The Master Plan for a Powerful Character

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:39 am

Ok, so I've been trying to figure out which race and items will make my new character as strong as possible without any temporary effects. After crunching the numbers, with a +10 bonuses to endurance and luck, prioritizing leveling up endurance first while increasing luck at least once per level, my High Elf can be at least/most (whichever way you look at it) a level 47 with every attribute maxed out. (except for luck, which will max out by level 51) I will also make his birth sign The Apprentice.

Anyways, I've chosen the high elf over Breton purely due to the Royal Signet ring, which has a 100 reflect. My first question is, does 100% reflect automatically negate any and every negative magical effect my high elf has? (100% Weakness to magicka with Apprentice birthsign, weakness to fire 50%, and weakness frost and shock 25%) By this, I mean does 100% reflect work on both spells and enchanted items? This will make me vulnerable to only normal weapons.

A list of items I will be hunting down
. Instead of just getting them, I will be doing every quest it takes in order before I receive it. If I have to kill an NPC, I will do every possible quest related to said NPC before executing him/her. I don't want to kill quests over items. Instead, I want to be rewarded for my efforts. Please post any items you would recommend.

-Royal Signet Ring
-Marar's Ring
-Exquisite clothes: Belt of Horator, Exquisite Pants and shirt or the Silk Pants and Brocade Shirt from a quest, or a wedding gift (shirt) from another quest. I believe any other article of clothing cannot be worn along with the daedric armor, other than robes.
-Necromancer Amulet
-Daedric Cuirass and Greaves (Auriel's Bow quest items with 50 feather each) Forcing me to join House Telvanni
-Daedric boots, left and right gauntlets, and left and right pauldrons (unenchanted) and the three daedric helms

I'm also curious if you can equip more than one amulet at a time. If you have any suggestions please let me know before I begin the hunt. If 100% reflect doesn't negate every negative effect a high elf has, perhaps I should be a Breton instead. I was also considering choosing an Orc or Redguard for their sweet sweet powers that I'll actually use. I'm well aware that I could always use alchemy, but I'd prefer to have very high base stats, and use alchemy when I choose to.
james reed

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:13 pm

I'm also curious if you can equip more than one amulet at a time.

No.

-Royal Signet Ring

Good luck with that one.
Conor Byrne

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:51 am

Good luck with that one.

Haha yea I guess I have to kill one of the strongest NPCs around the end of the main Tribunal quest in order to be allowed to kill him without losing out on anything.
Je suis

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:40 pm

that ring should make you immune to spells and enchanted weapons. but it might not protect you against spells reflected back at you, and the three different Atronachs have effects that may harm you because the effect isn't considered to be s spell.
chinadoll

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:41 am

that ring should make you immune to spells and enchanted weapons. but it might not protect you against spells reflected back at you, and the three different Atronachs have effects that may harm you because the effect isn't considered to be s spell.

I think I can deal with the Atronachs. :smile: Do you know what they are considered? A normal attack? If I have 100% resist magicka will I become immune?

The reason why I chose Apprentice over Atronach birth sign is because of the stunted magicka, which has a .5xInt difference. I'd rather have the option to rest and have my 3.0xInt restored instead of having 3.5xInt with 50 points absorb (very nice) with stunted magicka. I suppose it's all up to user preference.
HARDHEAD

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:17 am

I always thought a High Elf with the sign of the Atronach was the most powerful mage character you could create. The stunted mana isn't an issue if you can find reliable ways to recharge it rather than resting.
Kevan Olson

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:55 pm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/
Matthew Barrows

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:37 pm

Breton, Atronach. I pretty much play like you're wanting to, and between that, the Royal Signet Ring, and the Necromancer's Amulet, here's what general magic does:

If Reflect can apply, it does.
If not (reflected spells or traps), 62.5 percent chance of absorbing.
If that fails, you just resist it.

As for your Daedric needs, this is what I wanted my sig to be and it's basically a walkthrough of how to incapacitate someone and steal their armor while leaving them quite alive using enchanting. I believe you know the most relevant NPC for this.
Five-point palm exploding heart technique			Armor render						Pickpocket(Daedric Tower Shield)						(50 EP or better)					(Telvanni Cephalopod Helm)Weakness to Magicka 100pts on Touch				Weakness to Magicka 100pts on Touch			Calm Humanoid 100pts for 6s on TouchFortify Fatigue 100pts on Touch					Disintegrate Armor 100pts on Touch			Chameleon 100 for 6s on SelfDamage Strength 35pts on Touch					Damage Willpower 35pts on Touch					Damage Agility 35pts on Touch						Damage Endurance 35pts on Touch

I like to gather both suits present in the full game (Fyr's and the scattered one), enchant Fyr's with CE strength, then trade that for unenchanted later on when I can handle the encumbrance of Daedric armor myself.

Final suggestion: if you get Whitewalker and a properly enchanted shield and belt you can achieve CE Chameleon 102. This gets old fast if you're looking for combat but it does have the novelty value of letting you talk to normally hostile NPCs of all kinds.
Alycia Leann grace

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:25 pm

I think I can deal with the Atronachs. :smile: Do you know what they are considered? A normal attack? If I have 100% resist magicka will I become immune?

i forget how to spell the word, something like auroral. i play a breton and have the mundane ring i know this is from oblivian. so i shouldn't take any damage from them. i mean like when i have 100% chameleon. i will take damage from them if i am close to them. there is spell in morrowind that allows all three types to appear at once. their auroral kill each other. no you won't be immune because the effect isn't considered to a spell or an attack. i think it something to do with the game engine. for a high level PC, there are no threat. but i thought you might be interested on how the game engine works.
Richus Dude

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:26 pm

No.

