The Lack of a Military

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:00 am

I go to the grocery store all the time and don't see a single tank or solider, therefore the United States has no military obviously.

this is going to be countered with well we have military bases, There arent that many in oblivion but morrowind had them al over they are called forts
Sammykins

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:22 pm

i would like to see a decent size force spread throughout skyrim and maybe random battles between armies would be cool too and i hope bethesda can create an engine powerful enough to sate all our desires
James Potter

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:29 am

The legions were out of Cyrodiil in the other provinces as the empire had itself spread too thinly in Oblivion. People, things in settings occur for a reason. The empire didn't collapse solely because of the Oblivion invasion. It was weak and too thinly spread at the time. Settings matter, and it's Bethesda choice of what to have a setting be like.
Anna Krzyzanowska

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Barracks, soldiers, forts, outposts, camps, scouts, trainers, spies, reports, generals, lower officers, skirmishes... I expect all of that to be in, this is Skyrim for Shor′s sake! Fighting, civil war, plots and wars are day to day stuff for people here! The army should be noticed, no fun otherwise.
Michelle Chau

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:16 am

this is going to be countered with well we have military bases, There arent that many in oblivion but morrowind had them al over they are called forts

Morrowind was a province. Cyrodiil was the heart of the empire. I'd expect to see a much greater Legion presence in the provinces as they are there to maintain order and the empire's hold on that region. The heart of the empire would be much more stable and as such, less need for the Legion.
Makenna Nomad

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:24 pm

AHEM!! Who needs additional military when the guards all know to rush precisely to where you are when you commit a crime, you cannot hide from them, they follow you into homes and such, and seem to know you've committed a crime immediately after even though there are no witnesses!!!

I swear they have a Minority Report type of trio figuring this stuff out. So who needs a larger military??? :whistling:
kasia

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:12 am

Having a sizable military is only possible with non unique NPC's. Having loads of NPC's with strong AI can definately be done, just look at some modern fps games. Or even Halo 1 - it had fairly sophisticated AI with multiple factions and fairly big battles on the original xbox. As long as the only functioning AI is the combat AI and it's the same copied soldiers and creatures, it can definately be done.

Anyways, I expect a lot more forts and barracks in Skyrim containing the imperial legion, but I don't expect realistically sized battles. Still, if bows become useful without sneak, and we get horseback combat, things could get pretty exciting.
ONLY ME!!!!

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim