Olive green Cargo pants, Black military boots, Sunglasses, Cowboy-ish hat.
Weapons: Lee Enfield Mk III, x2 Webley Revolver Mk IV, Combat Knife.
Misc: x4 Insta-mash, x6 Dirty water, x3 Nuka Cola, x6 Bubble Gum, x3 Mirelurk meat, weapons kit.
Bio: Jon joined "The Combat ,'s" when he was just a young caravan guard at the age of 17. He travelled all across what used to be Australia, but after his Caravan was attacked by Muraders, he found himself alone with just a bottle of water, and a small box of Insta-mash. He moved north, and fell apon a travelling group of ,'s that were heading towards Birdum. That's when he began working with "The Combat ,'s" and gradually became their leader.
Personality: Good to his fellow ,'s, and those in need. Though they take any job that suits them (Everything), Jon does it with passion. If its killing Raiders or helping clear a town out for some Muraders in the South, Jon does it. He is a tough as nails leader, and wants whats best for his ,'s.
Harinder Ghag

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:05 am

Name: Sam Branston

Race:Caucasian

Appearence: 185 lbs. 5'11 pitch black medium length hair, dagger like Blue Grey eyes

Clothing/Armor: Black Combat armor with "Combat ,'s" insignia painted on the chest piece, Black Cargo pants and a Black Bandana

Weapons: Sniper Rifle, Laser Rifle with scope, Father's .44 Magnum (non-scoped)

Misc: 3 Stealth boys, 5 stimpacks

Bio: Father was a caravaner, as Sam got older he would help him, his father's caravan was ambushed by a group of raiders and his father was killed, San was spared only by the "Combat ,'s" patroling the area and San was in critical condition for 3 weeks. Since he had nowhere to go (mother was killed at birth) he was allowed to stay, but not join the "Combat ,'s" one day when Sam was about 15 he showed prowess in combat by shooting of the head of a lunging Mole Rat with his Father's precious magnum and began to be accepted as a member in the years to come.

Personality: Gets along with the members of the city and all of his fellow mercenaries of the "Combat ,'s" Sam knew his place but was outspoken when he believed he was right, during combat he is more of a solitary fighter and a strategist
Jeff Tingler

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:34 am

Added. Welcome to the ,'s.
Lil'.KiiDD

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:08 pm

thank you, I have a question though

why is it "Combat ,'s"?
Jodie Bardgett

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:45 am

It should be W-o-m-b-a-t's but its censored. Freddo is going to talk with the Administraitor's about uncensoring. Hopefully soon so it won't be so screwed up.

Also, this is the Sign-up thread. So post character sheets here.
Maya Maya

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:25 am

Name: Andy Honnigan

Race: Caucasion

Appearence: 5'8 foot, milky brown eyes, 180 lbs, medium-long messy brown hair

Clothing/Armor: Personalized brown Combat Armor with ammo/medical pouches and Helmet with Combat,'s painted/scratched on, Tattered Doctor Outfit with medical pouches (Wears underneath Combat Armor)

Weapons: Lee Enfield MKIII, 9mm Owen, Enfield No.2 MKI, Knuckle Knife

Misc: CramX16, Purified WaterX20, Dirty WaterX20, Nuka-ColaX10, Med-Xx10, StimpacksX20, RadAwayX10, Rad-Xx10, First aid supplies

Bio: Andy was born in the ruins of Collinsville, a booming town before the bombs fell in 2077. His family had been living in the ruins of Collinsville but he was the first to decide to go out and explore the Outback. He came across mutated animals that were only native to Australia and still very dangerous. Some say he's on the verge of going ghoul, as he's been exposed to radiation his whole life, but nobody really knows. He's good with a gun and good with a knife, but he has a soft spot that stops him from doing a lot of things. He was saved by the Combat,'s a year ago and has been loyal to them since.

Personality: Tends to carry around a lot of food for everyone else, always nice and cheerful. Will kill the enemy but don't expect him to like it afterwards. He tends to like being the doc a lot.
Conor Byrne

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:26 am

Name: William 'Bill' Black
Appearance: Chin length, slightly curly dark brown hair, blue/green eyes, low 190's in height.
Clothing/Armor: White t-shirt and a kevlar vest, both of which are under a blue and white vertically striped jersey. Faded blue jeans. Military style boots
Weapons: Smith and Wesson .38 revolver, Steyr AUG rifle both in rather ordinary condition
Misc: Basic survival kit (food, water etc.) surprisingly large supply of psycho.
Bio: Only joined the ,s recently, they saved him from a gang of raiders in his home town of 'G-town' in the southern part of Australia, though he was forced into taking psycho by the raiders, is now addicted.
Personality: Very nervous and paranoid most of the time, probably because of the psycho. When high he gets incredibly aggresive and irritable.

