The Forgotten Game MAX 2

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:45 am

Not sure but long ago i was at a saturday market, wich is now ground zero for the London 2012 olymics, and i came across an odd looking game, MAX 2. Mechanised Assault & Exploration. wow and at only £1 it was worth buying. the second i got home i installed it into my old PC and started to play. Then after my very first hour i realised that if this game had more popularity and help on bug issues this game could have out shone C&C. it was (still is) great. I'm a svcker for old games and this is the king on that subject.

There are so many options at start and when you play the game you can either have turn based or real time. then the construction, when i build i build in the masses.... as in making cities out of lil factories. then this game came along and said, "Why not build on water too?"

My jaw hit the floor as i realised that i could build bridges to let troops by and ships sail under it... or i could build a platform that doesn't allow ships but allows troops and if i wish i could have a nice big building on top. To date i have not seen a game have this option. And if it did it most likly have a limit to how many you can have. I pray that gamesas can give this old timer one last jolt that old games need.

I think i'm one of the last to have this game... and one of the further few who even play it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard Dixon

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:32 pm

No other strategie game ever provided so many possibility's than MAX. For example, you can build on water, actually you can basicly build wherever you want! Unlike other strategic games with base building this is still is the only game that exist where you can really build out a base, you can build roads, walls, defensive guns, and also upgrade those. In comparison to other strategic games you first have to sek for a good spot to mine, and then you build mine, which takes several turns for completion. If you build on water you first have to build waterplatforms. An other nice feature are connector's, which you use to connect your factories and stuctures. In most games you only have a few upgrades but in MAX they are unlimited, as long you have gold.

I only played the demo of MAX 2, so I haven't explored the full game yet, but I'm still playing the full version of the 1st MAX, and I'm still hoping that they ever bring out an improved version.

I also enjoyed other games of gamesas like "Stonekeep", and "Conquest of the New World"
In my opinion gamesas was one of the greatest developpers ever, and I was sad when I read they had to quit. So I'm very thrilled that gamesas is back!
Nick Jase Mason

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:19 pm

MAX games were fun. I still play MAX (1) because of the speed of play I can play several turns before work each day.
Heck I would love to generate more maps or scenarios for the game.

Dave Chase
Anna Krzyzanowska

Return to Othor Games