Good luck with [the Royal Signet Ring]

Pfft,
Spoiler
1. Leap onto his throne.
2. Launch a Black Dart at him, for example.
3. Wait and watch all the people squirm below you, unable to do anything to you.
4. Get down, loot his body, and teleport the heck out of there!

:)
helen buchan

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Pfft,
Spoiler
1. Leap onto his throne.
3. Wait and watch all the people squirm below you, unable to do anything to you.

Hey! That hurt! :tongue:
Amy Cooper

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:56 am

Hey! That hurt! :tongue:

I heard the king has been killed! I don't believe he had any heirs. :(

(Besides... Hey, you weren't supposed to feel the pain anymore?!)
Sherry Speakman

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:14 pm

I heard the king has been killed! I don't believe he had any heirs. :(

The throne would go to his sister, Morgiah!
Dark days for Morrowind :nope:

:tongue:
Ryan Lutz

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:19 am

Pfft,
Spoiler
1. Leap onto his throne.

I think I'll try that! :) The only issue is killing Almalexia with 100% weakness to magicka. From what I've heard she uses some sick spells. I would kill the king before fighting her, but that goes against my creed: Do not kill an NPC without completing every quest related to him/her.

I wonder if I should catch the werewolf disease in Bloodmoon (Whatever that island is called) before starting the Tribunal expansion. Is a level 12 high enough?
Arrogant SId

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:52 pm

...I would kill the king before fighting her...

Oh, c'mon!!! :facepalm:
Justin Bywater

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Hey, if it's possible to pickpocket the ring or persuade you to hand it over I would. XD
Lucky Boy

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Hey, if it's possible to pickpocket the ring or persuade you to hand it over I would. XD

http://images.uesp.net//4/45/MW-icon-ring_expensive01.png
Symone Velez

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:14 am

The throne would go to his sister, Morgiah!
Dark days for Morrowind :nope:

Yeah... now that you mention it, it's odd the people of Mournhold don't seem to know about Morgiah. Barenziah's the beloved queen figure, and Helseth's in charge, and they still don't seem to know about the daughter. I mean, that line is from the game, after you've killed Helseth. I heard the king has been killed! I don't believe he had any heirs.

e: to steer discussion back to the topic's direction a little bit, your almighty character would also love to get his/her hands on Amulet of Shadows. It makes you basically invisible. It's not a CE item, so you don't have to wear it all the time. But it's all the same... Necromancer's Amulet becomes kinda puny little trinket if you will use Royal Signet Ring. :D

e2: Oh my God what a cheater he is... That's just an Expensive Ring. I say kill him! Again! :ermm:
Lalla Vu

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:47 am

Yeah... now that you mention it, it's odd the people of Mournhold don't seem to know about Morgiah. Barenziah's the beloved queen figure, and Helseth's in charge, and they still don't seem to know about the daughter. I mean, that line is from the game, after you've killed Helseth. I heard the king has been killed! I don't believe he had any heirs.

e: to steer discussion back to the topic's direction a little bit, your almighty character would also love to get his/her hands on Amulet of Shadows. It makes you basically invisible. It's not a CE item, so you don't have to wear it all the time. But it's all the same... Necromancer's Amulet becomes kinda puny little trinket if you will use Royal Signet Ring. :D

e2: Oh my God what a cheater he is... That's just an Expensive Ring. I say kill him! Again! :ermm:

Well, this is why I really want the Necromancer's Amulet:
[Weakness (-) Restance (+)]
Normal Altmer with Apprentice Birthsign= -50% Magicka -50% Magicka -50% Fire -25% Frost -25% Shock

The signet ring + Marar's ring + Necromancer's Amulet = +100% Reflect + 65% Normal weapons

So, wearing the rings and amulet will provide me with 100% Reflect, 0% Magicka, 50% Fire weakness, 25% Frost weakness, 25% Shock weakness, and I'll take 35% Damage from Normal Damage.

When sneaking around, the Amulet of Shadows is sick! When engaged with the enemy, I'll wear the Necromancer's Amulet. When Roaming around, I suppose Hircine's Amulet of Speed will suffice. Thanks for the suggestion!
Skrapp Stephens

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:29 am

Yeah okay I get the point. Also Necromancer's Amulet's +25 to Intelligence won't hurt, especially if you decide to enchant yourself or something. :)
jesse villaneda

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:23 am

Heh, I think King Helseth of Morrowind Forums is experiencing difficult times :P
Leanne Molloy

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:34 am

Reflect and Spell Absorption protect you against all spells and enchantments that enemies use against you, but they doesn't protect you from spell and enchantments that get reflected back at you. If you cast a fireball at a Riekling at it gets reflected, you will still take the damage.

Enchanted weapons as well as weapons amde from Silver or better quality materials ignore Resit Normal Weapons. I am not sure about unarmed attacks and monster natural weapons. I have a bit of a suspicion that they ignore the resistance as well. In any case, Reist Normal Weapons will only protect you against weaker enemies and will have no effect on the really powerful ones.
Eddie Howe

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:25 am

Is there something I can use to resist such enemies?
STEVI INQUE

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:41 am

Get a high armor rating. ;)
josh evans

Return to III - Morrowind