To the makers of descent...

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:03 pm

I was just browsing the forums and with all the great Ideas you guys are getting thrown at you, and the insane amount in raw creative talent on your dev team... I'm sure you will be able to develop one of the best games of the century. Now just out of curiosity.... are there any actual game ideas or projects from you guys or is most of your time going into the flatout MMO to get the funds to get everything else up and going... Either way I'm happy because its a step in the right direction. But any news from someone other than bickering, die hard, starving for something new descent players would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
Thomas LEON

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:48 am

I'm pretty sure gamesas's general idea is to finish the MMO first, as they have a deadline of April 2011 (I think; trying to get that sorted out) to complete it. Otherwise they forfeit the liscence to publish the game as gamesas no longer owns the rights to the Fallout intellectual property.

As for the makers of Descent, that was Parralax, then split into Outrage/Volition. I don't think they're gamesas controlled... for now. A massive thank you to EA for:
- Producing great quality games time and time again
- Providing excellent technical support
- Never destroying any highly acclaimed studios for profit
- Never ripping people off
- Never wasting people's time
Markie Mark

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Heh, yeah, I'm hoping maybe gamesas might throw us a bone (or a superlaser, or something) to gnaw on; something to let us know that all of this speculation, that we as a fanbase are coming up with, isn't just fluff.

Also I think your signature about EA is grade-A, B4D. lol :lol:
Christine Pane

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:41 pm

I haven't memorized the years on the basic history below:

- Parallax made Descent 1 and Descent 2.

- Parallax split into Volition Inc and Outrage Entertainment.

- Outrage Entertainment made Descent 3.

- Volition, Inc made Descent Freespace (also known as Freespace 1) and Freespace 2. (and many games since that time.)

gamesas marketed: Descent 1, Descent 2, Descent 3, Freespace 1, and Freespace 2.

Volition Inc (http://www.volition-inc.com) and Outrage Entertainment were later purchased by THQ, Inc. (http://www.thq.com)

Outrage Entertainment was closed after the merger with THQ.

gamesas is not tied to either one any more.

Hope that helps some!

8-)
Lily

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:26 pm

That looks about right with doing no research whatsoever. A massive thank you to EA for:
- Producing great quality games time and time again
- Providing excellent technical support
- Never destroying any highly acclaimed studios for profit
- Never ripping people off
- Never wasting people's time
Shaylee Shaw

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:20 pm

http://www.descent4.org/timeline

^Here's a detailed timeline Image
Portions

Return to Othor Games