The real IMP

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:34 pm

"...we were shown a "Fairy," a flying creature found in Mexico by a 13 year old child and taken to Jaime Maussan, famed UFO journalist in Mexico City."

https://vimeo.com/175493756

Roy Harris

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:01 am

How is this at all related to TES lore?

joseluis perez

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:36 pm

Thalmor confirmed

Isabella X

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:31 am

Damn mages! At it again!

Robert Devlin

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:27 pm

It's not, moving this to CD.

Jonathan Montero

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:39 pm

Actually, given the esoteric nature of the more obscure lore, this post is more pertinent to TES lore than it is to CD. This is reminiscent of Kirkbride's cryptic hints, but I haven't been following TES lore for a few years now, so idk what the current mood on that is in TES lore. This is probably just someone giving a bit of an aesthetic tease on what a concept in the lore might look like to broach discussion on said subject.

I mean, with what little traffic the lore forum gets these days, I'm pretty sure leaving this post in the ES lore section is more suitable than putting it in CD, where it has no meaning whatsoever.
Laurenn Doylee

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:19 am

The entire reason I stopped following the lore was to escape that nonsense. People didn't understand what they were talking. MK's cryptic hints were him playing with people's delusions - they were never meant to be understood. People saw "hints" where there were none, because the community at the time was in a selfish rat race to discover Anu was the Dreamer. The lore was already in terrible straits after Oblivion, but c0da, or "true" misunderstanding, has made a relativized mess of the lore.

I respect MK a lot, love his writing and concept art, but I can live without the religious fervor of his disciples.

Jeff Tingler

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:04 am

Lots of flying witches, dragons and things in Mexico...

Even Sky Snakes.
Sweets Sweets

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:09 am

Yeah, the fervor always put me off a bit, especially since I was right in the thick of it when they started to get especially stir crazy with it, but I like aspects of a lot of c0da-esque stuff. Honestly, most of it is just weird descriptions for otherwise common concepts. Most of them knew exactly what they were talking about though. Some concepts were highly complex abstractions that were interesting enough to entertain for awhile. Not a big deal imo. Head canon and the boring and therefore wrong mentality gives you a bit of leeway.
Rusty Billiot

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Mmh, leeway to chase abstractions to absurdity :P I admit, I'm no friend of the c0da movement. It lacks the coherency of Temple Zero's more responsible monkey truth, while making a gaudy show of those higher concepts that belong in the background.

Monkey truth took place in a believable world, while c0da rails against what made Daggerfall and Morrowind work: internal coherency, external mystery. Lore ought to be for the common man, both tangible and deep, and not a showpiece for the author's ego.

But I'm rambling... We fans will be fanatics, won't we? :)
Cagla Cali

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:56 pm

I'm skeptical. Perhaps there was an IMPerfection in the x-rays somehow.
sharon

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:55 am

If it is any consolation, I am mostly in agreement with you. I've long since stopped being an ES lore fanatic, but oh man did we all go off the deep end somewhere at some point lol.
Jani Eayon

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:48 am

I stopped following the down-the-rabbit-hole crazy TES lore because whenever I asked for an explanation, I never got an answer. It was like a big ball of string, with everybody who 'understood' in the middle of it. And whenever someone from the outside asked, they somehow couldn't introduce people to it, they were just stuck in this big ball of mental ideas, endlessly and fanatically for the end of the ball of string, even though there wasn't really one. it just seemed absurdly complex and pretentious even.

xxLindsAffec

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:15 am

I tried watching the video but stoped basically at the begining I cant even finish it. Im calling it its fake as [censored]!!!
Naazhe Perezz

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:51 am

Yeah, the old days... so many have moved on. I kinda miss the craziness, ya know?

@ Anglo: That's exactly what it was like. c0da grew out of that confusion, because nobody could concede to a consensus of what exactly was going on. Everyone was left isolated in their own little "headcanons."

Really, it wasn't supposed to be that way, but it all started before my time, when BGS retconned Cyrodiil. That's another story. Its explained at Tamriel Rebuilt's "About Our Lore" page. The folks at TR have maintained a sane grasp of what it means to be Lore Keepers, and aren't pedantic about it.
Robert

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:10 am

Hmm, not my topic. But I do know the real SS* :D

*Slim Shady

Joie Perez

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:13 am

I miss it when people would actually gather, tell their own theories and persona headcanons about the lore. Course MK came out and it turned into a crazy...crazy...place that isn't enjoyable in the slightest. "MK SAID THIS, MK DIDN'T SAY THAT, MK BLINKS 90 TIMES A SECOND" There's no way that I'm going there again. At least the ESO community doesn't care about MK and I can rp without someone screaming "MK SAID IMPERIALS NODDED A CERTAIN WAY, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG"

I mean, yeah I'm exaggerating, but you get the point. :P

There are! Lots of sightings and my dad used to tell me stories about things like Witch Sightings and what not! Don't remember the details, but I think the whole neighborhood would hang something on their door to ward them off.

Alisha Clarke

Return to Othor Games