Once great city of Darwin? Since when has Darwin been great?
Mizz.Jayy

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:07 pm

OOC: Darwin's quite an interesting town, would you believe, it might not seem worth it if you don't live in Australia, *Glares* but we take our country to heart. Even though Australia is pathetically SMALL we're still important.
Juanita Hernandez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:47 am

Name: Aron Hensen
Race:Caucasian
Appearence: 136 pounds, 5'9, built short but with long legs, black spiky, shaggy hair. green eyes
Clothing/Armor:Combat Armor, Combat Helmet, pre war relaxed wear
Weapons:Laser Pistol, 44 caliber repeater rifle, 2 combat knives
Misc:2 dirty water, 4 stimpaks, 2 nuka colas, 1 med x
Bio:Joined because a man had recommended it to him. His parents abandoned him so he took up residence with a scavenger. The man told him to try out for the group immediately because of his run and gun skills. He has been accepted in the group and is a scout.
Personality:Friendly although subdued. Likes combat although he would prefer to not fight.
El Goose

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:24 am

OOC: Darwin's quite an interesting town, would you believe, it might not seem worth it if you don't live in Australia, *Glares* but we take our country to heart. Even though Australia is pathetically SMALL we're still important.

Yeah I am Australian buddy did you not catch the football reference in my char sheet? It's just that it's Darwin! BTW this is apparently the sign up thread
Tamika Jett

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:18 am

OOC: Hello there. I was actually just thinking about starting a mercenary rp, but this looks fun so I'll join yours instead. Certainly has a more interesting location. I've never been to Australia, but I've been thinking of maybe going there someday on vacation. So yeah, I have no idea about pretty much anything in Australia, so you'll have to humor me if I make any mistakes. Also, I'm on a lot less than most people and can't afford to make, say, five posts in one day, but I'll do my best to keep up. The TES section has spoiled me. I'm too used to only making a post every three days. Oh, and forgive the terribly cliche character bio. I'm tired right now and don't feel like being creative.

Name: Jacob Morris
Appearance: 192lbs, 6'2", brownish-blonde hair, blue eyes. He has gaunt cheeks and overall has a tired look about him. He also looks like he never shaves and as such has a thick beard.
Clothing/Armor: A set of brown, leather armor with brown combat boots and gloves. He also has a set of glasses,http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/photos/asgsg5nx500a.jpg.
Weapons: An L2A1, a M1911A1, a combat knife, and two fragmentation grenades.
Misc: He carries a knapsack slung over one shoulder that contains ammo, a few bottles of water, some different meats of various taste levels, and a fantasy novel titled The Sword of Shannara.
Bio: Jacob was raised by his parents to be an upstanding member of the wastes of Australia. Which essentially means doing whatever is necessary to keep yourself alive and screw everyone else. It wasn't until his family was killed by a roving group of raiders for fun that Jacob truly went out of his way to interfere with other people's lives though. He hunted down the raiders and all of their families, even if they weren't raiders themselves, and killed them, all at the age of eighteen. Since then, he became a member of the The Combat ,'s only so that he'd get more opportunities to fight and kill raiders, which he has been doing for a good twenty-one years.
Personality: Jacob is something of a loner and dislikes having conversation or companionship, but when the time comes for combat, he's a perfectly functioning member of the squad, ready and willing to follow any order. And the more violent it is, the better. Something he picked up from the raiders he's spent most of his life hunting.

EDIT: Uhh, I'm not all that knowledgeable about guns, so I'm assuming these would be fine? I just did a quick scan of guns used by Australia on wikipedia.
Charlotte Lloyd-Jones

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:46 pm

OOC: Ummm... Just to say, shouldn't you be using weapons with a bit different names? I put up my first post 20 minutes ago, I just finished editing it with all the proper names... Just holler if you want a site with Aussie weapons... Cause it'd make it a bit more, what's the word? Ah, yes, realistic. Yes I know it's the sign up thread... But it's not like Max is gonna make an OOC thread cause he's offline.
I love YOu

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:08 am

Yeah a site'd help (I svck at gun names)
Mark Hepworth

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:22 pm

http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-weapons/allied_ww2.htm This site has some, but you might be better off just looking on google, good luck with that... Oh and Amborose? I think it's just about poifect.
Johnny

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:28 am

Don't worry, your weapons can be modern day, they don't have to be WW2 weapons. I just like Enfields and Webleys. :) Also they can be almost anything really, Australia has a lack in weapons so Ak's and M1's are also welcomed.

Anyway, I think we can begin when everyone is on. More are always welcomed.
Cool Man Sam

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:03 am

I'm keeping my weapons cause I just wanna stay Aussie but... Also an OOC for this would be a good idea as well maybe Max? Whatever tickles your fancy.
Crystal Clarke

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:47 pm

Well it should be common sense that when speaking Out Of Character, you use "OOC", and when posting after an "OOC" you post In Character.
An Lor

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:39 am

LOL I'm not that stupid, I mean a thread, that's for chatting about this explicitly. Because this should just be a Character sheet... Right? Or wrong?
Lil'.KiiDD

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:37 am

LOL I'm not that stupid, I mean a thread, that's for chatting about this explicitly. Because this should just be a Character sheet... Right? Or wrong?

Threads like that aren't allowed. The only one that has one is The Immortal Blood Timeline, and that's because of special circumstances.
glot

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:59 am

Ok how about this.

Anyone posting on this thread from now on, should and will, only post a character sheet to be accepted.

Also, everyone who's posted is accepted. Welcome to Wasteland Australia. And also for those that are not familiar with Australia, and its geography. Watch the Mad Max Trilogy. The landscape will be similar to that for the most part, but forget about the Methane powered dune buggies.
Ria dell

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:26 am

Name: Cassandra Marcellina
Appearence: Thin and Athletic, 7'2, Long Black Hair, Well defined face, Pale Skin

Clothing/Armor: Custom Made Longcoat, to match her height, Combat Armour, black leather boots and Black leather Gloves
Weapons: Trench Knife, 44. Magnum, Custom Moded Hunting rifle
Misc: Mysterious Note, Food and Water, Ammo.

Bio:
After years of working with the Mercenary Group known as QANTAS, working out of the eastern parts of australia, known as the Queens Land, ruled by a sadistic raider matron who called herself the queen, sandra gave up trying to help, instead she decided to leave this place for a town named darwin, acording to rumours it was full of traders, all in need of protection, after she had scraqed up some debts she was owed, she bought food for travel, and met up with some traders heading that way, it took them one long month of trekking and fighting off dingoes, and raiders but they finally made it to the metropolis of darwin. it was nothing like she expected, where towers where supposed to be there were brothels, where there was hospitals there were pubs and clubs, this place was nothing like she had heard, immediately she planned to go back to the Queens Land. That was when she met Jonathan Vice leader of a merc group, she decided to make some caps, instead of going back. Since then she has worked her way up the ladder of The Combats.

Personality:
Loner, after years of being ostracized for being so tall, she has started to hang out with herself, if she makes a freind, it would have to have been after years of working together, many people around her seem to die on a regular basis, when she was a captain in the Armed Forces of QANTAS (named after some pre-war company, sounds gay (lol)), she was nicknamed the Black Cat, whenever someone new joined her squad, they usually ended up dead. Because of her loner like qualities, and lack of freinds, some tribals think she is a psycic, making the way of the battle turn to kill those she doesn't like.
Lindsay Dunn

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:54 am

Welcome to Wasteland Australia, Deadly Sin. Where radiated Kangaroo's roam wild with mutated Kuwala's, and Raiders and Murader's kill those who appose them. :P :D
Nicole Elocin

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:24 am

I live in Australia, and I agree that Darwin isn't really 'great', Sydney on the other hand...

Anyway, this could get rather stereotypical with all the people who thinks Aussies (Can't believe my spell check tried to change Aussies to Pussies) are Steve Irwin clones and we all ride around on kangroos so I'm not touching this with a ten meter pole. lol
Anna S

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:54 am

True, true... This is now a character spreadsheet thread by the way, so no posting for no apparent reason. Even if it is to argue with me, get in line for that.
Elisabete Gaspar

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:23 am

wait so I'm not aloowed to have a laser rifle?
Eduardo Rosas

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion