The Descendent

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:22 pm

writing. Goodbye. OK so I actually might just keep editing it to make it bigger. This is about a person who was of enclave descent and was captured by the BOS to be made into a steel soldier. It also tells of a quest he must do for New Arroyo.

The Descendent

Prolouge

Arnold walked through the great enclave base of the Poseidon Oil Rig. Looking for the medical center, he found his wife, Catherine. She was pregeant, and having a baby. Within a few moments a baby came out, and Arnold and Catherine named him Cornelius.
A few weeks later, an attemped assault on the Poseidon Oil Rig was started. "For the brotherhood of steel!" Walking quickly to set up a perimeter, the steel soldiers fought as best they can. They did not have a great leader, but only about 3 seargeants. This was not enough to moralize the soldiers. But something worse would reduce them to a pile of rubble. Fighting valiently, one of the seargeants looked for any babies in the area, so they could make them into a steel soldier. Only about 5 babies were found. One of which would become a special warrior in the many ranks of the steel. That one baby was Cornelius.
Soon the enclave started to pushback the steel soldiers. But then the horror finally started when.... Frank Horrigan appeared. Demoralized at the size of him in an instant, the steel soldiers immediatly dropped their weapons. Frank Horrigan crushed them with no mercy. One of the seargeants who had Cornelius ran, but was killed. He managed to actually get 1 of the 5 babies to the aircraft. The other 4 babies were taken back to be trained. Cornelius was going to go on a great adventure, but discover lost secrets kept away from him, just so he could become the leader of the steel....

Chapter 1: Cornelius
Now as you've seen Cornelius, a baby of enclave descent was stolen. Now he is being trained into the ranks of the steel. "Cornelius! Are you prepared for your power armor training? You better do this quickly, so you can be mobilized for war immediatly."
"Sir Yes Sir!" Within a few hours, Cornelius became a recruit of the ranks of the steel. He was told that his parents were murdered, but they found him in the house alone, almost dead...
As Cornelius was walking toward the battlefield to fight against the Enclave patrols, he was shot hard. Trying to regain his balance, he saw a mind controlled deathclaw running straight at him. The deathclaw was quicker than a bullet, and highly agile. Cornelius shot at it desperately. The deathclaw too quick for him, scraqed at him hard. He was knocked unconcious.
Waking up confused, he thought he saw the Brotherhood of Steel soldiers, but he was instead captured by the enclave. He was very scared. But he had no idea he was of Enclave Descent.

Chapter 2:Escape!
As he was being taken to the medical center, he saw 2 people, who were old, about in their 60s or 70s. When he reached them, they started to talk. "Hello!! you are very big, my son."
"My son? My parents are dead. Keep me away from this place!! Bring me back to the lost hills bunker. YOU'RE NOT MY PARENTS!"
"Look son, we are your parents. A few weeks after you were born, the Brotherhood led an assault on our base. They abducted you. Right now, you should just rest. They deceived you. You need to get used to us. Look just rest, and you'll feel better.
"No, no I need to leave. I've heard of what you people do. Im better off with the Brotherhood. Get away from me!" But he did rest, plotting. He was going to get some power armor and escape the enclave oil rig.
The next morning Cornelius prepared to put on special power armor for training. He also stole a AE39 Laser rifle. Walking to the training center, he took a left turn toward the control room. Walking there he saw the chosen one, but ignored him. Walking to the control room, he shot the window, and jumped out, looking for a vertiberd on deck. As he was trying to escape however, the vertiberd was immediatly blown up. A few enclave guards, about 10 quickly entered the vicinity. Fighting quickly ensued, but Cornelius had the skills of a deathclaw, except the deathclaws "claw" was his laser rifle. With quickness, he managed to take about 3/4 of the guards. But soon they were demoralised at the broadcast of Frank Horrigan's death. Running quickly and stealthily, he managed to board a vertiberd. He escaped to the land.

Chapter 3:Lying Steel
Walking home with many questions, Cornelius walked home toward the Lost Hills Bunker. He quickly walked up to the high elder angered. He immediatly asked "Did you abduct me? Was I originally of Enclave descent? Huh?"
"Im sorry to say, but yes you were. We found you as a baby, and took you to train you. You proved to be very intelligent."
"What the hell! You couldn't even tell me the truth. I need to see if im really hearing this. Let me rest."
The next day as the high elder entered his sleeping quarters. He saw a note, but Cornelius was missing
"Good day [censored]. I've left the bunker in search of my own fortune. I've heard of a new city being built. If you want to see me, go to New Arroyo. I'll be residing in the New California Republic area..."

Chapter 4:Meeting of Minds
One day when Cornelius was sitting in his favorite diner, he saw a poster that said "We are having a meeting in 1 hour. The whole town should be here. It's going to be located in the center of NCR (New California Republic)" Cornelius traveled to the town center in one hour.
"Well, we need an introduction as to why we are calling you today. There is a crisis in our midst. Super mutants have heard of one person, his name is Cornelius. He was a former steel warrior, and the super mutants demand him, or they will kill all of us. Cornelius please come up."
Walking up to the stand angrily, he started to speak "What the hell did I do to deserve this? Im just normal now. I've left all that behind."
"Well what you can do is try and exterminate the super mutants. I've heard that our founder, known as the Vault Dweller did kill them off, but they are rising once again. I beleive their leader name is Arnold Horrigan. He was part of the enclave, and managed to merge his body with Frank Horrigan, and also turn into a mutant. He demands your life. Will you take up our quest?" The crowd pleaded for him.
"Very well. I shall take up this "quest", but I need you people to know something. Arnold Horrigan is my father." Everyone was shocked. Finally Tandi spoke up
"So you are of enclave descent? Well nevermind that. You are still friendly and not one bit of evil. You are free to go. But before you go, you must kill Lou Tenant, or the Lieutenent. Here's a photo of him." http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/1/18/FO01_NPC_Lou.png

Chapter 5:The Traveler
Cornelius left New Arroyo in an instant. Many people were worried for him. They were also afraid if he would turn into a super mutant. As Cornelius was walking through the wasteland he saw a small settlement. It said "Welcome to Megaton..." Hmm a nice town I suppose Cornelius entered the town. It seemed deserted, but there was an Atomic Bomb. Since it was deserted, he decided to look for supplies. Entering the "Diner" he saw a sewer plate. He entered it, with caution.
He heard shrieks and cries. Looking closely at some bright green stuff, he saw a person. He quickly left the vicinity. Soon, super mutants were cornering him. The bad part, was that they were all intelligent. The good part, was that there was an atomic bomb. Cornelius shot at them, throwing a pulse charge, and running around, setting it up. When it was ready, he quickly escaped, with a pulse inside him. He travelled once again. A shame that town was killed by super mutants.
When he reached a distance, he decided to blow up the town, to end the peoples misery. He soon saw a building, but then something that he saw haunted him. A deathclaw, no, not a deathclaw. 3 deathclaws.... What weapon did he have? A Laser Rifle. Not enough to kill a deathclaw. Quickly, he entered a nearby building, and shot in the air to attract attention. He shot a nearby car. He heard cries, but not human, nor super mutants. Then he saw a glow, then heard the explosion. He hoped the deathclaws were dead. As he searched the building, he saw ghouls. But luckily the ghouls were not feral. He saw one weird looking ghoul though. As he approached them, the weird looking one said. "What'cha need youngster?"
"Why do you look so weird. Why are you in this building anyways?"
"Well 3 deathclaws have us pinned down, and Gob over here is recovering. Your just what we need. So can you help us youngster?"
"Well I need a proper introduction."
"Ah well I forgot my manners. Im Harold, I got a tree growing on my head, and him over there is Gob."
"Yes I will help you, for I have the same problem. Is this place crawling with ghouls?"
"Unfortunately for you, they are all feral. So take this" Gives Cornelius a ghoul mask...
"Why thank you. I'll be right back." Cornelius left the building with the ghoul mask. When he walked to the deathclaws, he saw them talking..... Cornelius walked up to them. "Hey how can you talk?"
"We are intelligent deathclaws, who are you?"
"My name is Cornelius, and I have been sent to the kill the super mutants. Is it possible if you could help me?"
"Yes, we are on the same quest. We will gladly help you" Cornelius freed Harold and Gob, then set out on his journey with the deathclaws.....
Solène We

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:16 am

Good background and story but it's WAY to short. I started making a story but I gave up on it and my Prologue was about as big as all three of your chapters and prologue. You need to make it longer, but apart from that it's good.
.X chantelle .x Smith

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:38 pm

i was bored, and didn't bother to work too much on it. I'll edit it later
Wayne W

Return to Fallout Series Discussion