The Magicka Awakens (a DiD thread)

Post » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Finally decided to do a "Jedi" run. My character's name is Lucan Cloudwalker. A Breton, but his father was a Nord. (hence the last name) Will be specializing in magic. Mostly "force powers" type spells. (This is actually my very first mage run since I got the game in 2011. Have used magic some here and there but that's it.) Will use bow very, very sparingly by instead mostly just carry Luke's green lightsaber as my weapon of choice. Will mostly wear Jedi robes, but black mage college robes and black mage ebony armor (light). Also using the hand-to-hand mod so will be a mix between Luke Skywalker and Bruce Lee.

Will be a DiD run like the last one I did on here. Keeping a journal for my character as I play and will post it here as I go like before in hopes that as others read they might get as invested in the character as I do and feel sad or disappointed when he dies. Hopefully he won't. At least not for a long time. I won't post a synopsis of his story and let that be a surprise, but I will be spending most of early game at the Mage's College so shouldn't run into too many death situations until I get leveled and powered up more. Probably post the first entry later today or in the morning.

GEo LIme

Post » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Great! I haven't seen you around lately. Glad to see you writing another one.

May the Force be with you!
Daniel Brown

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:04 am

Have fun I'm following
victoria gillis

Post » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:04 pm

Thanks. Just been going through several different characters trying to find the "one". Most never made it past 10 hours. Even if the story I had in mind was good. I think part of the problem was I kept falling back on the same basic character. Nord or Wood Elf archer. Never played a mage run before. But with all the great Star Wars mods and mods like Magical College of Winterhold, better spell learning, new spells and enchantments, etc, it just seemed like a good time to try it out. Maybe that was why playing as a mage never really interested me in vanilla. The whole mage/Jedi thing is a whole new way to play for me and should be fun. I didn't really keep a journal (written) for most of my recent runs because I kind of new they were all still just tests. Haven't had the time to play or write that I wanted but will be getting up something soon.

How are things on your end? Getting your mods set up and all?

Harinder Ghag

Post » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:57 pm

19th of Last Seed

Two weeks now have I been in this miserable land. I have never been to Skyrim before and already do I regret I came now. Such a dreadful and depressing place. I fail to see why the Nords love this land with such fervor as they do, and as far as I am concerned I say let them have it. From what I have seen thus far, the only thing Skyrim holds in more abundance than death is the damn cold. I only came here for the Mage College.

Yes, there were a few colleges and assorted schools I could have attended back in High Rock, but I was convinced by my peers that if I really wanted to learn from the best, this is where I should be. Arrived here yesterday, and after a cursory look around, I was left to think I had been the subject of a joke. My friends back in Daggerfall are no doubt laughing at me this very moment.

I am here now, unfortunately, and it took most all the gold I had to do so. Even if I wanted to leave I don’t have enough Septims left to get very far. I am starting to suspect the carriage driver from Solitude lightened my coin bag one night as I slept. Nords. I have never cared for them despite the fact my father was one. My mother insisted I carry his last name though I have never seen the man since the day I first came headlong and squalling into this world. I will admit that my disdain for the man is most likely the reason I care so little for Nords like I do.

I have had the chance to take a better look around the college today and, after giving the place a closer examining, I think I can make some good come out of this. There is a master here from every school of magicka as well as a professor of enchanting and alchemy. Two skills I have been hoping to improve. I have been given my own, private quarters and there are plenty of work stations and quite an impressive library. Little seems to be expected of me here. Only to stay out of the way of others and they from mine. How much I can learn here remains to be seen, but could be that once I am able to return to High Rock the joke will be on my friends.

There is a Thalmor lingering about the college that troubles me. Just something about him I don’t trust and I do not seem to be alone in my suspicions. I suppose if there is anything I have in common with the Nords it would be our distaste for the Aldmeri. Pompous asses the lot of them. Will be sure to keep a close eye on that one. There are a few other students here besides myself. Most seem like the good sort. Except maybe the Khajiit. Comes across as a bit full of himself. Those are the kind that get people hurt.

Still a bit tired from the trip. I believe one of the wheels on the carriage that brought me here was a bit smaller than the rest and it made for quite the bumpy ride. Hard to get any decent rest for days so it was good to sleep in a bed again last night. Finished getting settled in this morning and had that look around the place. Took a small collection of books from the library and will begin my studies tomorrow. For now, I think I passed a tavern on the way through town. Could use a drink. Perhaps two.

Keeley Stevens

Post » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:54 pm

20th of Last Seed

Began my studies today. Got an early start and spent most of the day in the Arcanaeum. The first half was used leaning over the alchemy station and studying from some of the books I have checked out on the craft. Discovered two new uses for Blisterwort and tried my hand at some healing potions. The last one I actually managed not to burn.

Ran into an elf by the name of Drevis while at the library. He is the resident master here when it comes to the school of illusion. (Though he does seem to have some problems with invisibility spells.) He did ask that I assist him in a matter relating to the college. Gave me some special gloves and had me “cleanse” energy focal points around the grounds. Not sure if I truly accomplished anything by doing so or not, but Drevis seemed pleased with my help. Gave me a tome for a calming spell and my first lesson on how to cast it. All things considered, it has been a productive day. Perhaps my stay here will not be as dreadful and fruitless as I first imagined.

Emmi Coolahan

Return to V - Skyrim